Something Smells at Vandy

6,285 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by zmurda
Hop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Just nabbed another 5-star...the kid from Vermont. The Drew playbook in full force.
_lefraud_
AG
Did something smell when Kennedy snagged the kids from Plano after the amazing success he was having at A&M?

Spare me the local guys, recruited them for years, and any other bs. All programs snag guys that might make you raise an eye brow, A&M is no different than any other university trying to compete and win at the highest level.

Did something smell at Duke during the 80s when a coach with limited success started snagging big time recruits left and right?

Get off your moral high horse, and get your head out of the sand with regards to A&M.
TjgtAg08
AG
Sure, because grabbing a kid 200 miles away in your main recruiting bed in your same state, who also plays on the same AAU team as another of your recruits and the same HS team as a freshman on your squad is EXACTLY as fishy as grabbing a kid 1,200 miles away who is from Canada and has zero connection to your school or geographic footprint in any way.

Good grief.
expresswrittenconsent
Also, happy thanksgiving.
Hop
Staff
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Did something smell when Kennedy snagged the kids from Plano after the amazing success he was having at A&M?

Spare me the local guys, recruited them for years, and any other bs. All programs snag guys that might make you raise an eye brow, A&M is no different than any other university trying to compete and win at the highest level.

Did something smell at Duke during the 80s when a coach with limited success started snagging big time recruits left and right?

Get off your moral high horse, and get your head out of the sand with regards to A&M.

Clearly, you are having issues with reading comprehension.
Hickory High
AG
Everyone pays. The Drew boys just pays more.
bobinator
AG
Vandy has a coach on staff that worked at a wealth management firm for professional athletes... plus he's a Drew, dude knows how the game is played.
Method Man
Theyre cheating and I won't stand for it.
mallen
AG
Method Man said:

I'm with you Method. What should we do?
GE
AG
Oh ****, expresswrittenconsent is lefraud. That makes perfect sense.
Method Man
mallen said:

Method Man said:

I'm with you Method. What should we do?

I'll start a gofundme to fight cheating.
StanGundy
Good friend of the 5* PG from Nashville who committed last week. Vandy will be very good for at least a year.
zmurda
I like drew...heard him speak at an event last year. I could see how and why he gets these high star kids, but doesn't mean there's not something fishy going on....prob is everywhere
mdanyc03
AG
StanGundy said:

Good friend of the 5* PG from Nashville who committed last week. Vandy will be very good for at least a year.

Actually I doubt it. Matthew Fischer Davis, Lachance and Roberson are all seniors I believe. Not sure they have much at all behind those guys. Even three one and dones usually isn't enough to make you "very good" unless you have some other talent to mesh with them.
Pumpkinhead
AG
It does look suspicious.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Been a big fan of Bryce for a long time now. I've always got the impression that he couldn't be more different than Scott. Maybe I was wrong.
jml2621
Hop said:

Just nabbed another 5-star...the kid from Vermont. The Drew playbook in full force.

Close to the Canada pipeline. Currency is in maple syrup.

aginlakeway
AG
Hickory High said:

How do you know this is true?
ClassOf17
I mean I'm still trying to figure out how Mizzou got the #2 overall prospect
Hop
Staff
AG
ClassOf17 said:

Well, at least there were some connections. He was from Missouri and his older sister played for the Missouri women.
Method Man
aginlakeway said:

Hickory High said:

Anyone with connections knows.
mdanyc03
txjortsagent
AG
We aren't paying anyone.

Kennedy has had some excellent recruiters in his tenure. Cyp and Keller played it by the books. They were just damn good at selling this school.

Claiming otherwise is an insult to guys like Cyp and Keller who did not have to resort to cheating.
Chuck Gay
AG
Why wouldn't a 1 and done candidate pick Nashville over Durham, NC or Lawrence, KS?
DriftwoodAg
AG
Hop said:

ClassOf17 said:

Well, at least there were some connections. He was from Missouri and his older sister played for the Missouri women.

And they hired his dad...
SiAg
AG
austinaggie2008 said:

Sure, because grabbing a kid 200 miles away in your main recruiting bed in your same state, who also plays on the same AAU team as another of your recruits and the same HS team as a freshman on your squad is EXACTLY as fishy as grabbing a kid 1,200 miles away who is from Canada and has zero connection to your school or geographic footprint in any way.

