No Heart

1,730 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CDub06
AggieFanSince1955
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The basketball team has no heart. The head coach can impact a team's performance by the energy he brings to the floor. Kennedy brings zero energy and that is how his team performs.
EliteZags
AG
would you say there's a total eclipse of the heart
Jaxson11
AG
Would you say they need to see the Wizard?
AggieTFA06
AG
AggieFanSince1955 said:

The basketball team has no heart. The head coach can impact a team's performance by the energy he brings to the floor. Kennedy brings zero energy and that is how his team performs.
This is what I've said since Kennedy's first year.

I sure do hate to be right.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
gopitt
Spot on.
A good coach with passion and energy would have this team as a 3 or 4 seed.
He needs to go!!
LSU Baseball Fan
Y'all are experiencing this year what we experienced the last several years with Johnny Jones. It's no fun supporting a team that doesn't look like they care.
MMantle
AG
You are dead wrong, there is not that much talent on this team, not even close, no quickness, can't jump, can't shoot.

RR
Method Man
yeah, true. I mean Turgeon got to a seven seed with this lineup
Dash Harris
BJ Holmes
Khris Middleton
David Loubeau
Nathan Walkup

Much more talented than this team.
MMantle
AG
Don't agree.

Davis is a player, RW is one-dimensional, can't function in half-court offense, Gilder is a player, but is playing at, maybe 75%, Hogg has, well, been struggling, Starks will be a player, but is a true freshman.

Turgeon's team was more experienced, had a couple of shooters (BJ, Middleton), had a true point guard, played solid defense, played as a team.

RR

HoustonAg2106
AG
MMantle said:

You are dead wrong, there is not that much talent on this team, not even close, no quickness, can't jump, can't shoot.

RR
This team has plenty of talent...potential lottery pick and one of the best centers in the country.
Ag_EE_88
AG
Interesting. Living in Round Rock, I hear the same thing about Shaka Smart. He's starting to get a lot of flak for not yelling so much during games....of course, that's also them not being very good too.
Aston04
AG
Ag_EE_88 said:

Interesting. Living in Round Rock, I hear the same thing about Shaka Smart. He's starting to get a lot of flak for not yelling so much during games....of course, that's also them not being very good too.
And to give perspective- Shaka Smart is Bob Knight in comparison to BK on the sideline.
AgsNguyen
AG
Clearly Mantle has shown himself to be a BK lover in the past. My question to him is its year 7...if this team isn't talented then that's a BK failure and its not like we have some stocked signing class coming to help anytime soon.
Double Diamond
Shaka stands abs is involved in every play his team has. It's not about yelling, it's anout coaching. Standing and helping. A coach should be sweaty after a game.
Topher17
AG
This team is as talented or more talented than ~95% of D1 teams. The talent is there, they are just poorly coached and don't seem to have the internal drive to win outside of Tyler Davis. They don't have an on court leader that can whip everyone in gear and get the team rolling. Tyler has the attitude for it, but as a post he can't really fill that roll. This team has the talent though and to say they aren't talented is just an excuse for their laziness.
Double Diamond
I don't think anyone on this roster will have a better NBA career than Middleton. However, the overall roster is leeps better then Turgeons last.
Saint Pablo
Method Man said:

yeah, true. I mean Turgeon got to a seven seed with this lineup
Dash Harris
BJ Holmes
Khris Middleton
David Loubeau
Nathan Walkup

Much more talented than this team.
I agree with you...but Middleton has probably accomplished more in the NBA than any of these current guys will
Method Man
How we felt about sophomore Middleton is nowhere near how we felt about him then. Dash was a sophomore who shot about 30%, Nathan was a 6'6" PF, Loubeau was a 6'8" center, BJ was a 6'1" SG who no one would have chosen over Gilder coming out of HS. I mean you can't be serious can you? The big difference is one coach had set plan and expectations and enforced those and one doesn't.
Double Diamond
I suggest you folks engage with other fan bases. This is what the 17/18 Aggies are being known for. The constant thing I hear is, don't play hard or with any passion or heart. Davis and Wilson were it.
Saint Pablo
Haha I am agreeing with you. This is the most talent we have ever had and it really is sad. I think that the most talented players won't go on to do anything relevant at the next level because it looks like they simply don't give a damn
Method Man
Yeah we will see. Doubtful on Hogg. Everyone else who knows?
HoustonAg2106
AG
Double Diamond said:

I don't think anyone on this roster will have a better NBA career than Middleton. However, the overall roster is leeps better then Turgeons last.
It's tough to project how some of these guys will do in the NBA once they get some actual coaching.
BattlinB
AG
Hoping TD will stay for his senior year and up his draft stock some. Anyone see that happening?
Hogg looks unhappy, ever since his suspension he has lacked the effort. I could see him transferring
out for his last year. It really looks like we will have nothing for next year.
Topher17
AG
If Hogg leaves it won't be to another school, he would go pro and play in Europe or the G-League. TD probably isn't getting drafted whether he comes back or not. For him it will be a decision between whether getting started in Europe a year early is something he wants to do. He may eventually get a chance in the NBA, but he's a little short for an NBA 5, and hes not athletic enough to play the NBA 4.
Faustus
EliteZags said:

That implies a turnaround.
PatAg
AG
I think Davis has done enough to at least get a shot at the NBA at first. I think he should come back for his senior year, but I'm sure some of that will depend if there is a coaching change. And I'm not sure which way he would actually lean on that issue, I assume he'd want BK to stay.
CDub06
AG
Faustus said:

EliteZags said:

That implies a turnaround.
Every now and then I get a little bit nervous that the best of all the years have gone by
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.