This team

7,179 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wacarnolds
wacarnolds
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EKG1996 said:

Missouri has three future NBA lottery picks on their team so yes I do think they have more talent. However I don't think they will have as good a team this year as we will.

If more projected lottery picks = more talented, why do you have A&M below UNC, Louisville and Florida?
dgrogers88
Nino Brown
It is early but this team is pretty damn deep. Ranking only help the non basketball fans pack Reed. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about rankings
Pumpkinhead
AG
EKG1996 said:

Missouri has three future NBA lottery picks on their team so yes I do think they have more talent. However I don't think they will have as good a team this year as we will.
Three? In addition to Michael Porter Jr, who are the other 2 Missouri players that you are projecting will be a top-10-ish pick in the 2018/19 NBA drafts? Saying somebody is a future NBA lottery pick is quite a compliment. It is extremely damn hard to even be a first round NBA draft pick (not to mention a lottery pick), so projecting that Missouri currently has 3 guys of that level seems a bit crazy.

Here is the latest 2018 Mock Draft from Draft Express (as of August). They had Porter Jr. (Missouri) at #1 and Robert Williams (Texas A&M) at #5. No other Missouri or Texas A&M players projected as a first round draft pick.

[ol]
  • Bulls - Michael Porter Jr.
  • Celtics (via Nets) - Marvin Bagley
  • Hawks - DeAndre Ayton
  • Suns - Luka Doncic
  • Kings - Robert Williams
  • Magic - Miles Bridges
  • Knicks - Mohamed Bamba
  • Pacers - Collin Sexton
  • 76ers (via Lakers) - Jaren Jackson
  • Mavericks - Wendell Carter
  • Grizzlies - Trevon Duval
  • Pistons - Bruce Brown
  • Pelicans - Lonnie Walker
  • Trail Blazers - Mitchell Robinson
  • 76ers - Justin Jackson
  • Hornets - Dzanan Musa
  • Suns (via Heat) - Troy Brown
  • Jazz - Hamidou Diallo
  • Clippers - Mikal Bridges
  • Nuggets - Chimezie Metu
  • Nets (via Raptors) - Rodions Kurucs
  • Bucks - Nick Richards
  • Hawks (via Timberwolves) - Shake Milton
  • Wizards - Grayson Allen
  • Minnesota Timberwolves (via Thunder) - Isaac Bonga
  • Cavaliers - De'Anthony Melton
  • Spurs - Austin Wiley
  • Nets via Celtics - Tyus Battle
  • Hawks (via Rockets) - Brandon McCoy
  • Warriors - Andrew Jones
  • [/ol]
    https://scout.com/college/louisville/Board/103990/Contents/2018-Mock-Draft-draftexpress-73402140

It is difficult for me to see the argument that Missouri has as talented a roster from 1 to 13 as Texas A&M. I just don't see it. No way I personally would trade the Aggie roster for Mizzou, not even with the Porter brothers on it.
    3 William 56
    AG
    WGann3 said:

I'm a fairly pessimistic Ag and I said the exact same thing to a couple of buddies after the game, no doubt in my mind this team has top 10 talent. I just have serious doubts about BK. I root for the guy, but I personally think it's rare we have an X's and O's advantage. The good news is basketball is one sport where talent can carry a meh coach.

What gets me the most excited is that talent out there, whether you think it's top 10, top 20, whatever... is VERY experienced. A lot of the key players out there have been a part of a Sweet 16 team already, that's huge.

I mean he did just out coach Bob Huggins...that's not a bad feather in coach Kennedy's cap no?
    Ulrich
    I'm not sure how good WVU is, but we just made them look REALLY bad with two starters sitting at home. I've been critical of Kennedy's game day coaching, but that looked like a well coached team. Defensive rotations were made correctly and on time, pick and roll defense was sharp and based on the strengths of the players they were defending, breaking the press looked routine, good spacing, quick to recognize and exploit what WVU was doing in the half court defense... this was a very promising performance.

Hogg was rebounding strong, and his shot has gone from good to NBA-quality. Not talking percentages, but how quickly he sets and fires and the compact, smooth form. He looks so much better playing off the ball.

Gilder was not asked to do a whole lot on offense, but his defense was excellent.

Starks and Wilson played solidly. Nice aggression getting into the heart of the defense even though they struggled to finish.

Flagg has an NBA body and looked reasonably comfortable. Not extremely productive, but that will come with time.

Davis is a monster. He's going to be in the league for a while.
    cedar
    BK didn't out coach anybody. Our players are clearly better and outplayed them.
    GE
    AG
    cedar said:

Yes, he outcoached them as well. Our players are not 23 points better than their players without 2 of our starting 5
    agfan1030
    He not only outcoached Huggins. He regrouped the team and calmed them down so they could execute.
    jml2621
    bobinator said:

I think that's the definition of an X factor. Hogg isn't going to be that good every game, but when he is it's certainly extremely helpful.

I like the 52%+ 3FG X-factor.
    jml2621
    agfan1030 said:

He not only outcoached Huggins. He regrouped the team and calmed them down so they could execute.

Gilder and Hogg entering the game helped a lot.

As I rematched the game, noobs mistakes at first cost us over the first 10 min. However, not only did Gilder, Hogg, and Davis right the ship, but when Starks and Wilson came in, their level of play went up a couple of levels.

CactusThomas
    AG
    That is all true but both Gilder and Hogg had particularly rough starts once they got in.
    Hop
    Staff
    AG
    EKG1996 said:

Wow. I'm an idiot because I don't think this team is the one of the most talented teams in the country?

I definitely think this team can be very good and compete with anyone if we play our A game.

However saying that we have superior talent than almost everyone else is in the country, is just not accurate.

Williams and Davis are two of the better post players in the country. We have several other good players but none that are considered to be the most talented at their positions.

I will say if Gilder and Hogg shoot every game like they did tonight then you may be on to something. They got a lot of open looks tonight and knocked them down. However they haven't done it consistently enough to be given the benefit of the doubt just yet. Of course I have never seen Caldwell play so maybe he is great, but I think I will wait and see.

UNC, Michigan State, Duke, Arizona, Kentucky, Florida, Louisville, Kansas, Missouri, Villanova, Miami

Missouri? You'e kidding, right?
    Hop
    Staff
    AG
    cedar said:

I'll be the first to say that head coaches are given too much credit and criticism for minute-by-minute, game-by-game performance. But I'll make sure to check back with you when A&M loses next so you are saying it was the players and not the coach that were responsible for the loss.
    wacarnolds
    AG
    EKG you still want to talk about UNC's talent advantage?
    Refresh
    Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.