NCAA officially vacates Louisville's 2013 National Title

1,575 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by W
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cool, that'll show 'em.
Iowaggie
AG
I never thought the NCAA would take away a title in basketball.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Is Louisville vacating drunk Papa John?

Double Diamond
So stupid. We all know they won it. Paying for some party girls had nothing to do with it. I'd be shocked if this doesn't go on everywhere. Yet UNC gets nothing as athletes are in fake classes, because UNC offered this for everyone. Louisville messesd up by not offering up girls for all students.
GE
AG
Double Diamond said:

So stupid. We all know they won it. Paying for some party girls had nothing to do with it. I'd be shocked if this doesn't go on everywhere. Yet UNC gets nothing as athletes are in fake classes, because UNC offered this for everyone. Louisville messesd up by not offering up girls for all students.
If paying for prostitutes helped recruit players on that team, then they should vacate.
Double Diamond
Never proved. The kid who went to Ohio State was on the list. Wasn't on Louisville. I'm not a Lousvile fan. I'm just a basketball fan tired of watching the NCAA do stuff like this.
Double Diamond
Because mark my words when the FBI is done, and the dust is settled and a bunch more top level programs are implicated. The NCAA will start claiming they are fixing things by sweeping this under the rug and handing out do overs. It's this inconsistent garbage that is crazy.
Double Diamond
Louisville messed up by not offering girls to all students. Kind of like how UNC kept athletes eligible by offering scam classes. Or Syracuse getting a light slap for all kinds of academic issues. Or Cam Newton playing after its known his dad shopped him.
TyperWoods
I don't care what the NCAA says.

I won the 2013 March Madness bracet at work because Louisville won, and I'm not vacating my win.
mikesyracuse1
Junkhead said:

Is Louisville vacating drunk Papa John?

I was in one of the Stadiums Coaches suites at the final four a few years ago and papa John was trashed, but he did provide a lot of pizza for the weekend.

Mikesyracuse1
W
AG
Louisville deserves everything they get from the NCAA and then some
Double Diamond
It's the entire idea that nobody won guys. And what will the NCAA do if it's wide spread cheating out of the FBI report. Just start removing games. Heck no they won't. Yea they showed UL didn't they. Big bad NCAA.
bobinator
AG
for the record, I was kidding, I think vacating wins is a hollow punishment
Double Diamond
It only hurts the players who did nothing wrong and the fans who did nothing wrong. And is laughable we know who won. Just the same as we know the Fab 5 played Duke and UNC for titles. We know that Kevin Ware broke is leg, not in a game that didn't happen, but very much a game that did.
Olsen
AG
So the 2013 March Madness tournament never really existed?
EXCELL
So do they give the national championship to Louisville's championship game opponent?
Do they now get the trophy?
Do those players now get championship rings?
TXAggie2011
AG
Louisville also has to return 4 years of money they received from revenue sharing and Pitino, McGee, etc. will remain under show cause penalties...plus all the other recruiting penalties and stuff.
BoilerTom90
Going after a "program" like Louisville doesn't tell me the NCAA is all that serious. I'll bet you don't have to look to far to find some stuff at Kentucky, UNC, and Michigan State. But, those are the darling programs
bobinator
AG
What? And Louisville isn't?
Sandman23
AG
Yeah...it's a bit of a stretch to say that Michigan State is somehow in a higher "blue-blood" tier than Louisville.
_lefraud_
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Guess that means Kennedy has only missed the tournament 4 times, instead of 5.
94chem
We all know that Indiana, Notre Dame, and IUPUI run the Midwest.
TXAggie2011
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

The effort to keep Kennedy goes higher than I thought!
Olsen
AG

EXCELL
Quote:

Time to renegotiate that extension
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

Never proved.

Did Louisville actually contest the findings of the parties? You may be asserting something even Louisville didn't assert and I'm wondering why.
jml2621
BK vacated our 2018 title.

Iowaggie
AG
BoilerTom90 said:

Going after a "program" like Louisville doesn't tell me the NCAA is all that serious. I'll bet you don't have to look to far to find some stuff at Kentucky, UNC, and Michigan State. But, those are the darling programs

I'm still waiting for the NCAA to vacate Duke's 2nd place finish in 1999 for playing an ineligible Corey Magette.

It was the justification for vacating wins from other programs...play an ineligible player, forfeit the game....regardless of whenever the school knew about the violation or eligibility of the player.

Magette testified in court about taking money.
W
AG
the fans need to feel the punishment too. Ultimately they are the ones that let the athletic department know that poor conduct, shameful conduct, illegal activities, cheating, etc.., is okay among their coaches and students in order to win games
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.