The college basketball bombshell is released

9,910 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GrayMatter
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cedar09 said:

So why are these players that are named in the report playing in games today?
Why wouldn't they play?
Cedar09
So you believe the kid from Arizona should play tonight?
BQ_90
AG
Cedar09 said:

What the harm? If he was paid, the. Zona is going to have the season wiped pot anyway
Cedar09
I believe any athletic program that had any integrity would not play a player named on that list.
Bunk Moreland
Cedar09 said:

I believe any athletic program that had any integrity would not play a player named on that list.

"Athletic program" and integrity??

Know Your Enemy
AG
Cedar09 said:

If they had integrity they probably wouldn't be on that list in the first place.
Bryank89
Aston04 said:

monarch said:

***** and moan about BK and his coaching style, the way we play, the lack of anticipated wins, etc, etc, etc, but it appears he is running a clean program and we should be grateful for that. On the other hand, fellow SEC brothers Auburn, Alabama, Kentucky, LSU, Tennessee (association with Rick Barnes) and of course our buddies on the west side of I-35 have all been implicated. Others such as USC, San Diego St, Michigan St, North Carolina and Duke have some 'splaining to do, even though Duke has supposedly been cleared.
bcg and turge didn't get caught cheating here either and actually could coach too. But I guess I should be "grateful" for BK.
Totally dude! This could be our greatest moral victory of all time! Raise the banner!
DeangeloVickers
AG
Reports that Sean Miller has been fired.
jml2621
Cedar09 said:

I guess they're thinking "Well, the season is screwed anyway." This game will be forfeited, now.

jml2621
Bryank89 said:

Aston04 said:

monarch said:

***** and moan about BK and his coaching style, the way we play, the lack of anticipated wins, etc, etc, etc, but it appears he is running a clean program and we should be grateful for that. On the other hand, fellow SEC brothers Auburn, Alabama, Kentucky, LSU, Tennessee (association with Rick Barnes) and of course our buddies on the west side of I-35 have all been implicated. Others such as USC, San Diego St, Michigan St, North Carolina and Duke have some 'splaining to do, even though Duke has supposedly been cleared.
bcg and turge didn't get caught cheating here either and actually could coach too. But I guess I should be "grateful" for BK.
Totally dude! This could be our greatest moral victory of all time! Raise the banner!

17th seed march to Victory!
DeangeloVickers
AG
DeangeloVickers
AG
CDub06
AG
So if a school expects to be looking for a new coach, they should get on it now...?
Double Diamond
ESPN get it wrong on Sean Miller?
basic8
Double Diamond said:

ESPN get it wrong on Sean Miller
Double Diamond
I think this whole thing is gonna be a big nothing. Players not being held out. Miller still employed. Schools don't seem worried at all.
GrayMatter
AG
Double Diamond said:

I think this whole thing is gonna be a big nothing. Players not being held out. Miller still employed. Schools don't seem worried at all.
If this were the NCAA investigating, you'd probably be right. I think in the end there will be casualties, but not as many as we think.

If anything, the NCAA is going to feel a lot of pressure to do something.

It's hard to predict what is going to happen because who's going to be in charge for punishing schools that were found cheating? The NCAA? The FBI? The institutions themselves?

Anyone catch Georgia Coach Fox's comments about the whole thing? He seemed pretty PO'ed and had an interesting take on the whole scandal.

Quote:

It starts with our coaches, and then you ask how the NCAA has handled it, The NCAA is made up of member institutions. How are the institutions handling it? That'd be my first question. How are they handling it? Putting their head in the sand and looking the other way? I'm past anger, sadness. It's just disgusting, and we're really hurting the game, and the game has been so good to everybody.

I would like to see institutions take the lead and show true leadership and stand up for something. But I don't have a lot of confidence we're going to see that. We'll all just blame the NCAA and the media.
The conversations will be uncomfortable, but we all have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable for progress to be made.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.