What would our record be if injuries/suspensions never happened?

1,448 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Padre_Island_Ag
txag72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're going into conference 10-1, everyone is healthy and if they are smoking something, no one knows. What is our record right now. I say 4-2. If so, we're only 2 games behind what we would have been. More favorable schedule now. Get back in form and win a few on the road. Finish in the top 4 or 5, make the tourney, anybody's ball game now.
GE
AG
If Alex Caruso and Danuel House each had two more years of eligibility we would be undefeated.
miller0926
AG
If we're talking the same fully healthy team that showed up these last 4 halves, honestly 2-4 with the other win over LSU.
txag72
AG
Quote:

If Alex Caruso and Danuel House each had two more years of eligibility we would be undefeated.
The point is that the sky has not fallen, that we are what we are NOW. So what are we now? We may be fully healthy (although Wilson looked like he came back a game early last Saturday), but we haven't been playing or practicing together as a team like most of our competition has for the past 3 weeks.
expresswrittenconsent
CypressAg09
AG
If the suspensions, knee injuries, illnesses, etc had never happened, I think we would be 4-2.
cevans_40
AG
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts....
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

we are what we are NOW. So what are we now?

What we are is 1-5 in the SEC and 12-6 overall and we won't get to re-play any of our losses.

The team needs to coalesce quick; it has enough talent it ought to be able to overcome some adversity but they sure didn't play inspiring basketball today.
Aggie_Jeff
The old if game and considering we were a whisker away from 0-6 in conference play then I'd say 3-3.

People, this team is just not that good. They're not 1-5 bad but they're not 4-2 good either.
mazzag
AG
We have @lsu, Kentucky and bama at home.
_lefraud_
AG
If Germany doesn't invade Poland, do we ever land on the moon?
TXAggie2011
AG
mazzag said:

We have @lsu, Kentucky and bama at home.
And even if we win those games our losses to them will still count.
85AustinAg
AG
Who cares... BK's teams tend to look for adversity that needs to be overcome. If it wasn't injuries and suspensions it would be transfers and grumbling about PT.
Aggie
AG
I never understand these "what if " threads
bobinator
AG
If, at the end of the season, we look like a top 20 team and close on a tear, then I think it could be worth talking about because it could affect our NCAA seedings.

But until that happens, which seems pretty unlikely, yeah, it doesn't really matter.
EXCELL
Lost 2 out those 5 games, maybe more. Run a zone D against us and we are lost with absolutely zero help from the head coach who is probably more lost than the players. We still run a mindless offensive scheme that is largely unrecognizable and mind boggling in its waste of talent. Still have major issues with fundamentals including blocking out, body screens and general movement (dribbling straight to the sideline into a press). No smarts coming from the bench and most certainly no energy.

It's purely speculative. Look at BK's mid-season dive in past years. There IS a history. The legend continues and there are so many that keep looking for some kind of excuse.

WestHillsAg
AG
If my aunt had nuts.......
Double Diamond
Are what they are. Coaches have to figure out a way. Good ones do.
AggieBaseball06
AG
If we had a competent coach...
Double Diamond
I can't look at or count suspensions. That's a self inflicted wound. Injury's aren't and can be taken into account. However, I'd be shocked if a slide didn't happen. It's pretty normal thing with this coach.
hoya-ag
AG
Aggie_Jeff said:

The old if game and considering we were a whisker away from 0-6 in conference play
To be fair, we are also a whisker away from being 3-3 using your logic.
caleblyn
We still lose to Bama and FL. They were on fire. We would have beaten LSU by 10+ with only Gilder back. KY would have been a W. TN a loss.

3-3
mhayden
hoya-ag said:

Aggie_Jeff said:

The old if game and considering we were a whisker away from 0-6 in conference play
To be fair, we are also a whisker away from being 3-3 using your logic.

That would be 3 whiskers.
rwtxag83
AG
6 and 0 baby
Greater love hath no man than this....
Leander - Ag
AG
3-3
txag72
AG
Quote:

I never understand these "what if " threads
Reading comprehension is a ***** for some. This isn't a what if thread, it's a a what now thread, with the caveat that we probably aren't that much worse at this point than if all the crap had never happened.
Mike Elko
AG
Still 1-5. We barely beat Ole Piss at home with essentially a full squad.
Padre_Island_Ag
AG
Let's go Brandon!

Soli Deo Gloria
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.