Rotation was unclear but is obvious now.

5,574 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GE
Isaih Smollett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agree, or replace Davis with Hogg for a fast team if needed.
GE
AG
machine20 said:

Agree, or replace Davis with Hogg for a fast team if needed.
That could be filthy
DallasAggie87
AG
GE said:

It's becoming a little murky. Can't help thinking Starks is one of our best five players. If the opponent isn't going big on the wing I would like to see Admon moved to the three and a lineup of Caldwell, Starks, Gilder, Williams, and Davis. Would be absolutely devastating offensively in terms of guard play

Long way to go but after last night we should be looking at maximizing DJs minutes not reducing them. He looked like the one time 1st/2nd round pick many projected for him.
jml2621
jml2621 said:

After the myriad of suspensions:

Caldwell/Starks/Wilson
Gilder/Starks/Chandler
Hogg/Flagg/Chandler
Williams/Trocha/Jasey
Davis/Trocha/Williams

off the bench:

Starks
Trocha
Flagg
Wilson
Chandler
Jasey

Slight amendment after last night:

Caldwell/Starks = Wilson
Gilder/Starks/Chandler
Hogg/Flagg/Chandler
Williams/Trocha/Hogg/Jasey
Davis/Trocha/Williams

off the bench:

Starks
Trocha
Wilson
Flagg
Chandler

Jasey
Collins

I can see some minutes, depending upon the opponent, going small with Williams or Davis as the Single post.

But not long, because they are 2 of your best players, and the SEC tends to play big.

As popular as small ball has become, UNC won the NC without it last year, and Duke could win it all with emphasis on bigs this year. Bagley is just SICK.

3rdGen2015
AG
I agree that we don't need to go small for long periods of time. It's just so nice to have the option to be able to go small if we need extra shooting, as a change of pace, or due to foul trouble.

It would also be fun to see us go super long with something like:

Caldwell/Glider/Starks
Hogg/Flagg
Trocha
Williams
Davis

I don't think that lineup would work, but I hope we see it at least once just to see how it does. BK needs to get weird with his lineups to find our best possible options.
Aston04
AG
Trocha is not playing 3 this year. That is not a "fun" lineup with the kind of guard/wing talent we have that are better at playing 3 than trocha.

Last year we used trocha at 3 some bc we were desperate to put decent players out there, even if out of position.
jml2621
Aston04 said:

Trocha is not playing 3 this year. That is not a "fun" lineup with the kind of guard/wing talent we have that are better at playing 3 than trocha.

Last year we used trocha at 3 some bc we were desperate to put decent players out there, even if out of position.

Trocha and Chandler were the worst of the rotation last night - along with Collins. Torch's just not any better than last year, one of the reasons we went small ball, besides the WVU press

Here's how I would rank the team

[Robert Williams]
Gilder, Hogg, Davis
[Caldwell]
Starks
Wilson
Flagg
Trocha
Chandler

Jasey
Collins
GE
AG
jml2621 said:

Aston04 said:

Trocha and Chandler were the worst of the rotation last night - along with Collins. Torch's just not any better than last year, one of the reasons we went small ball, besides the WVU press

Here's how I would rank the team

[Robert Williams]
Gilder, Hogg, Davis
[Caldwell]
Starks
Wilson
Flagg
Trocha
Chandler

Jasey
Collins

I agree except I would put Tonny after Caldwell. He didn't have a great game against WVU but he was our best player against Texas and looked great against Tarlton
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.