No more *****ing about Trocha please

5,319 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by txag72
txag72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This guy has gone through hell to play basketball here and is one of about 3 players on the team that have kept their eye on the prize. He isn't the easiest guy to watch play some time, which means what he's done to get where he is is more about work and dedication than raw talent (like all the players who have been suspended have). You talk about future obscure players who were under-appreciated for the over-all situation he went through? He's it.
Texas A&M
Agreed... he fills a nice role on this team.
tamu05ag
He's been pretty good now that he knows he's not a post player first
Pumpkinhead
AG
Off the court, Trocha also earned an Aggie Ring and will have a college degree from Texas A&M.
GE
AG
Agree with this message.
Isaih Smollett
RoseRichAg01
StarBurns
AG
Trocha was lookin fly posted up outside of Social last night.
Double Diamond
Only issue I've ever had is Kennedy giving him a green light anytime.
txag72
AG
Quote:

Could you try again, unless this is something an old doesn't understand?
CactusThomas
AG
Tonny
epag
AG
txag72 said:

Quote:

I'm an old so I googled "College Station Social." It's a club at Northgate. As for "looking fly," if I remember correctly from my high school days, it means the guy was looking cool. Oh, and another thing, it's BCS, not Cstat. Now get off my lawn.
AnalogyAg
i may let him drive my Gran Torino
Ags2013
AG
TTM
EKG1996
AG
Tonny learned his lesson from his DWI arrest in 2016.
Method Man
He's pretty damn mature for a 28 year old.
t - cam
AG
txag72 said:

This guy has gone through hell to play basketball here and is one of about 3 players on the team that have kept their eye on the prize. He isn't the easiest guy to watch play some time, which means what he's done to get where he is is more about work and dedication than raw talent (like all the players who have been suspended have). You talk about future obscure players who were under-appreciated for the over-all situation he went through? He's it.

Great post. When your guys try their best to piss the season away it's important to appreciate the guys that are giving it everything for one more shot.
agfan1030
and what PH said.
johnnyblaze36
AG
epag said:

txag72 said:

Quote:

I'm an old so I googled "College Station Social." It's a club at Northgate. As for "looking fly," if I remember correctly from my high school days, it means the guy was looking cool. Oh, and another thing, it's BCS, not Cstat. Now get off my lawn.
It's actually The Station now. Get with the times, man.
Seven Costanza
AG
He's shooting 43% from 3 over the past ten games.
rlb28
AG
"It's actually The Station now."

You were close. #TheStation
jml2621
rlb28 said:

"It's actually The Station now."

You were close. #TheStation

I think we need a time out for a Station Identification.
Isaih Smollett
Quote:

Tonny learned his lesson from his DWI arrest in 2016.

He didn't do anything wrong except not speak English
CactusThomas
AG
And not have on his headlights at night.
CapCityAg89
AG
For whatever reason people are pissed Tonny wasn't an immediate AA. He's s good kid who contributed and took advantage of his opportunity. I wish that was enough.
gougler08
AG
People get pissed because he doesn't play like a big around the rim and struggled to finish layups for the first few months. He's been playing much better and within his role/skill set, so the pissed off threads/comments have come down drastically
OldAg68
AG
epag said:

txag72 said:

Quote:

Thanks for doing the research for me.
Aston04
AG
Trocha's game is frustrating at times---- but he has earned nothing but respect from us.
TempleAg97
AG
I have MUCH respect for Trocha. I wish some of these other knuckleheads would learn something from him.
HirschfeldAg
He's like the new David lebeau
bobinator
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

For whatever reason people are pissed Tonny wasn't an immediate AA. He's s good kid who contributed and took advantage of his opportunity. I wish that was enough.
I don't really get this narrative. Are there really a lot of anti-Trocha people?

Dude is a volatile player. Sometimes he's good, sometimes he's not, and in the heat of the game people might say stuff like "we need to get him out" because it's absolutely true at times. But that doesn't mean people don't appreciate the hard work he's put in.

I like Trocha just fine and respect the effort he's put in, but that doesn't mean I won't complain during a game when he isn't playing well.
wai3gotgoats
AG
Anybody know what happened during later part of the game Saturday to get Tony so rilled up? It looked like he was mauled under Kentucky's basket, and was late getting down to offensive end. Then i think he drilled a 3-pointer when he got there.

I really appreciated seeing Tony extra special "torqued" and still playing within himself, and exacting payback effectively.
TyperWoods
TTM was over hyped, and that's not his fault.

He's a good player.

I'd like to see a little more fight out of him, RW, and Davis tho.

Hogg too, but that's a different story.
CactusThomas
AG
BrandoC immediately comes to mind. He used to start an anti tonny thread every game. Of course they have been deleted along with 95 percent of the other threads that he's started on this board.
mazag08
AG
Trocha-Morelos has developed some pretty good face up post moves. His back to the basket game still leaves a lot to be desired, and he rebounds like he's 6'5. But anyone who isn't happy with his play and his role on the team is delirious. He's a great 3rd option post player on any team in the country. We are lucky to have him.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.