Serious Question: what do Chew and Maligi do?

1,661 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Belton Ag
Steeple
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I thought that they were supposed to be top notch recruiters.

Either

1) they aren't

or

2) our brand is too tarnished due to BK's reputation as a subpar coach
Method Man
I don't think anyone's brand is too tarnished to recruit. For instance, see Kennedy's good classes. See Johnny Jones.
Double Diamond
Not sure what's going on. Not sure why they couldn't get a few three stars. It's certanily interesting why it's dried up.
Method Man
I want to know why we run a system that relies on outside shooting and we have one player that is a shooter.
Steeple
Kennedy's good classes were reliant on Avery Johnson and Stansbury, combined with a shorter BK track record.
Method Man
Nm
TMartin
Method Man said:

I want to know why we run a system that relies on outside shooting and we have one player that is a shooter.

And have a point guard that can't distribute the ball to the bigs.
Hop
Staff
AG
Steeple said:

Kennedy's good classes were reliant on Avery Johnson and Stansbury, combined with a shorter BK track record.

The Avery Johnson factor continues to be grossly over exaggerated.
2nd Generation Ag
My guess is either they are moving on or we have are moving on from them. Probably mutual They have known it for awhile. There is nothing going on.. that has to be it.
EO718
jml2621
Double Diamond said:

Not sure what's going on. Not sure why they couldn't get a few three stars. It's certanily interesting why it's dried up.

Stansbury.

Recruiting of last year's class would have begun during the 2016 season.
jml2621
Hop said:

Steeple said:

But not the Stansbury factor per numerous articles.
Hop
Staff
AG
jml2621 said:

Hop said:

Steeple said:

But not the Stansbury factor per numerous articles.

I've never stated otherwise, so not sure why you have to make that clarification. Stansbury/Keller combo worked well.
BanderaAg956
Which one of them recruited a small white kid?
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
Know Your Enemy
AG
drevans956 said:

If you're referring to Collins, the answer is nobody. He was a walk on.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Chew brought in Duane Wilson for this season, and TJ Starks was Malagi. So they were not busts on adding talent to the 2017-2018 roster.

Recruiting isn't why this team played with seemingly low effort Miss State on Tuesday night. To give up 90+ points at home to a team like Miss State is pretty inexcusable and points to a team that was unmotivated to hustle and didn't seem to care much whether it won or lost that game. Whether you have 5-stars or 3-stars on the roster...that kind of team attitude & culture will sink you and is pretty damning.

Have yet to watch them play an SEC game this season except Auburn and Kentucky games on replay. Won't sit down live and waste two hours today watching them. If I watch a hoops game today, will be some other game. Not going to waste my personal time on a sports team whose players continually get suspended because they can't be bothered to follow rules, and only maybe plays with effort on the court if the situation has begun to look truly desperate and a gun is pointed at their head.
Steeple
If so, why were we compelled to give his son (who had no other D1 offers) a scholarship?
Ric Flair Woooo
AG
Method Man said:

And who would that one shooter even be? Who we hope it would be has never shot 40% in his career unfortunately.
Ric Flair Woooo
AG
I agree with your post. And now I'm depressed...
_lefraud_
AG
Steeple said:

If so, why were we compelled to give his son (who had no other D1 offers) a scholarship?
Exactly. The weird part is Hop seems to be arguing that others state the entire 2015 class was because of Avery, Jr, which I don't think anyone is actually arguing. Avery, Jr (or Sr) played some sort of role in getting the 2015 class to campus, which was solidified when Jr was given a scholarship. Not sure why Hop continues to downplay the role of Jr and/or Sr.
Hop
Staff
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Steeple said:

Exactly. The weird part is Hop seems to be arguing that others state the entire 2015 class was because of Avery, Jr, which I don't think anyone is actually arguing. Avery, Jr (or Sr) played some sort of role in getting the 2015 class to campus, which was solidified when Jr was given a scholarship. Not sure why Hop continues to downplay the role of Jr and/or Sr.
The person I was responding to said Kennedy was reliant on Avery (and Stansbury) for every good class he signed. That is an exaggeration. Did the Avery Jr. connection help? Sure...maybe the 4th or 5th reason why Davis and Hogg came to A&M. But to think that a low three-star guard a year older somehow was a primary reason two high 4-stars chose A&M is an exaggeration. And there's much less of a connection between Avery and Thomas/Gilder. That's just fact. I covered recruiting. I saw the interaction of Avery and these kids at Duncanville. They were friends and spoke, but it wasn't like Davis/Hogg were following around Avery like a puppy dog.
old yeller
AG
drevans956 said:

Sometimes it's better to say nothing at all
GE
AG
Keller - left for SFA in April '16
Stansbury - left for WKU in March '16

Here are all the players (contributors and projected contributor only) the current staff gets credit for.

Committed dates:
Starks- June '16
Flagg - September '16
Chandler - November '16
Isiah Jasey - August '16
Josh Nebo - April '17
Duane Wilson - March '17
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

Have yet to watch them play an SEC game this season except Auburn and Kentucky games on replay. Won't sit down live and waste two hours today watching them. If I watch a hoops game today, will be some other game. Not going to waste my personal time on a sports team whose players continually get suspended because they can't be bothered to follow rules, and only maybe plays with effort on the court if the situation has begun to look truly desperate and a gun is pointed at their head.
This makes me legitimately sad, when the team and staff has squandered the support of people like Pumpkinhead then all is truly lost. Even if we make the tournament the best possible thing would be to just hit the reset button after this year.

Edit: Emoji fail. Is it just me or is the TexAgs platform an absolute beating to try and post on an ipad? It really sucks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.