By what games are Williams and Caldwell back

2,686 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Serious Lee
Adam87inSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does Williams sit out next game (UCSB) and then play when we go to Okie Lite?

Does Caldwell sit out those two plus Pepperdine and play at Southern Cal?
GE
AG
Caldwell back for Pepperdine and RW back for OSU
boboguitar
AG
I'm not quite as nervous about Caldwell being out at the beginning of the season now. Starks was impressive.
Adam87inSA
AG
Awesome. Thanks, y'all.

We are loaded.
Uncle Jimbo
Adam87inSA said:

Does Williams sit out next game (UCSB) and then play when we go to Okie Lite?

Does Caldwell sit out those two plus Pepperdine and play at Southern Cal?

Btw, we don't go to Okie Lite. We play them in Brooklyn and then will play either Pitt or Penn St the next day.
Adam87inSA
AG
Roger that. Was looking at ESPN.com schedule for us on my phone. It's apparently misleading.
jml2621
Starks and Wilson seem to be holding down the fort. Although both make mistakes, their defense and aggressiveness pay dividends. Starks is a press crusher. I like how he started to look for the open man on drives. Steep portion of the learning curve. Flagg has his moments. Chandler still has a lot to learn.
Aston04
AG
We are early, but Starks may be the best press breaker I've seen since I started watching a&m in 2000. He absolutely flys past traps and is strong with the basketball.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Aston04 said:

We are early, but Starks may be the best press breaker I've seen since I started watching a&m in 2000. He absolutely flys past traps and is strong with the basketball.
From everything I've gathered, including statements by his own teammates, Caldwell will look just as impressive as Starks in terms of ball handling and penetrating a defense.

However, I think the big difference between the two will be what happens when Caldwell blows by his defender and is going to the rim. If defenders all collapse on him then instead of trying to finish the shot like Starks wants to do (and as you saw TJ fearlessly try to several times versus WVU even when it was like one on three), I think you'll more often see Caldwell instead make the pass to whichever teammate was left open. All the word on JJ is that is his Basketball DNA, to get a defense out of rotation and then feed a teammate. And that he is very gifted in terms of court vision. Hogg, Davis, Williams, several of his teammates have commented about Caldwell's ability to see passes that nobody else sees.

I suspect that we'll see that while Starks is the better outside shooter, Caldwell is the more gifted overall playmaker. And both are quite capable of breaking almost any press.

Get your popcorn ready on Caldwell. My prediction is, if all the off-season talk about him turns out to largely live up to the hype, that he will have multiple double digit assist games this season given all the weapons around him.
Serious Lee
Aston04 said:

not doubting this, but it was perplexing how they kept allowing him to go left.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.