Strength of Schedule?

1,720 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AvidAggie
BigAggie06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there a team in the nation that has a higher profile/tougher OOC schedule than we do?

#11 WVU
OKST
Penn State
#10 USC
#2 Arizona
and #3 KU later in the year

I just browsed through the top 10 teams and while each have atleast one respectable OOC opponent, very few seem to have multiple and none have anywhere close to 6. I'm really impressed with our basketball program not being timid and going out and scheduling multiple major conference opponents.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Only Bucknell, apparently
BigAggie06
AG
Thanks for the link, I have been having difficulty finding any SOS ranking, I thought that Sagarin used to include it but I am either mistaken or they removed that part.

Also, looking at Bucknell's schedule I don't really see it as tougher than ours, it seems odd that they have it that high.
bobinator
AG
It will probably depend on how good WVU, Penn State and Oklahoma State end up being on if we have the toughest non-conference schedule (among good teams) in the country.

Some of the schedules are hard to read right now because of the early season tournaments.

Arkansas, for example, could end up playing Oklahoma, North Carolina and Michigan State just this week and they still play Minnesota and at Houston. (They play Oklahoma State as their Big 12 opponent.)

But yeah, the exact numbers might be hard to nail down this early, but strength of schedule definitely is not going to be an issue for us on selection sunday.
Javelina
AG
No one else in the top ten has a winning record either.
Punked Shank
AG
Javelina said:

No one else in the top ten has a winning record either.

Huh?
bobinator
AG
He's talking about on that SOS link that Junkhead shared.
Javelina
AG
Yes, that.
AnalogyAg
rpi has us ranked #2 and sos #5

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html
JJxvi
AG
I was looking at kenpom...you have to get outside the top 50 to find teams with as strong a schedule among the games already played.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, that'll change a lot after this week with all of the tournament games, and we'll start to have a more accurate picture.
LPCAg
AG
I love how they have us ranked #2 yet predict we only win 17 games on the year and finish with a losing conference record.
GE
AG
LPCAg said:

I love how they have us ranked #2 yet predict we only win 17 games on the year and finish with a losing conference record.
How could the losing conference record prediction possibly be real?
AvidAggie
AG
Texas Southern has a brutal OOC schedule, and every game is on the road. Surprised they aren't first.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.