Rankings

6,771 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Badace52
hellcat9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Think we will still be behind WV? Most high ranked teams don't fall far the first time.
mallen
AG
Most high ranked teams are not whipped like that right out of the gate.
GE
AG
16-19 range probably with WVU dropping into the 20s
hellcat9
AG
Good point
expresswrittenconsent
Zero chance anyone who saw our game would have us behind them.
bingram1230
AG
My guess was between 18-20
West Point Aggie
AG
Maybe they'll confuse us (briefly) for tu and they'll rank us 10th or 11th!!
Leander - Ag
AG
mallen
AG
My guess is 16.
jml2621
Leander - Ag said:

I'll raise you 1

atm0812
AG
What day do basketball rankings come out? Monday?
LPCAg
AG
Yes, rankings come out Monday.
Aston04
AG
I'll go 14 too.
Hop
Staff
AG
No. 16
GE
AG
Hop said:

No. 16
Hope I'm wrong and we break the top 15 but I think 16 is at the low end of the range where we might end up.

Part of me wonders how much the announcers influence the voters who actually watched our game by ragging on West Virginia so much instead of giving credit to A&M.
expresswrittenconsent
GE said:

Part of me wonders how much the announcers influence the voters who actually watched our game by ragging on West Virginia so much instead of giving credit to A&M.

That makes no sense and will have zero impact on our ranking in the next poll.
GE
AG
What was your previous banned username?
expresswrittenconsent
I think we end up 18 or 19 ish and they drop to 17-20. There havent been enough games for us to make a huge jump over teams above us that beat up scrubs. I think this win helps over thr nect 2 or 3 polls. If we are 5-0 going to USC i think we are around 12 and if we are 7-0 going into Arizona we are around 8 or 9.
West Point Aggie
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

GE said:

That makes no sense and will have zero impact on our ranking in the next poll.

You blue starred yourself. That's kinda awesome!
mhayden
Assuming we can handle the scrub teams, take 2 of 3 from OkieLite/USC/Arizona and we'll start conference play as a Top 15 team. Take all 3 and we'll be Top 10.
Badace52
AG
How can you tell when someone blue starred themselves?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Badace52
AG
I think we will move in the 17-19 range, and WV will fall to 20-21.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
West Point Aggie
AG
Badace52 said:

How can you tell when someone blue starred themselves?

Look closer...
2nd Generation Ag
In the CBS poll we moved up 4 slots to 22. What a joke
Badace52
AG
Oh you were replying to the post above the one I was looking at... yeah pretty "awesome" move.
Badace52
AG
mengland said:

In the CBS poll we moved up 4 slots to 22. What a joke
Well, at least West Virginia isn't ranked above us. In fact they don't have them ranked at all. We will have all the opportunity in the world to move up in all the polls with how tough the schedule is.

CBS Poll
Deputy Travis Junior
We're moving up with that thrashing. I'd say 14-16.
CapCityAg89
AG
Week 1 doesn't matter. In fact, I'd prefer to be "disrespected" all season. I love Tyler and Admon with chips on their shoulders.
dog
AG
GE said:

Hop said:

No. 16
Hope I'm wrong and we break the top 15 but I think 16 is at the low end of the range where we might end up.

If voters are influenced by the announcers, then they shouldn't be voters.
Gil Renard
AG
Louisville beats Ga Mason
Pumpkinhead
AG
free_mhayden said:

Take all 3 and we'll be Top 10.
If this team were to take all three and get to 8-0, meaning at that point they would have wins over WVU, Okie State, Penn State (probably because Pitt is awful), @USC, and Arizona (in Phoenix), then I think we'd probably be ranked Top-5 in the country entering conference play and be one of the biggest non-conference stories of college basketball.
LihaiAg06
AG
When are new rankings released?
mhayden
Pumpkinhead said:

free_mhayden said:

If this team were to take all three and get to 8-0, meaning at that point they would have wins over WVU, Okie State, Penn State (probably because Pitt is awful), @USC, and Arizona (in Phoenix), then I think we'd probably be ranked Top-5 in the country entering conference play and be one of the biggest non-conference stories of college basketball.

We'd be Top 5 caliber, but the blue-bloods are going to be above us as long as they don't lose.
Pumpkinhead
AG
free_mhayden said:

Pumpkinhead said:

free_mhayden said:

We'd be Top 5 caliber, but the blue-bloods are going to be above us as long as they don't lose.

Let's drink to hoping we get to 8-0 and then have to spend lots of time complaining on TexAgs about the biased media only having us at #6.

GE
AG
free_mhayden said:

Pumpkinhead said:

free_mhayden said:

Well two out of Duke, Michigan State, Kentucky, and Kansas will have a loss by then and we will have beaten Arizona and USC by then. Maybe UNC stays above us but we will have a better resume than everybody at that point. The one loss blue bloods drop below us and We're the highest ranked non-blue blood
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.