SIAP Caldwell

3,955 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PatAg
GoodOldAgs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When will he be back in action?
Expert Analysis
AG
when we come back home
mdanyc03
AG
Friday
letters at random
https://texags.com/forums/7/topics/2907160
Zosima
I don't disagree with the suspension, but that is a pretty harsh punishment. Missing out on going to Germany and new York seems like it would be an incredible opportunity for anyone at 20 years old. I don't know how much sightseeing the team does, but it has to be tough to sit at home while your team is travelling to these places.

Uncle Jimbo
Zosima said:

I don't disagree with the suspension, but that is a pretty harsh punishment. Missing out on going to Germany and new York seems like it would be an incredible opportunity for anyone at 20 years old. I don't know how much sightseeing the team does, but it has to be tough to sit at home while your team is travelling to these places.

He got a DUI. I'm all for second chances, but let's not pretend he smoked weed with his buddies or something. It was a serious offense and the consequences should reflect that.
Uncle Jimbo
Didn't realize it was dismissed. Regardless, hope he's been able to learn his lesson.
GoodOldAgs
Appreciate the responses guys. This team should be even scarier if the Caldwell hype is real.
gordo97
AG
I got a chance to meet coach Kennedy this past summer, and after speaking with him I saw that he is a high moral character guy first and foremost..... I believe in what he is doing when he says he wants to instill the same strong character traits into our players.... he is not only chasing wins but trying to raise good you men
mdanyc03
AG
Remember when tonny got a dui in 2016 and got a zero game suspension?
tamu05ag
I don't get the Caldwell hype. Saw ESPN had him as the 89 prospect. Is it the flashy 2 minute video on YouTube?
jml2621
mdanyc03 said:

Remember when tonny got a dui in 2016 and got a zero game suspension?

Good point - I think BK wanted to send a message to the entire team and say no one is above the standards the team sets. These guys get it. All good kids. I think the team is and will be stronger because of it. The chemistry looks good out there. The guys on the bench are really pulling for the ballers on the court.
letters at random
tamu05ag said:

I don't get the Caldwell hype. Saw ESPN had him as the 89 prospect. Is it the flashy 2 minute video on YouTube?
It's a year of him practicing with the team and showing what he can do over and over and over again. He's not an AA or anything, but he's very good.
mdanyc03
AG
tamu05ag said:

Have you heard the guys on the team talk about him?
mdanyc03
AG
I don't think it was Kennedy's decision
tamu05ag
Hope so. I imagine this comes from inside info with someone whose seen practices. I'm not expecting a score first pg but hope he can set up others
Buglerank62
AG
All the comments from players and coaches have led me to believe he is the missing link, a penetrating guard who is really quick and feeds the big dogs.
C.O.F.
Tony got a DWI dismissed. I believe JJ is under 21, which of course means it's illegal to consume any amount of alcohol. He was also charged with DWI, which means the officer believed he was actually legally intoxicated according to the law. The charge of DWI was dismissed. I don't know any details of the case, but if it was not proven JJ was actually intoxicated then they would dismiss the charge. Usually the officer will go with a much easier charge of DUI when dealing with a subject under 21. Any consumption of alcohol while driving under 21 means they are DUI in Texas. Our alcohol laws are confusing. Other states use DUI to refer to DWI. Texas uses DUI for subjects under 21 only. His suspension is probably due to the fact he had been drinking under 21, even if the court deemed he was not intoxicated. Sorry if I just confused more people with my lengthy explanation.
Pumpkinhead
AG
mdanyc03 said:

tamu05ag said:

Have you heard the guys on the team talk about him?
This. The other Aggie players seem have a lot of respect and appreciation for his game. Other Houston guys who know him well like D'Aaron Fox also seem to really respect him.

And Caldwell was a Top-100 4-star recruit in the 2016 class so It isn't like he is some unknown recruit. He was a highly regarded get when we landed him.
Gap
AG
I'm looking forward to seeing him play!
PatAg
AG
Could not be any more ready for Friday to get here
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.