Jay Jay Chandler vs. SAC Kings D'Aaron Fox in Houston Open Gym Run Couple Days Ago

1,734 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mdanyc03
Pumpkinhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

The top-7 guys in the Aggie rotation next season will most likely be Caldwell, Gilder, Davis, Williams, Hogg, Wilson, & Trocha.

But that class of 2017 freshman (Flagg, Chandler, Starks, Jasey) filling out the 8th to 11th spots will probably have their moment or two next season.
mdanyc03
AG
Incredible athlete. Was hoping to see at least one clip of him finishing going right.
czar_iv
AG
I like Chandler's game and believe he will be an impact player for us this season.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
Hop
Staff
AG
I'm still amazed at how quickly he's transformed his body. Yes, he will play.
jml2621
Pumpkinhead said:

The top-7 guys in the Aggie rotation next season will most likely be Caldwell, Gilder, Davis, Williams, Hogg, Wilson, & Trocha.

But that class of 2017 freshman (Flagg, Chandler, Starks, Jasey) filling out the 8th to 11th spots will probably have their moment or two next season.

Chandler is a good 4 year player. I see Flagg and Starks contributing more. We'll see.

I just broke into a cold sweat - I could see BK playing Caldwell and Wilson together with Gilder for small ball ... 2 of them don't have a dependable outside shot. Defense collapses and we lose the lead, or even worse - RW or Davis gets hurt.

jml2621
Hop said:

I'm still amazed at how quickly he's transformed his body. Yes, he will play.

Improved. He's not elite quick and his release point is low. Hard to know for this year...but we will be very happy with Chandler next year and beyond.

BK won't go for it...but I'm of the mind to develop players like Starks, Flagg, Chandler early in the season rather than giving a lot of minutes to Wilson, unless Caldwell lays a large egg, Wilson is a "In case of emergency, break glass" guy for me.

It worked for Roy Williams the last couple of years, by taking Top 50 talent and developing them. He's not a great game coach, but his system and preparation with very good guards works.

Coach K wants to win each game so much, he shortens the bench, even early on in the season. They paid for it last season in the NCAAs... with a multitude of injuries and not developing key players early...they could look to the bench for that needed boost against South Carolina.

mdanyc03
AG
Quote:

I just broke into a cold sweat - I could see BK playing Caldwell and Wilson together with Gilder for small ball ... 2 of them don't have a dependable outside shot. Defense collapses and we lose the lead, or even worse - RW or Davis gets hurt.
Got to love the good old preemptive hypothetical complaint.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.