shifting focus from football to basketball

769 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by expresswrittenconsent
badharambe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
and it appears to be just in time. really excited for this season, lets take the SEC and the natty this year!
bobinator
AG
Actually you're a few days too late
AggieOO
don't worry, it'll be an easy transition. there was a call to fire the head coach 5 mins into the first game.
expresswrittenconsent
Its actually possible to follow multiple sports at once.
jja79
AG
Which is why I stayed off this board during the game. Of the sports boards this one is the roughest.
expresswrittenconsent
jja79 said:

Which is why I stayed off this board during the game. Of the sports boards this one is the roughest.

Thats interesting coming from someone who is one of the most adamant "fire the coach" types on the football board.

Ive always found it strange that some of the most anti sumlin posters are also the most vocal pro kennedy posters. You expect some ags will always defend every coach and other ags will want to fire all the coaches, but i cant see how soneone who thinks sumlin is has been a terrible coach here would think kennedy has done a good job here.
CapCityAg89
AG
AggieOO said:

don't worry, it'll be an easy transition. there was a call to fire the head coach 5 mins into the first game.
And to clarify - he meant the first, last-minute, scrimmage; not the game we eventually won by 23 against the preseason #11 team (it happened then too).
jja79
AG
Look at the resources and support given football versus basketball. It's night and day. Sumlin was given every advantage and squandered it. If we devoted the resources to BB I would, like many other, expect more from the program.
The Collective
AG
The zoo is fun during a football game. It is so overloaded that it's difficult to even keep up with all the reactions. This place is more like a slow burn during a meltdown.
expresswrittenconsent
Come on now. You just said the hoops board during a game we are losing is worse than the football board. Now you are Eric Hyman and we need to manage expectations?
Sumlin had top 10 salary and resources and performed at a top 30 level so it isnt surprising he is getting fired.
But BK took over a team with 6 straight tourneys and 7 straight yrs of an RPI of 35ish and gave us 3 seasons of 120-150 RPI. Season 4 we had 3 NBA players as junior starters and got blown out at home in the NIT. Season 5 was one of the 2 or 3 best in school history but then season 6 was terrible again.

My point would be that relative to the talent and expectations, both coaches have performed similarly, and it would be one thing if you were ambivalent about both guys but you're one of the most vocal anti-sumlin and most vocal pro-kennedy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.