Run the table on 7 home SEC games

1,720 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by txag72
brockdgag86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think we are capable of winning the rest of our SEC home games and then win 2-3 road games rest of the way. Daunting at 0-4 but a healthy team can do it.
Brockdgag86
Mike Elko
AG
GE
AG
Do we even play anybody good at Reed the rest of the way?
bobinator
AG
Arkansas and Kentucky. I don't think running the table at home is far fetched at all.
HoustonAg2106
AG
GE said:

Kentucky and Alabama...Arkansas is pretty good too
wacarnolds
AG
Computer numbers (which undervalue us at the moment due to injuries/suspensions) give us a 1-in-8 chance of a 7-0 finish at home
wacarnolds
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

GE said:

Probably overstating it a little bit by calling Alabama "good" at this point. Great point guard, but I'd say they're more above average with decent potential in a single game setting. 0-3 on the road this year with losses at Arizona, Vandy and Georgia (by 19) this past weekend. Kenpom has them finishing under .500 in conference.

Arkansas is their typical lousy selves on the road. 0-3 with a blowout loss at Houston and double digit loss at Auburn yesterday.

Missouri is 2-1 on the road this season, with wins at UCF and South Carolina. That's a game to be weary of if we aren't out of our funk by the 20th.
bobinator
AG
If we lose to Missouri at home then we're pretty close to "burn it all down" status.
HoustonAg2106
AG
wacarnolds said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

GE said:

Probably overstating it a little bit by calling Alabama "good" at this point. Great point guard, but I'd say they're more above average with decent potential in a single game setting. 0-3 on the road this year with losses at Arizona, Vandy and Georgia (by 19) this past weekend. Kenpom has them finishing under .500 in conference.

Arkansas is their typical lousy selves on the road. 0-3 with a blowout loss at Houston and double digit loss at Auburn yesterday.

Missouri is 2-1 on the road this season, with wins at UCF and South Carolina. That's a game to be weary of if we aren't out of our funk by the 20th.
I mentioned Alabama because they have already beaten us by 22.

I mentioned Kentucky for obvious reasons.

And I mentioned Arkansas because they are at least good enough to be favored by 9 over LSU tonight

My point is to act like any game is a gimme after starting out 0-4 is silly.

7-0 at home the rest of the way is certainly possible, but it's not very likely.
wacarnolds
AG
Quote:

who is doing that?
HoustonAg2106
AG
wacarnolds said:

Quote:

who is doing that?
I guess no one, but it comes across that way when people are suggesting that we could go 7-0 at home because we don't play anyone good the rest of the way.

This league is tougher than usual this year and getting to 9-9 after having the worse start of anyone else in the conference is going to be way more difficult than some on here are suggesting.
wacarnolds
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

wacarnolds said:

Quote:

who is doing that?
I guess no one, but it comes across that way when people are suggesting that we could go 7-0 at home because we don't play anyone good the rest of the way.

This league is tougher than usual this year and getting to 9-9 after having the worse start of anyone else in the conference is going to be way more difficult than some on here are suggesting.
no offense, but you seem to be the one in this thread most out of touch with reality. i don't see anyone that has suggested/acted like:
1. any game is a gimme
2. we don't play anyone good the rest of the way
3. finishing 9-9 won't be difficult

but thanks for clarifying that none of those are true, in case someone else planned to post any of those thoughts
HoustonAg2106
AG
wacarnolds said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

wacarnolds said:

Quote:

who is doing that?

no offense, but you seem to be the one in this thread most out of touch with reality. i don't see anyone that has suggested/acted like:
1. any game is a gimme
2. we don't play anyone good the rest of the way
3. finishing 9-9 won't be difficult

but thanks for clarifying that none of those are true, in case someone else planned to post any of those thoughts

I'm probably referring to other threads that I have seen throughout the day/week, but I was mainly responding to the question "do we even play any one good at Reed the rest of the way?"

None taken by the way
wacarnolds
AG
1-0.

It was by an inch vs the worst of the 7 remaining home games, but it's still 1-0.
GoodAg Paulie
AG
wacarnolds said:

1-0.

It was by an inch vs the worst of the 7 remaining home games, but it's still 1-0.

So what does that say about Florida who lost by 6 to Ole Miss last week? Bet M white would have been estatic for a ball rimming out for a W.
wacarnolds
AG
GoodAg Paulie said:

So what does that say about Florida who lost by 6 to Ole Miss last week? Bet M white would have been estatic for a ball rimming out for a W.

I don't think it says anything about Florida
Gap
AG
Remaining home schedule with RPI as of 1/17/2018:

33 Missouri
26 Arkansas
47 South Carolina
12 Kentucky
75 Mississippi St.
27 Alabama

The SEC is a lot better this year than in the past. Only one team outside the top 50 remaining at home.
GoodAg Paulie
AG
wacarnolds said:

GoodAg Paulie said:

What would it say about us if we had lost by 6 to one of the "worst teams on our home schedule"? Nothing, the same as Florida? You make it sound like it was a pedestrian win when Ole Miss has shown they can come to play lately.
Electric
AG
I will wait until we win 2 in a row before thinking of any kind of streak or winning out at home. If we beat Missouri that will definitely be a start.
wacarnolds
AG
GoodAg Paulie said:

wacarnolds said:

GoodAg Paulie said:

What would it say about us if we had lost by 6 to one of the "worst teams on our home schedule"? Nothing, the same as Florida? You make it sound like it was a pedestrian win when Ole Miss has shown they can come to play lately.

Since you seemed to be obsessed with Florida, I'll point out that Florida lost to Ole Miss at Ole Miss.

Ole Miss' previous road games
19 pt loss at Middle Tennessee
11 pt loss at Georgia
15 pt loss at Auburn

Those all seem more worthy of bringing up in this thread. And I would say those results make our 2 pt win vs OM seem much more pedestrian.
GoodAg Paulie
AG
What I'm trying to point out is that the SEC is strong this year and to think we will be blowing the supposed lesser teams out every time may not be realistic. Florida vs Ole Miss is a perfect example. Even Vandy is playing teams tough in stretches. There won't be many games this year where walking away with a 2 point win should be considered a pedestrian win. Even good teams with good coaches are getting beat by lesser teams.
wacarnolds
AG
GoodAg Paulie said:

What I'm trying to point out is that the SEC is strong this year and to think we will be blowing the supposed lesser teams out every time may not be realistic.
Auburn, Georgia and Middle Tenn St all blew out Ole Miss at home. Why is it unrealistic that we do the same?
txag72
AG
Play like we did in the future like we did coming out of the gate and we don't lose but a couple......anywhere.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.