TJ Starks

5,202 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Hop
paddyv71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not playing tonight - any reason?
WestHillsAg
AG
Too aggressive on offense ?
Aston04
AG
Freshman with the most upside. Expect him to transfer. if several Juniors/soph leave, we are screwed.
Method Man
Transferring
Double Diamond
Pretty clear what's taking place.
Double Diamond
Man this roster could be bleak next year.
Deputy Travis Junior
Is he actually transferring or is that just speculation?
DeangeloVickers
AG
He will lead TCU to a sweet 16 in two years
tehmackdaddy
AG
He's consistently played better than Caldwell.
GE
AG
Double Diamond said:

Man this roster could be bleak next year.
At guard? Explain yourself.
GE
AG
tehmackdaddy said:

Evidence?
Aggie1205
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

Is he actually transferring or is that just speculation?

Speculation.
Deputy Travis Junior
tehmackdaddy said:

On defense, yes, but so far this year Starks has been a big negative on offense.
CypressAg09
AG
Does no one remember the stats posted last time this came up? He shoots a ridiculous amount of shots for the number of minutes he plays at a very low make percentage. He has a lot of potential but needs to play a little more unselfish.
Captn_Ag05
AG
He retweeted Aggie basketball tweets before the game which I would take as a positive sign.
GE
AG
I love Starks. Need to keep him involved because he is the future of this team.
tehmackdaddy
AG

tehmackdaddy said:

On defense, yes, but so far this year Starks has been a big negative on offense.
He goes to the rim to finish, isn't afraid to take shots, and doesn't mix up a college court with Rucker Park when dribbling and making passes. I take Starks over Caldwell every time.
mgmgrand
AG
Did he dress out? Not sure I saw him on the bench
aggietony2010
AG
tehmackdaddy said:

tehmackdaddy said:

He goes to the rim to finish, isn't afraid to take shots, and doesn't mix up a college court with Rucker Park when dribbling and making passes. I take Starks over Caldwell every time.

Instead he gets it mixed up with Rucker Park when he shoots. He likes to come in and take fadeaway 18 footers, probably the worst shot you can take.
jml2621
CypressAg09 said:

Does no one remember the stats posted last time this came up? He shoots a ridiculous amount of shots for the number of minutes he plays at a very low make percentage. He has a lot of potential but needs to play a little more unselfish.

Particularly problematic when playing the PG. Starks has adjustments to make progress. BK likes Chandler as he has greater length and higher 3FG%.
Deputy Travis Junior
He's shooting 25% from 3 and 31% overall. He's dishing 1 assist. The only word to describe those numbers is "terrible."

It's great that he gets to the rim on occasion, but that's far outweighed by the many stupid shots he takes and misses.
TopoTacos
AG
It's like no one remembers the USC game... yes he's shooting poorly but he's an actual scoring threat, unlike Caldwell, and he's got enough size and effort to do anything on the defensive side of the ball.
jml2621

He's shooting 25% from 3 and 31% overall. He's dishing 1 assist. The only word to describe those numbers is "terrible."

It's great that he gets to the rim on occasion, but that's far outweighed by the many stupid shots he takes and misses.

Yep. A high usage player that is missing shots and not distributing as the playmaker is an offense killer.

Starks has to adjust...not that our offense for the middle of the 2nd half was a thing of beauty...
JRB78
AG
Starks certainly hasn't forgotten that game. Ever since then, he never met a shot he didn't like.
mikesyracuse1
mgmgrand said:

Did he dress out? Not sure I saw him on the bench

Yes. Started sitting next to the coach in one of the two seats next to the scorers table. Finished sitting the bench on the opposite side about half way down.

Mikesyracuse1
GE
AG
Do you think he's at risk of transferring? Sure looks that way to me.
Ulrich
Doesn't matter how talented Starks is if he plays dumb. Every time Kennedy puts him in he immediately jacks up a terrible, stupid shot and gets yanked. Kid's got a hard head, and now that BK has more options he doesn't have to put up with it.
damoo80
Yes he was on the bench in uniform. Great upside but needs to play as a team. He is always going one on one.
TjgtAg08
AG
He is the worst shooter on the team and takes the most shots per minutes played. The fact that his shooting percentage is still below 30% WITH the USC game when he went off is all you need to know.

I think we need Starks for what he could be, but not what he is. And I'm 100% off the BK train, but everyone on here wants Starks to play off 1 game 2+ months ago.

And, if everyone gets their wish and BK gets the axe, Starks gets new life with a new coach.
mgmgrand
AG
thanks mike. Can't ever tell the difference between him and Byers on TV
Know Your Enemy
AG
e.busche said:

It's like no one remembers the USC game... yes he's shooting poorly but he's an actual scoring threat, unlike Caldwell, and he's got enough size and effort to do anything on the defensive side of the ball.

Remember that one game months ago where he was great? Yeah, that was awesome.
Deputy Travis Junior
Helping us win 1 and then lose 5 is not an acceptable trade.
Know Your Enemy
AG
For the record all five starters played 30+ minutes so no one on the bench played a lot. I think Trocha played about 10 and no other bench player was in double digits. And only 4 bench players played tonight.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Junkhead said:

For the record all five starters played 30+ minutes so no one on the bench played a lot. I think Trocha played about 10 and no other bench player was in double digits. And only 4 bench players played tonight.
And why is that? I thought this was the deepest team in school history. Starks should definitely be getting minutes and I'll be shocked if he returns.
GE
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Junkhead said:

And why is that? I thought this was the deepest team in school history. Starks should definitely be getting minutes and I'll be shocked if he returns.
Who would you have benched in favor of him?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.