Tickets to KU

1,681 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by greg.w.h
dhharder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does KU give vistors an allotment of tickets for basketball? Want to take my dad and brother to the game, didn't know if I should go ahead and get some tickets on StubHub or wait and see if A&M gets some.

Thanks in advance.
bobinator
AG
StubHub is going to be the way to go. There isn't really a "visitors allotment" for basketball. I guess technically there is, but those tickets never go to the general public. Families and maybe a couple of big donors/friends of the program.
TXAggie2011
AG
KU has a partnership with Stubhub; my buddy up there tells me it often has some pretty good deals on it, often from season ticket holders selling who closer to game day realize they can't make it for one reason or another
boboguitar
AG
I really want to go to this game. We can make the drive, my wife's extended family lives in lawrence and I've never met them. However, I can't afford $200 a ticket for my family of 3. Insane how expensive it is to see a basketball game there.
bobinator
AG
boboguitar said:

I really want to go to this game. We can make the drive, my wife's extended family lives in lawrence and I've never met them. However, I can't afford $200 a ticket for my family of 3. Insane how expensive it is to see a basketball game there.
Ditch the the rest of the family with the extended family, sounds like they all need some bonding time anyway.
dhharder
AG
Yeah tickets are expensive after looking. Back story, my dad grew up in Kansas and has always been a KU basketball fan. Never has been to a game there though as his family couldn't afford it growing up and he took care of us before his wants. I remember watching Roy Williams growing up every winter and even applied there for college. Glad A&M is where I ended up, but have always found myself a big KU basketball fan only when A&M isn't playing them. My brother and I are going to buy tickets for us all to go for his Christmas gift. Should be fun and great memories. Only have to drive from Amarillio so won't be too bad. Will probably be closer than going to College Station!
McInnis80
I am sure you are looking forward to that drive from Amarillo to Lawrence in January.
greg.w.h
AG
The worst weather is the ice belt from Texas to south Kansas/Missouri. Though a good snowfall--especially with wind--can get highways shutdown in Kansas.

Snow itself just requires more time. I've driven across Kansas with blowing and some drifting snow from Houston to Cedar Rapids and stopping outside of Topeka. I'd advise watching weather carefully prior to and after.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.