Atrocious

4,309 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GE
cords12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Defense and Free throw shooting is absolutely terrible. Ole Miss had way too many uncontested shots and wide open layups... one big reason is Hogg is out there sucking wind and looks out of shape! We should have lost tonight, but got lucky... The underachievement of this very talented team is mind blowing!
CypressAg09
AG
There's no reason a group of players good enough to play college basketball should be as bad at shooting free throws as we are. It makes no sense.
GE
AG
Bad win better than a good loss
Strike One
Just as obviously, yet another team out shoots the Ags from all over the Court making jump shot after jump shot whenever the guard didn't just decide to blow by to the basket for an easy lay-up. At least Robert Williams woke up from his long slumber in the last 3-4 minutes of the game and played hard, blocking a few key shots while Davis was trying hard, if not real effectively. The rest of the team just looks like a less than average Division 1 team overall and athletically. Coaching is not evident as our team played its way to a well deserved loss but were spared by divine intervention on that last shot.
Ags2013
AG
GE said:

Yup
MallalieuAg
AG
Ags2013 said:

GE said:

Yup

Oh brother.
t - cam
AG
cords12 said:

Defense and Free throw shooting is absolutely terrible. Ole Miss had way too many uncontested shots and wide open layups... one big reason is Hogg is out there sucking wind and looks out of shape! We should have lost tonight, but got lucky... The underachievement of this very talented team is mind blowing!

We looked better than them all night. Not sure how that translates to should have lost.
CapCityAg89
AG
Strike One said:

Just as obviously, yet another team out shoots the Ags from all over the Court making jump shot after jump shot whenever the guard didn't just decide to blow by to the basket for an easy lay-up. At least Robert Williams woke up from his long slumber in the last 3-4 minutes of the game and played hard, blocking a few key shots while Davis was trying hard, if not real effectively. The rest of the team just looks like a less than average Division 1 team overall and athletically. Coaching is not evident as our team played its way to a well deserved loss but were spared by divine intervention on that last shot.

Not true. We outshot them 29-27 (.509-.458)
Aggie_Jeff
They won but I'm still worried as hell because we played a home game that we desperately needed to win and came way too close to losing. I mean way too close. I hope this team doesn't believe the hype of their talent and relax and lose to Missouri.
TMartin
Hogg and TTM on the floor at the same time is just too much of a defensive liability in my opinion. It's especially true when neither of these guys is getting clean looks on offense because they can't create their own shots.
Gil Renard
AG
GE said:

Unless you're in Austin where moral victories count as wins
85AustinAg
AG
They outhustled us all night and got most of the 50/50 balls.
GE
AG
Aggie_Jeff said:

They won but I'm still worried as hell because we played a home game that we desperately needed to win and came way too close to losing. I mean way too close. I hope this team doesn't believe the hype of their talent and relax and lose to Missouri.
Hopefully there is no taking it easy or overlooking teams from this point forward. Team still looked like a shell of its former self. Need to get back to playing the defense that was played in the first 10 games
GE
AG
85AustinAg said:

They outhustled us all night and got most of the 50/50 balls.
The ball also just bounced in their direction A LOT. We had a couple fortunate breaks too but not nearly as many as they did.
Method Man
Now this thread has it all.
OldAg68
AG
Their bench out scored us 25-10. Not much help.
Mike Elko
AG
cords12 said:

The underachievement of this very talented team is mind blowing!
Maybe they're not as talented as we've given them credit for. Sure, there are some good players here and there, but overall I think the hype machine placed the majority of players on a pedestal they're not worthy of. Hence, the results.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
Our guys do a lot of watching not actively helping on D or when we have the ball
85AustinAg
AG
Disagree. You create opportunities through hustle and effort. Look at the 50/50 balls. Take a look at rebounding stats. Ole Miss totally outplayed us but we got lucky and out talented them in the end.
EXCELL
Using a defensive scheme that rotates Davis to the 3 pt line is beyond crazy. And we've been doing it all year.

Gee ... wonder why our rebound numbers aren't better. And our illustrious coach can't see it or can't figure out a different scheme.
cords12
t - cam said:

cords12 said:

We looked better than them all night. Not sure how that translates to should have lost.

Are you serious? Did you not see the last shot they took that was a miracle that it rattled out??? FYI, That would have won the game. My point being, on a neutral court Ole Miss wins that game easily
GE
AG
cords12 said:

t - cam said:

cords12 said:

Are you serious? Did you not see the last shot they took that was a miracle that it rattled out??? FYI, That would have won the game. My point being, on a neutral court Ole Miss wins that game easily
If this is your stance then on a neutral court A&M beats Kentucky easily.
PatAg
AG
What about all the open 3s we had that barely missed. That's a pretty stupid argument
cords12
Actually, we should have beat Kentucky on the road, but the no call of holding Davis at the end of the game was horrendous! We actually outplayed and outhustled UK that night. Last night, we got outplayed and outhustled, but we were fortunate to come out with the win!
moag94
I am just curious as to why Hogg has appeared so out of shape. He wasn't hurt. If anything, he should have had extra time for conditioning. Our freshman class is good, but not ready. We lose that game if we don't squeeze their minutes. They should all be seeing spot duty at this point.....
Serious Lee
EXCELL said:

Using a defensive scheme that rotates Davis to the 3 pt line is beyond crazy. And we've been doing it all year.

Gee ... wonder why our rebound numbers aren't better. And our illustrious coach can't see it or can't figure out a different scheme.
im not going to pretend to know a whole lot of X's and O's, but when robert williams spends more time hedging on defense than guarding the paint, its a safe bet you are getting out schemed.
GE
AG
moag94 said:

I am just curious as to why Hogg has appeared so out of shape. He wasn't hurt. If anything, he should have had extra time for conditioning. Our freshman class is good, but not ready. We lose that game if we don't squeeze their minutes. They should all be seeing spot duty at this point.....
He was injured pretty much the entire off-season. Takes a while to come back from that and be in top form.
bigdog1
cedar
Our coach is clueless.
MidTnAg
AG
I believe that by the Missouri game, everyone will be healthy and available. Since Missouri is a much better team than Mississippi, we should get a better idea of what the true status of our team will be for the rest of the season.
mikesyracuse1
EXCELL said:

We've been doing it with the five man for a few years. That guy almost always hedges out to the top and delays and then sprints back to the paint with their hands in the air. I've never been a fan of this and I believe it hurts the team defense a lot more than helping. You'll also see teams make the extra pass when we do this because help came to the paint leaving a corner 3 wide open.

Mikesyracuse1
rwtxag83
AG
cords12 said:

BAS
Greater love hath no man than this....
Maroon Dawn
AG
rwtxag83 said:

cords12 said:

BAS

Please explain what was incorrect in this analysis.

It is it BAS to point out the truth about this team?
JMJLAW
AG
You me and most others with a pulse are driven crazy by this.

$2mm coach? Of course not.
fightinag
GE said:

kinda the mantra of Aggie Sports........no wonder we are perenial Also Rans an all sports
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.