We need this speech, a Bobby Knight classic

2,525 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TMartin
mncag
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I'm willing to give the team this speech of our coach
GE
AG
I wonder when the last time is that BK said "****in'" in front of a player.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Bobby Knight was a great coach but it wasn't because of rants like this.
Bryank89
Got me fired up! Put me in coach!
mncag
My favorite part is him not wanting to lose to Purdue
papadoc
AG
The team needs to give that speech to our dumbass coach
jml2621
Junkhead said:

"I'm tired of losing to ***** Purdue!"

I enjoyed that,
jml2621
mncag said:

My favorite part is him not wanting to lose to Purdue
haha You beat me to that.
Know Your Enemy
AG
jml2621 said:

Junkhead said:

I enjoyed that,

I enjoyed it too but that's not what made him a HOF coach. To believe that is an insult to his basketball IQ.
mikesyracuse1
The old bobby knight secretly recorded tirade from 1991. A classic!

Mikesyracuse1
Stone44
AG
We can't do things like this in today's world. We must build up their self esteem and make them proud of their efforts. We put them in timeout for a few minutes-that always does the trick. Don't worry cause BK knows what to do.
Prexys Moon
AG

this one is more applicable to Aggie basketball.

BoilerTom90
jml2621 said:

Junkhead said:

I enjoyed that,
Me too, since I'm a Purdue grad and I was at Purdue when Purdue was beating IU on a regular basis (my son goes to A&M)
South Platte
Prexys Moon said:

this one is more applicable to Aggie basketball.

I've loved this one for years. It doesn't get nearly the attention that it deserves.
mncag
All of the meltdowns are awesome to watch I would love to see the people working on that show when that happened
mncag
If you were working that show how could you not throw more gasoline on that fire just to see what would happen
Deputy Travis Junior
Reminds me of Augie and Mr Mackey

Nino Brown
My high school coach talked like that. Our tallest guy was 6'5 and we finished 27-6.
Aggie
AG
Gonads23 said:

We can't do things like this in today's world. We must build up their self esteem and make them proud of their efforts. We put them in timeout for a few minutes-that always does the trick. Don't worry cause BK knows what to do.

Unfortunately this is true.
In today's soft snowflake society , if this happened, coach would get fired or at least reprimanded.
Today is about putting your arm around players and telling them " hey keep giving your best.. The sun will come out tomorrow"
Pretty sad IMO
Aggie
AG

Lamar would win 6 straight games including the conference tourney to advance to NCAA tournament after this press conference
AnalogyAg
had to rewind it a few times, but i swear i think he dropped an F bomb at about the 30 second mark.
Third Son
AG
This is an acceptable speech. B+

It was very frustrating to watch tonight's game after watching West Virginia vs Kansas, and Duke vs Miami recently. The difference in effort and intensity, speed of play, team defense, pep in the step, emotion, valuing each possession, knowing what to do, etc is huge between those teams and the Aggies.
TXAggie2011
AG
Junkhead is right.

Bob Knight's ability to use the F Bomb 30 times in one minute is not what made him a great coach or made Indiana win all those games.
jml2621
BoilerTom90 said:

jml2621 said:

Junkhead said:

I enjoyed that,
Me too, since I'm a Purdue grad and I was at Purdue when Purdue was beating IU on a regular basis (my son goes to A&M)

Purdue could really get in the craw of opponents with their gritty style. They upset A&M in 2010, preventing a date with Duke in the Regional semis in Houston, and that was after Hummel was injured. Purdue upset Duke in 1980 to advance to the Final Four, after the Blue Devils had prevailed over Kentucky in Rupp. there was a short turnaround, and Joe Barry Carroll threw Mike Gminski around like a rag doll. Duke actually upset Keady and Purdue in the NIT the following year, after Gene Banks had shattered his wrist while being undercut by his own center.

I don't remember why coach Lee Rose left for South Florida - seems inexplicable now, maybe family...but the Boilermakers thrived under Gene Keady making 17 NCAATs and 6 time Big 10 champs... Keady was a real grinder, and the always team played physical and confident. Keady still can't believe he lost to LSU in 1986, when Dale Brown with John "hot plate" Williams, and undersized center in Ricky Blanton made the Final Four. They were way up on Louisville in the first half of the national semis before crashing and burning. Duke also collapsed/choked in the finals when Jay Bilas couldn't handle Pervis Ellison.

TMartin
The SEC stated several years ago the league wanted to change the landscape of conference basketball. Kentucky is still Kentucky but most of the rest of the league has brought in fiery new coaches who demand more of the players. Stansbury used to be that guy at A&M.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.