Old here remembering early BCG days

2,573 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Beat40
Our-turn-to-rule
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Miss a free throw- your out of the game
Turn it over - your out
Your guy gets layup - see ya

Discipline. Very different mentality.
GE
AG
Gilder would be playing 1 on 5.
bobinator
AG
Our-turn-to-rule said:

It wasn't quite THAT intense.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Your vs You're

You're welcome.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
Junkhead said:

Your vs You're

You're welcome.

-1- ... on phone grammar nazi Richard head
gopitt
With BCG this team would be in first place in the SEC.
His biggest problem would be how to utilize all the talent at his disposal.
Mikeyshooter
AG
The team would be a hell of lot more mentally tough.
Double Diamond
Miss pressure defense not passive.
umadbro44
AG
Current Status:
Miss a free throw- Kennedy with a blank stare and hand on his hip
Turn it over- Kennedy with a blank stare and hand on his hip
Your guy gets a layup- Kennedy with a blank stare and hand on his hip
Know Your Enemy
AG
Our-turn-to-rule said:

Junkhead said:

Your vs You're

You're welcome.

So the phone makes you dumber?
BQ_90
AG
can't remember the game, but I can remember BCG benching the entire starting lineup couple minutes into a game because of effort.

Think it was against tech.
wxguy95
AG
Our-turn-to-rule said:

Turn it over - your out

I'll have to differ with you.

I don't remember BCG pulling Law after he blew the layup that cost us the Memphis game in the tournament. Or the revolving door that would have ensued from pulling players that missed free throws - we were pretty pedestrian concerning FT% our sweet sixteen year.

BK deserves criticism, but let's not make BGC as some incredible but unyielding coach that wouldn't live with the things you listed above. BGC had his share of ugly basketball play.

We are losing now because we are 229th in 3-pt %. Davis and Williams can't play 2 on 5 in the paint and us have any hope of going anywhere.

*Any* outside shot consistency will make us look elite-8ish again.
rlb28
AG
seems like the only one who that applies to is Starks.
agracer
AG
wxguy95 said:

Our-turn-to-rule said:

Turn it over - your out

I don't remember BCG pulling Law after he blew the layup that cost us the Memphis game in the tournament. Or the revolving door that would have ensued from pulling players that missed free throws - we were pretty pedestrian concerning FT% our sweet sixteen year.

BK deserves criticism, but let's not make BGC as some incredible but unyielding coach that wouldn't live with the things you listed above. BGC had his share of ugly basketball play.

We are losing now because we are 229th in 3-pt %. Davis and Williams can't play 2 on 5 in the paint and us have any hope of going anywhere.

Really don't understand why Law is the only memory of this...J.Jones missed a layup like 60s before Law did.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
wxguy95 said:

Our-turn-to-rule said:

Turn it over - your out

Once he installed "his way" he was a little more lenient. If you don't remember then you were not at Reed early in his tenure
GoodAg Paulie
AG
bobinator said:

Our-turn-to-rule said:

OP also walked to school up hill in the snow....both ways. Would love to hear his fishing stories.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
Junkhead said:

Our-turn-to-rule said:

Junkhead said:

Your vs You're

You're welcome.

People like you make everyone around them dumber
Know Your Enemy
AG
Our-turn-to-rule said:

Junkhead said:

Our-turn-to-rule said:

Junkhead said:

Your vs You're

You're welcome.

People like you make everyone around them dumber

Actually I make people smarter. Or at least I attempt to do so. I'm not a miracle worker.
PatAg
AG
Since the topic of this thread has changed, if you are not able to understand the sentence because of improper you're/your, then I feel sorry for you. If you are able to, but decide to point it out, you're just a dick, right?
rangerdanger
AG
I bet you BCG would work those guys so hard at practice that they wouldn't have the lung strength to suck in a hit from a joint.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
GoodAg Paulie said:

bobinator said:

Our-turn-to-rule said:

OP also walked to school up hill in the snow....both ways. Would love to hear his fishing stories.

Awwwww, defender of the status quo can't handle the truth
Know Your Enemy
AG
PatAg said:

Since the topic of this thread has changed, if you are not able to understand the sentence because of improper you're/your, then I feel sorry for you. If you are able to, but decide to point it out, you're just a dick, right?

Don't you mean "your just a dick"?
schmendeler
AG
man i wish he had stuck around. no reason to expect him to turn down kentucky, but we both would have been so much better off.
expresswrittenconsent
schmendeler said:

man i wish he had stuck around. no reason to expect him to turn down kentucky, but we both would have been so much better off.

If we are being honest, the evidence (his poor recruiting here at the end, his mediocre results at Kentucky, and his complete failure at a similar program to us in TTU) is that he would have probably flamed out within 5-7 yrs.
bigdog1
That is funny I don't care who you are
Mikeyshooter
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

schmendeler said:

If we are being honest, the evidence (his poor recruiting here at the end, his mediocre results at Kentucky, and his complete failure at a similar program to us in TTU) is that he would have probably flamed out within 5-7 yrs.

Just curious what is considered poor recruiting. His last class consisted of Jordan, Walkup, and BJ Holmes. Class before that was Davis, Sloan, and Roland.
expresswrittenconsent
Slayed Wash'em
Steve Chain Gang
_lefraud_
AG

Slayed Wash'em
Steve Chain Gang

Weishuhn was taken to complete a roster in year 1
Tchiengang was a decent player on some good Vandy teams.
Double Diamond
Who cares about recruiting. What's that done for Billy Kennedy? And I love how people say Gillispie failed at Kentucky. Was SEC coach of the year the first year and won like 20 something games year two. Gillispie wasn't fired for not winning. Gillispie was fired because he was too hard on players.
GoodAg Paulie
AG
Our-turn-to-rule said:

GoodAg Paulie said:

bobinator said:

Our-turn-to-rule said:

Awwwww, defender of the status quo can't handle the truth

No, it's simply exaggerated like so many things posted here
TXAggie2011
AG
Double Diamond said:

Who cares about recruiting. What's that done for Billy Kennedy? And I love how people say Gillispie failed at Kentucky. Was SEC coach of the year the first year and won like 20 something games year two. Gillispie wasn't fired for not winning. Gillispie was fired because he was too hard on players.

Yeah, okay...

He did win 22 games in year 2...on their way to the NIT quarterfinals.

Kentucky likely would have been more tolerant of a tough coach having some growing pains with players if they didn't have one of their worst seasons in decades.
Aggie
AG

schmendeler said:

Yeah gonna go ahead and 100% disagree with that.
Just because of what happened at Kentucky and Tech is not indicitive of what could of been if he stayed here
TXAggie2011
AG
It seems to me unlikely Gillispie would have held up long term anywhere. He has various demons and they've flared up in 3 different places ranging from the pressure cooker of Kentucky down to Ranger Junior College.

I think we ought to be happy of the successs we had together with him and worry less about "what if."
AggieTFA06
AG
I am a Billy Kennedy critic, but BCG has just as many NCAA trips as a coach in the SEC as Kennedy. However, I still think BCG is far better as a coach than Kennedy.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
_lefraud_
AG
AggieTFA06 said:

I am a Billy Kennedy critic, but BCG has just as many NCAA trips as a coach in the SEC as Kennedy. However, I still think BCG is far better as a coach than Kennedy.

Bcg - 4 trips in 8 years
Kennedy - 3 trips in 19 years
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.