I wouldn't sleep on Penn State

2,753 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LouisvilleAg
2nd Generation Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
F we are not ready this game will go down to the wire. Ok st is barely beating the team they beat by 30
bobinator
AG
Nah, they should just go ahead and hand us the trophy before the game and save them the embarrassment.
MatthewRothell
AG
Penn st hasn't played a ranked team. And I'm not even talking about us. We don't know how good they are. Period.
Mikeyshooter
AG
I haven't seen anyone say this will be a cakewalk.
Uncle Jimbo
Hey man... don't worry. I'm ready.

I've been pumping coffee all day at work, so I'm alert. Switching to whiskey in a few minutes to calm my nerves. Might shoot a few jumpers in the driveway with my son before I sit down to watch.
GE
AG
This will be a cakewalk my friends.
Pumpkinhead
AG
I sincerely hope Penn State IS good, and that of course if then hopefully we beat them that it turns out we beat a team that does decent in the Big 10.

A team like what we have this season, the harder the schedule the better.
Zosima
Uncle Jimbo said:

Hey man... don't worry. I'm ready.

I've been pumping coffee all day at work, so I'm alert. Switching to whiskey in a few minutes to calm my nerves. Might shoot a few jumpers in the driveway with my son before I sit down to watch.

I was already looking ahead to Pepperdine, but now I know I need to focus on this game.
bobinator
AG
On a serious note, I'd be really disappointed if our team didn't come out fired up for a game where a trophy is on the line. Games where you can actually win some hardware are pretty few and far between.
gougler08
AG
mengland said:

F we are not ready this game will go down to the wire. Ok st is barely beating the team they beat by 30
You are insufferable so far this season
Know Your Enemy
AG
OP is anxious for our first loss. It's pathetic.
TAMUallen
AG
Penn St was a really good team. Definitely will be in the tourney. I'm incredibly impressed with our potential
CactusThomas
BenFiasco14
AG
TAMUallen said:

Penn St was a really good team. Definitely will be in the tourney. I'm incredibly impressed with our potential
Same. They're damn good and will be a force to be reckoned with in conference play.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Faustus
Quote:

I wouldn't sleep on Penn State.
They're not going to catch any teams with their pants down.
expresswrittenconsent
TAMUallen said:

I'm not so sure they "definitely" will be in the tourney. They played us 5 pts better than okie state who is expected to be at the bottom of the b12. We got a little sloppy with the ball, otherwise we win by 20.
Bocephus
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

TAMUallen said:

I'm not so sure they "definitely" will be in the tourney. They played us 5 pts better than okie state who is expected to be at the bottom of the b12. We got a little sloppy with the ball, otherwise we win by 20.

I was very impressed with how well coached they were. I think they are a tourney team. Our best scorer had an off night and we beat them by double digits. This A&M team can play with and beat any team in the country.
gougler08
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

TAMUallen said:

If they make the tourney, it will be one of the biggest stories of the season. I think they're an average team but probably NIT
Morpholino
AG
What impressed me the most is the Ags were able to overcome PSU's best players having a career night, dropping 31 and 25 points on us, plus ****ty refereeing, and still pulling out the win. That's a sign of a good to great team.
old yeller
AG
gougler08 said:

mengland said:

You are insufferable so far this season
this season?
Buglerank62
AG
Pretty sure that Carr will be a one and done player. In the end I think we were deeper and wore them out just like with West Virginia. However, the USC game in Los Angeles will be a real test.
The Collective
AG
That was a game prior A&M teams would have dropped, zero doubt. Proud of this group.
expresswrittenconsent
Buglerank62 said:

Pretty sure that Carr will be a one and done player. In the end I think we were deeper and wore them out just like with West Virginia. However, the USC game in Los Angeles will be a real test.

He was at PSU last year, so not a 1 and done. He had a great game, though, and was on freakin fire in the first half.
LouisvilleAg
AG
TAMUallen said:

They will go as far as Carr will take them. Carr is the straw that stirs the drink. Without him, they are an average team. Just look at what we did when he was smothered by Gilder. We took a 2 point lead to 17 in a matter of minutes. Once he came back into the flow of the game, he brought the team back into single digits.

I think they will probably finish around 4th or 6th in the Big 10. If Carr continues to improve and stays away from being injured, they might be able to make a run at the Big 10 championship. With Carr healthy, they make the tourney. If he misses anymore games, they make the NIT.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.