***Recruiting Thread 2018***

70,718 Views | 301 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Aston04
LawHall88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Goose
AG
Looks like Timme is waiting until the Nov 14 early signing period to announce.
tehmackdaddy
AG
How likely are our three commits to sign in the early signing period?
LawHall88
AG
Hop
Staff
AG
Sounds like Timme will not take his fifth official visit to Arizona. He's done with visits and will make his decision public on November 14 at 8:00 am during his signing ceremony at the school.
rlb28
AG
After Sunday's ESPN report it isn't surprising that Timme isn't going to Arizona
Goose
AG
It'll come down to Gonzaga or us it would appear.

The stigma of the troubles at Arizona have been a problem for him since early on, and the official visit to Illinois I think was more a gesture towards Brad Underwood than real interest in attending Illinois on Timme's part. And while I hear he's a big fan of Avery Johnson (as are most who encounter him) and of all that Alabama has to offer, I don't think Alabama over A&M makes much sense. Same conference, both are "football first" if you will, in that basketball is certainly popular at both, but neither are considered "basketball schools", ala Kansas, Kentucky, Arizona, etc. He has friends already in this signing class for A&M, and as much as some of you will hate to hear this...he and his family absolutely love the A&M coaching staff.

So ultimately it'll come down to: a good program relatively close to home, in a recruiting class where he has several existing friendships, and probably early playing time...vs. a great program a long way from home and maybe not much playing time for awhile - but with a significantly higher probability of team success, and on a team with a strong resume for putting players like him into the pros.

The "big reveal" thing seems to be the preferred method of announcing these days, so I wouldn't expect to hear anything meaningful until Nov 14.
expresswrittenconsent
Probably a dumb question but if we beat Gonzaga is that it, or is he a possibility for the new 100k gleague deals? Is this a one and done guy?

TIA
Hop
Staff
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Probably a dumb question but if we beat Gonzaga is that it, or is he a possibility for the new 100k gleague deals? Is this a one and done guy?

TIA
A&M and Gonzaga play on November 15. He will announce and sign on November 14. He is not a one and done guy.
Hop
Staff
AG
Don't forget about small forward Kobe Brown . Hearing that A&M has a pretty decent chance here....and not related to what Timme does. They want both and will take both if possible.
miller0926
AG
Timme just retweeted this

Hop
Staff
AG
miller0926 said:

I take nothing from that. Nobody at Alabama thinks they are getting him. Same with the Illinois message boards. This kid is the only "media" he communicates with regularly, and I have a hard time thinking this kid is going to b transparent and ruin it for Timme the day before the announcement. I still say Gonzaga, but don't rule out a head fake here.

As of last night, Timme had not informed the A&M staff he had eliminated them...or picked them. I do know that AAU teammate and friend Chris Harris told me yesterday that he'll be at Timme's ceremony at 8:00 am. That may not mean anything either. Just saying no credible source out there from other schools is saying Timme is a done deal. They are saying they think Gonzaga is the logical and likely spot, but Timme has kept this quiet.
Wearamaskaggie
AG
Hop said:

miller0926 said:

I take nothing from that. Nobody at Alabama thinks they are getting him. Same with the Illinois message boards. This kid is the only "media" he communicates with regularly, and I have a hard time thinking this kid is going to b transparent and ruin it for Timme the day before the announcement. I still say Gonzaga, but don't rule out a head fake here.

As of last night, Timme had not informed the A&M staff he had eliminated them...or picked them. I do know that AAU teammate and friend Chris Harris told me yesterday that he'll be at Timme's ceremony at 8:00 am. That may not mean anything either. Just saying no credible source out there from other schools is saying Timme is a done deal.
Goose
AG
Just because he's announcing on signing day doesn't mean he hasn't told the coach at the school he's going with that he's on board, and accordingly the schools he's not going with that it's a no-go. That was his and his family's intent a few weeks ago, so I'm assuming that's still the case. They know it's not fair to the schools to hold out on notifying them until the bitter end (nor is it necessarily in Drew's best interest because there's always the possibility that somebody else commits and takes your spot - unlikely, but what's good for the goose is good for the gander, although not necessarily proportionately). The trick is telling the various stakeholders early enough to be of value to them, while keeping it all under wraps until the signing day reveal.

My gut has had me 50/50 between Gonzaga and A&M most of the last couple of months, for reasons I've stated in previous posts. But two things having me thinking it may be the good guys over Gonzaga. Both are highly presumptive, and may be more "me wanting it to be true" than actual indicators of what's about to happen...

1) Assuming he did in fact let the schools know either yea or nay recently, then why was the full entourage of Aggie coaches at the Cowtown Tip Off over the weekend and in for another in-home? If they'd been told already and it was good news then it was to circle the wagons around their guy in hopes that somebody couldn't swoop in at the very last minute and change his mind. Or...if it was bad news, then it would have been one last desperate attempt to get him to reconsider. I haven't heard any news that Gonzaga was in town for the game or an in-home, so my instincts have me thinking it may be the former.

2) If Chris Harris is indeed planning to be at Drew's signing day deal tomorrow, then that almost has to point toward Drew coming to A&M. I can't imagine he'd be there just to pat him on the back and wish him well in Spokane.

All that being said...we'll see I guess. If I can swing it I'll try to be there in the morning to see how it all unfolds. Hell he could end up signing with Alabama or Illinois for all I know. :-)
Chuck Gay
AG
I hadn't seen Kobe Brown play before. Pretty good looking ball player. He would definitely be a nice addition.

Hop
Staff
AG
He needs to improve his conditioning with Darby. If he can transform his body and get a little quicker over the next year, his ceiling is pretty high. He also has a younger brother that's pretty good.
Duck Sausage
AG
Goose
AG
Timme to the Zags.
agtrevino07
AG
Kobe Brown to A&M according to Minnesota recruiting analyst.

Check out @Marcus_R_Fuller's Tweet:
rpr52121
AG
I'm not as in tune with the recruiting, but how good is the upcoming 2019 recruiting class. Will they be the infusion of offensive talent that the Aggies need? Also would they stay with Texas A&M if BK is let go?
Method Man
Sorry, by Hop's rules we need a new thread.
Hop
Staff
AG
rpr52121 said:

I'm not as in tune with the recruiting, but how good is the upcoming 2019 recruiting class. Will they be the infusion of offensive talent that the Aggies need? Also would they stay with Texas A&M if BK is let go?

It's a solid class. I wouldn't call it a break through class. The point guard is the most intriguing talent because he gives A&M the type of ballhandling and distribution that this year's team doesn't have, so he has the potential to make the biggest impact. This is a fringe Top 25 class.
Aston04
AG
In BK's "system" not near as bullish on the pg. If we got after people defensively or pushed the ball, i'd feel better.

To me the perfect bk PG is someone who can stroke 3s to create spacing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.