No more *****ing about Trocha please

5,356 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by txag72
Electric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wait that was still *****ing
Harry Dunne
mazag08 said:

Trocha-Morelos has developed some pretty good face up post moves. His back to the basket game still leaves a lot to be desired, and he rebounds like he's 6'5. But anyone who isn't happy with his play and his role on the team is delirious. He's a great 3rd option post player on any team in the country. We are lucky to have him.

Bingo. Compares well to any veteran big man coming off the bench that we have ever had.
CapCityAg89
AG
bobinator said:

CapCityAg89 said:

For whatever reason people are pissed Tonny wasn't an immediate AA. He's s good kid who contributed and took advantage of his opportunity. I wish that was enough.
I don't really get this narrative. Are there really a lot of anti-Trocha people?

Dude is a volatile player. Sometimes he's good, sometimes he's not, and in the heat of the game people might say stuff like "we need to get him out" because it's absolutely true at times. But that doesn't mean people don't appreciate the hard work he's put in.

I like Trocha just fine and respect the effort he's put in, but that doesn't mean I won't complain during a game when he isn't playing well.

In no way do I want to rehash or bump threads from the beginning of the year, but it sure as hell seemed like there were anti-Trocha people. I guess as RW started playing like RW, the reality that Tonny is a role player and should be evaluated as such has sunk in. Good stuff.
SWAGBOT
AG
I just don't like when Trocha jacks up 3s lol
CactusThomas
AG
He has hit some absolutely game changing threes
AnalogyAg
Electric said:

The powerless forward is playing much better. Glad we have him.
gougler08
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

bobinator said:

CapCityAg89 said:

For whatever reason people are pissed Tonny wasn't an immediate AA. He's s good kid who contributed and took advantage of his opportunity. I wish that was enough.
I don't really get this narrative. Are there really a lot of anti-Trocha people?

Dude is a volatile player. Sometimes he's good, sometimes he's not, and in the heat of the game people might say stuff like "we need to get him out" because it's absolutely true at times. But that doesn't mean people don't appreciate the hard work he's put in.

I like Trocha just fine and respect the effort he's put in, but that doesn't mean I won't complain during a game when he isn't playing well.

In no way do I want to rehash or bump threads from the beginning of the year, but it sure as hell seemed like there were anti-Trocha people. I guess as RW started playing like RW, the reality that Tonny is a role player and should be evaluated as such has sunk in. Good stuff.
To be fair, he had some very poor games there for a stretch...magically now that he's playing better you don't see the complaining
rlb28
AG
SWAGBOT said:

I just don't like when Trocha jacks up 3s lol
I don't necessarily like it when anyone "jacks" threes. I think the "Tonny is a jacker of threes" is a little bit overblown. He makes 35 percent of his attempts (21 of 60) and has made the 3rd most on the team. A college basketball team has to take threes. Who else do you want shooting them? It also seems like Tonny makes some big ones when the team needs it.
PJYoung
AG
I love him like I love another underappreciated player of years past - Marlon Pompey.

And much like Marlon, Tonny leads in underside of rim and backboard hit during his time here.

gougler08
AG
These are the type of games he was having at the beginning of the year, can't finish the bunnies
Electric
AG
This might be his worst game. porters kid brother owned him on a few drives. Embarrassing.
Aston04
AG
PJYoung said:

I love him like I love another underappreciated player of years past - Marlon Pompey.

And much like Marlon, Tonny leads in underside of rim and backboard hit during his time here.

Trocha is a good kid, but Pompey was much tougher and much more of a hustle/energy guy. Trocha has far more talent. Don't really see the comparison.
AnalogyAg
his hands are the weakest i've ever seen.

i swear my gradeschooler could outwrestle him for the ball. (and she's kind of dorky)
Texas A&M
It was a little thing, but I appreciated how TTM went over to hug each of the three yell leaders before the game tonight. We'll miss him.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Believe he is 1 for 13 the last three games !
Double Diamond
Big Jim why are you always mad and yelling?
Electric
AG
*****ing about Trocha is now allowed again. Carry on.
Electric
AG
Arm wrestle contest. Trocha or Collins?
Ulrich
Trocha seems like a good guy with some good skills, but he never put it all together to become a really good basketball player.
Aston04
AG
He'll make a good living playing overseas.
Method Man
Possibly the least watchable player in a decade.
txag72
AG
Quote:

Believe he is 1 for 13 the last three games !
And how has that worked out for us? With Hogg (not) doing his thing and the guard play being so meh nearly all year, maybe Trocha is a little more important to this team than realized.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.