Old here remembering early BCG days

2,545 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Beat40
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Junkhead said:

PatAg said:

Since the topic of this thread has changed, if you are not able to understand the sentence because of improper you're/your, then I feel sorry for you. If you are able to, but decide to point it out, you're just a dick, right?

Don't you mean "your just a dick"?
I considered it, haha. Also I don't think YOU are one, just that generally people are being one when their only response in a discussion is grammar/spelling.
Method Man
True but sec.
GrayMatter
AG
PatAg said:

Since the topic of this thread has changed, if you are not able to understand the sentence because of improper you're/your, then I feel sorry for you. If you are able to, but decide to point it out, you're just a dick, right?
nah man, it makes perfect sense.

OP is nitpicking and talking about discipline and doesn't even put in the right "your/you're".

That's pretty genius actually!
The conversations will be uncomfortable, but we all have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable for progress to be made.
Chuck Gay
AG
BCG was a great coach. No doubt. One of the best in the country during those years. And his 3 years was the greatest period of Texas A&M basketball in our history in my opinion - rising from Melvin's 0-16 to the NIT in year 1 to a NCAA tourney win in year 2 to the Sweet 16 in his final year. He was so good Kentucky hired him away. I really wish him well with the kidney problem he is facing now.
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

can't remember the game, but I can remember BCG benching the entire starting lineup couple minutes into a game because of effort.

Think it was against tech.

Against OU.

I remember panicking, because we needed that game, and they were slowly increasing their lead with our guys on the bench.

But when he put them back in, they played with fire.
Beat40
gopitt said:

With BCG this team would be in first place in the SEC.
His biggest problem would be how to utilize all the talent at his disposal.
I'm not so sure. He had top tier talent at a blue blood school - and they lost. He lasted 2 seasons and they were unranked.

My point is I'm not sure his style would have translated to these top tier guys who have been practically catered to their entire life. Been a decently easy road for them.

If he couldn't do it at Kentucky, what's to say he could have done it here at A&M?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.