Caruso on ESPN right now vs the Thunder

1,722 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by EliteZags
johnnyblaze36
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just hit a three. I'd expect him to get a lot of minutes down the stretch here.
Republic Of TEXAgS
AG
Finished with his team's highest +/- at +3.
http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400975406
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to TEXAgS." - Davy Crockett
Coward Jimbo
AG
He might be the most underrated aggie basketball player of all time. Kid was a beast and did so much for this program.
Method Man
Elston Turner is the most underrated.
_lefraud_
AG
^
^
It's pretty common to go underrated when guys like Caruso and Turner play on bad teams or for bad coaches. Same could be said for a few of Melvin's players.
94chem
How good could Bernard King have been...scored 2000 points and is barely a footnote. Was the all-time leading scorer in the Big 12 until Collison passed him.
rwtxag83
AG
I tend to think had we had better coaching/better teams when Bernard King was here, his numbers would have been lower. I appreciate everything he did for our team, but his talent didn't shake out at the next level.
Greater love hath no man than this....
bobinator
AG
I think it's between Caruso and Sloan for most underrated. Both kind of for the same reason in that they made our whole team go for several seasons but seems like all people wanted to talk about is how they weren't playing their "true position."

Turner is underrated, but sort of understandably so since his teams sucked.
94chem
I'd go with David Edwards.
wheelz
AG
I loved David Edwards, another PG that could do everything but score. That's an aggie tradition.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
wheelz said:

I loved David Edwards, another PG that could do everything but score. That's an aggie tradition.
stats ?
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
94chem
David Edwards wasn't a great shooter, but he could score. Tony Barone even called him a scorer. He had 30 point games at A&M.

NYT article during his senior year

Averaged 14/7...and 5 rebounds (!!) per game over 3 seasons.

College stats
Know Your Enemy
AG
David Edwards was a walking SportsCenter Top 10 Plays of the Day kinda player. So much fun to watch.
94chem
It was an insult to Edwards if you set a ball screen. He was a one man press breaker, and anybody who pressured him in the half court got their ankles broken. Very similar style to Khalid El Amin, except that Edwards was a better player.

Khalid El-Amin
EliteZags
AG
Dominique Kirk, had limited greenlights on offense but had potential to be a 15ppg+ scorer given opportunity along with everything else he did masterfully
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.