Sean Miller

6,715 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Double Diamond
LawHall88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Discuss.

Quote:

FBI wiretaps intercepted telephone conversations between Arizona coach Sean Miller and Christian Dawkins, a key figure in the FBI's investigation into college basketball corruption, in which Miller discussed paying $100,000 to ensure star freshman DeAndre Ayton signed with the Wildcats, sources familiar with the government's evidence told ESPN.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22559284/sean-miller-arizona-christian-dawkins-discussed-payment-ensure-deandre-ayton-signing-according-fbi-investigation
gougler08
AG
He gone
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Method Man
Leander - Ag
AG
F'd
mikesyracuse1
He won't make it through the weekend

Mikesyracuse1
Method Man
Back to being the guy that passed the ball to Jerome lane.
tremble
AG
Gonna be a lot of tight buttholes this weekend if the feds have taps
6-4-3
AG
Wow.
Texas A&M
Does that mean after Arizona forfeits their win against us we're now undefeated in non-conference play? If so, we're now a shoe-in for the tournament.
EKG1996
AG
Starting to feel like baseball and steroids in the 90s. Probably safe to assume that if you signed a top ten player in the last 30 years that your coach or someone in your program did something illegally.

Of course just like baseball there are probably a few exceptions to that rule but not many.
94chem
Texas A&M said:

Does that mean after Arizona forfeits their win against us we're now undefeated in non-conference play? If so, we're now a shoe-in for the tournament.

Kansas says hello.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Texas A&M
94chem said:

Texas A&M said:

Kansas says hello.
I meant non-conference before conference season started. Plus, I'm sure Kansas cheated too.
LawHall88
AG
94chem said:

Texas A&M said:

Kansas says hello.

So just dig up some dirt on Malik Newman and we're golden.
PJYoung
AG
The telephone calls between Miller and Dawkins were among 3,000 hours of conversations intercepted from Dawkins' phone by the FBI.
Double Diamond
Idiot. But more is coming as there are more wiretaps.
LawHall88
AG
So what is Miller's move now - deny everything, dare Arizona to fire him based on an ESPN story citing only anonymous sources?
Harry Dunne
Double Diamond said:

Idiot. But more is coming as there are more wiretaps.

If he's an idiot so are a lot of other guys out there. If he was the only guy cutting checks for 100K they would have won a lot more championships.

This thing is going to turn out to be just like doping in cycling, steroids in baseball etc. There's just no way some programs were cheating so badly and other programs were still beating them doing it "clean".
Method Man
Billy Kennedy stands on the ashes of fallen programs. Victorious. The last coach that didn't cheat. National
Champs.
LawHall88
AG
Method Man said:

Billy Kennedy stands on the ashes of fallen programs. Victorious. The last coach that didn't cheat. National
Champs.

I agree that we should mock anyone who actually performs his job with integrity. Well done!
Seven Costanza
AG
I'm kinda hoping that we find out Marlon Pompey was given $180 to come here.
Know Your Enemy
AG
LawHall88 said:

Method Man said:

Champs.

I agree that we should mock anyone who actually performs his job with integrity. Well done!

You might want to hold off until the investigation is over.
Method Man
I'm definitely mocking the part where he did his job with integrity. You don't know what you don't know.
Double Diamond
Sean Miller is on tape telling Dawkins to deal with him about money. No Sean Miller will not be coaching tomorrow night.
mhayden
At no time did Sean Miller think maybe to let some other schmuck do his talking for him?

The ability for idiots to rise to the top always amazes me.
Topher17
AG
Seven Costanza said:

superunknown
AG
Seven Costanza said:

$180 US or Canadian?
jml2621
Cal paid Unibrow $200k.
jml2621
superunknown said:

Seven Costanza said:

$180 US or Canadian?
Watch it. Weak dollar!
biobioprof
Zona hired Sumlin after RichRod left because of a scandal...

maybe they can take BK?

Also SIAP

jml2621
biobioprof said:

maybe they can take BK?

Also SIAP

Our bracket's going to be wide open as a 17th seed.
Agsncws
AG
biobioprof said:

maybe they can take BK?

Also SIAP

Thats THREE DeAndre Ayton's!
[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qh0MyYgSAQsDxvvIIU3ehE1nf8WWLQEa/view?usp=sharing[/url]
GE
AG
So is Ayton done too? Really weird timing for this whole thing to break
LouisvilleAg
AG
GE said:

So is Ayton done too? Really weird timing for this whole thing to break

Well Yahoo is not going to publish after March Madness. Nobody would have read it.
Halconblack
AG
In all honesty, I don't care that any of the recruits are getting paid. College sports is a big business. When you start charging $100 a ticket for a 104k seat stadium that you are selling out, money for the players (in legal or illegal ways) isn't far behind. If this was baseball all of these kids would be getting paid millions out of high school, so why make other sports different?
My real frustration is that we are spending a lot of tax payer money on this. I know we are trying to "protect " the athletes, but the only parties really getting hurt in this crime are the schools not cheating. I am not really all that bothered by it.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.