SIAP - Kudos to Jay Williams

2,344 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by EKG1996
10andBOUNCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finally got a chance to watch the WVU game in it's entirety yesterday; I know it may be bad form to praise ESPN or anyone who works for them, but I really enjoyed listening to Jay's commentary during the game. Also all the special footage of their week at the base was pretty neat too. I loved watching him pound the floor at Cameron as a Blue Devil and he may be nearing one of my favorite guys to listen to during a game. To top it off, as he signed off from the broadcast he emphasized how he was changed from his experience on the base - refreshing to hear in today's current political climate.
eag2412
AG
Same here. Really enjoyed listening to him.
Aggies1322
AG
He was certainly better than that ****** bag that said Davis "walked into the elbow".. fking idiot.
t - cam
AG
Aggies1322 said:

He was certainly better than that ****** bag that said Davis "walked into the elbow".. fking idiot.

Seth is greatness though he did seem unwilling to pull himself off the ledge when his explanation became more and more difficult to comprehend. On a regular basis though he is a college hoops junkie and it usually comes through during the games.
B$Weigem
AG
I typically don't agree or listen to anything an ESPN Commentator has to say, but Jay is hands down one the only respectable College Basketball Pundits out there.
expresswrittenconsent
Seth Greenberg was a crappy coach. He could be a decent commentator - he comes from a hoops family and is good at breaking down plays/strategies but despite the fact that he will never coach again he sucks off every coach and refuses to ever be critical of any coach like the coaching fraternity has an old mafia code of omerta.
Jay Williams doesnt have a great voice/speaking style for calling games, but he was a great college player and i find his willingness to be honest about his battles with substance abuse and his time as a sports agent paying AAU coaches to get players interesting considering how most in his job pretend those kinds of things dont exist.
Know Your Enemy
AG
t - cam said:

Aggies1322 said:

Seth is greatness though he did seem unwilling to pull himself off the ledge when his explanation became more and more difficult to comprehend. On a regular basis though he is a college hoops junkie and it usually comes through during the games.
I love how JWill and the PBP (Rece Davis?) completely blew him off when he kept up with that ridiculous angle.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Same. At one point they showed the three of them and Karl Ravech was highly annoyed and gave a simple, "No."
Know Your Enemy
AG
Ravech, that's it. I knew Rece Davis wasn't right but I was blanking on the name.
bobinator
AG
ESPN has a few guys that I think are better at discussing hoops in a kind of roundtable setting than they are during a game, Greenberg is definitely one of those.
PatAg
AG
I also liked the interchange after we had just had 2 nice possession with ball movement leading to open 3s, and Seth goes "what did those 2 possession have in common" and he just guesses 'strong with the ball' which is not what Seth wanted. So Seth goes on a minute long explanation of how nice our offense looked. Ravech then says "strong with the ball was not what Seth was looking for" and Jay says 'yea I was way off...Samsonite!"
rlb28
AG
I thought Karl Ravech was bad. He said "hawg" (Hogg) for the first 5 minutes and did something else that was messed up.
chris93
AG
I thought it was pretty funny when they had the bit with him and Greenberg in the Humvee and Williams said "You know I don't do well with accidents!"
Aggies1322
AG
rlb28 said:

I thought Karl Ravech was bad. He said "hawg" (Hogg) for the first 5 minutes and did something else that was messed up.

I believe he also called him "Fog"
swc93
AG
I enjoyed the hell out of the guard dog story. Family and I likely watched that German Shepard take down 10 times.
Cedar Bayou Ag
AG
Ravech also said numerous times throughout the game that JJ CHANDLER was suspended for 4 games even though he was playing. I know he meant Caldwell, but dude, Chandler STARTED the damn game.

And Williams is one of my favorite analysts that works for ESPN.
Method Man
Apparently, Jay Williams is a helluva nice guy.
wacarnolds
AG
chris93 said:

I thought it was pretty funny when they had the bit with him and Greenberg in the Humvee and Williams said "You know I don't do well with accidents!"

That was some grade A self-deprecation. Always enjoy guys who don't take themselves too seriously
EKG1996
AG
Cedar Bayou Ag said:

Ravech also said numerous times throughout the game that JJ CHANDLER was suspended for 4 games even though he was playing. I know he meant Caldwell, but dude, Chandler STARTED the damn game.

And Williams is one of my favorite analysts that works for ESPN.

I'm going to give him a pass as we have a Jay Jay, a DJ, a TJ, and a JJ on our team.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.