Good grief.

This
jml2621
txjortsagent said:

We aren't paying anyone.

Kennedy has had some excellent recruiters in his tenure. Cyp and Keller played it by the books. They were just damn good at selling this school.

Claiming otherwise is an insult to guys like Cyp and Keller who did not have to resort to cheating.

Stansbury.
aginlakeway
AG
Hickory High said:

aginlakeway said:

Hickory High said:

Why would I jeopardize the program's wellbeing by answering that question?

Why would revealing how the Drew boys pay players more jeopardize our program? If you can prove they pay players, tell the ncaa. Or tell the media. Asap.
Hickory High
AG
aginlakeway said:

Hickory High said:

aginlakeway said:

Hickory High said:

Why would revealing how the Drew boys pay players more jeopardize our program? If you can prove they pay players, tell the ncaa. Or tell the media. Asap.

You really don't get how it works, do you? The coaches/boosters pay the shoe companies, the shoe companies pay the AAU coaches, and the AAU coaches funnel the players. It can't be "proved" that Coach X is paying Player Y, but it's happening all the same.

If you didn't know that, then you really shouldn't be commenting on this issue.

If youd like some insight, I know for a fact 4 years ago Baylor paid for a player from the Bahamas to live in an apartment and attend a prep school in Houston. Was it a coach or booster paying? I don't know. But it happened.
aginlakeway
AG
Hickory High said:

aginlakeway said:

Hickory High said:

aginlakeway said:

Hickory High said:

You really don't get how it works, do you? The coaches/boosters pay the shoe companies, the shoe companies pay the AAU coaches, and the AAU coaches funnel the players. It can't be "proved" that Coach X is paying Player Y, but it's happening all the same.

If youd like some insight, I know for a fact 4 years ago Baylor paid for a player from the Bahamas to live in an apartment and attend a prep school in Houston. Was it a coach or booster paying? I don't know. But it happened.

You got me. I don't know anything about major college basketball. I learned nothing sitting on the Aggie bench for 2 years. But please share with me more of your insight.

My point reminds the same. You stated that Vandy is cheating. Please prove it.
PatAg
AG
aginlakeway said:

Hickory High said:

aginlakeway said:

Hickory High said:

aginlakeway said:

Hickory High said:

You got me. I don't know anything about major college basketball. I learned nothing sitting on the Aggie bench for 2 years. But please share with me more of your insight.

You sat on the bench, what would you know about being payed illegally.
expresswrittenconsent
aginlakeway said:

Hickory High said:

aginlakeway said:

Hickory High said:

aginlakeway said:

Hickory High said:

Actually, Hop is the one who said Vandy is cheating. Hickory said everybody is cheating.
Hickory High
AG
aginlakeway said:

Hickory High said:

aginlakeway said:

Hickory High said:

aginlakeway said:

Hickory High said:

1. Please quote exactly where I said "you don't know anything about major college basketball". Gtfo with your usual logical fallacies. Responding to my point by addressing an argument I didn't make.

2. I didn't say anything about Vandy cheating. In fact, maybe they didn't even have to pay him all that much. Maybe the kid is an academic kid. Maybe he really likes Nashville.
aginlakeway
AG
Hickory High said:

aginlakeway said:

Hickory High said:

aginlakeway said:

Hickory High said:

aginlakeway said:

Hickory High said:

1. Please quote exactly where I said "you don't know anything about major college basketball". Gtfo with your usual logical fallacies. Responding to my point by addressing an argument I didn't make.

2. I didn't say anything about Vandy cheating. In fact, maybe they didn't even have to pay him all that much. Maybe the kid is an academic kid. Maybe he really likes Nashville.

1. "You really don't get how it works, do you?" was directed at me. Yes, I actually do know how it works. First hand. 35 years of experience actually.

2. "The Drew boys just pays more." sounds like you're accusing Vandy of paying. What else could you have meant by your statement?

Have a great rest of your holiday weekend!
expresswrittenconsent
The FBI laughs at your intentionally vague claims of 35 years of experience.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.