Hire Stansbury

2,534 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Chef Demas 2020
TheMarksMen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think it's a good move if we "reassign" BK after this year. Thoughts?
DogCompany74
AG
Would he come back? I'm not sure what he was promised but it sure seems like he got the rug pulled out from underneath him and he was eager to move on.
Hell Bent Canine -All or None
BQ_90
AG
reassigning BK and hiring Stans are both bad ideas.

BK will get 4 million dollar parting gift.

We should be able to do better than Stansbury.
TheMarksMen
AG
I was wondering about that as well.... not sure either
Captn_Ag05
AG
Not saying I like the idea of hiring Stansbury, but nothing says sorry like a big bag full of money.
TheMarksMen
AG
Valid point, what do you think we would pay out next coach thoug? My first call would be billy Donovan but he was and is making 4 mil per year, would we pay that considering how many resources are tied up in football?
Serious Lee
is he going to cheat the way he did at MSU?

if so,then the answer is yes
bobinator
AG
Nah. I'm confident we could find someone better.
expresswrittenconsent
6 ncaa trips in 14 yrs at Miss St, never made the 2nd weekend. We can do better.
Aston04
AG
Hard to remember many situations where teams should have the asst and head coach just switch roles. This would be a prime example of where that might have worked.

If Rick was smart he would have got a definite timeframe to be head dog down on paper before signing here.
GrayMatter
AG
yep, I don't he's as good as you think he is
The conversations will be uncomfortable, but we all have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable for progress to be made.
BQ_90
AG
TheMarksMen said:

Valid point, what do you think we would pay out next coach thoug? My first call would be billy Donovan but he was and is making 4 mil per year, would we pay that considering how many resources are tied up in football?
money isn't the issue, it's will the AD line up the booster to pay the money. we discussed this on premium.

I'm not sure anyone really cares enough to fire BK or pony up the money for the buyout and new guy.

I think if we make the tourney, BK is back.
GoodAg Paulie
AG
Go look at Stansbury career. It's not that steller. He is way over hyped on this board. Hs not taking this program to the next level.
expresswrittenconsent
GoodAg Paulie said:

Go look at Stansbury career. It's not that steller. He is way over hyped on this board. Hs not taking this program to the next level.
he's 10x the coach Billy Kennedy is, but yeah, he would be the 7th or 8th best coach in the SEC (BK is 14th).
Aston04
AG
AggieBaller98 said:

yep, I don't he's as good as you think he is
I don't think he's great. I do think he's competent. Would have been a big upgrade
Mikeyshooter
AG
bobinator said:

Nah. I'm confident we could find someone better.

Do tell. Nothing that has happened in the last 6 years leads me to believe we are serious about hoops.
GE
AG
Hard pass
Method Man
Currently the next level is making the tourney more than once in seven years.
TopoTacos
AG
We need to go find an up and comer to steer the ship for the next decade or so. Before LSU grabbed him I was hoping we would try for a guy like Will Wade, really anyone but a cheating retread like Stansbury.
Would ja 91
AG
Kyle Keller at SFA is doing a heck of a job. Has been here before and worked under several big time coaches. His hire wouldn't bankrupt us and I think he would come here yesterday. I don't see us committing to the hire of a big name coach from a big name program.
DogCompany74
AG
Absolutely agree. He'd be a great fit two years from now when we finally move on BK. He at least would have a punchers chance of resurrecting recruiting.
Hell Bent Canine -All or None
bobinator
AG
This isn't meant as a hot take or to offend people that are friends with him or anything, but I think the jury is still very out on Keller as a head coach.
BQ_90
AG
I like Keller, but I think we can do better. Or find somebody with more of a established resume.
expresswrittenconsent
Let's wait until Keller gets to the s16 or wins an opening rd game and takes a bigger school to the wire in the rd of 32 before we grab him.
Topher17
AG
We can absolutely do better than Stansbury and definitely better than Keller. Both were valuable assistants for us, but I don't think either are worth giving our head job to. Keller inherited a program in really great shape, so I think it's hard to really tell how good of a job he's done.
MB19
AG
Randy Bennett at St. Mary's in California perhaps?
Jeff Patel
AG
Could Stansbury bring our 5 star recruit back with him if he comes ?
mikesyracuse1
Jeff Patel said:

Could Stansbury bring our 5 star recruit back with him if he comes ?

Since Robinson left the program twice and never played a game at wku, I'm guessing no!

Mikesyracuse1
Rock1982
AG
No
Chef Demas 2020
AG
Basketball can be a huge money maker - aim big. Let's go after Billy Donovan
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.