Robert Williams touches 12'6" in max vert test at P3 Sports Science

7,185 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jml2621
Pumpkinhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

The best max vertical test ever for P3 was Jeremy Evans who 4 years ago at their facilities touched 12'7.5". Evans also won the NBA Slam Dunk Contest in 2012.

Below is a link to Jeremy Evans actual jump when he reached that height. Then picture Robert Williams doing the same jump test and touching about in the same vicinity (1.5" shorter that Evan's jump). A spot that would be 2.5 feet above a standard basketball rim.

Pumpkinhead
AG
Also tweet a few days ago from Seth Greenberg after recently watching Williams (who participated in Adidas Nations camp with Admon Gilder last week).

wacarnolds
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Also tweet a few days ago from Seth Greenberg after recently watching Williams (who participated in Adidas Nations camp with Admon Gilder last week).

Yeah, Robert is not a great passer right now, but he has the potential for it to be a major asset. He had a couple of dump downs out of the post that showed his vision/feel for the game is well beyond your typical freshman big man.
wacarnolds
AG
Was trying to see if Giannis had attempted this, couldn't find anything, but it looks like Evans beat his own record

https://instagr.am/p/sdSLySKva3
wacarnolds
AG
Was trying to think of Williams' best dunks. Maybe one he pulled out of the air that only a handful of humans could even reach? Can't remember any notable dunks he did off the dribble.
Method Man
He should play beach volleyball?
Hop
Staff
AG
Since Darby Rich tweeted that out, I wanted to post the front of his Twitter page where he has a pic of the team at Kyle Field. I'm looking at Jay Jay Chandler and he's huge. He was lanky and rangy in high school. He's put on a ton of muscle. He looks bigger every time I see a new pic this summer.

Pic on Darby's Twitter
mdanyc03
AG
And savion Flagg is eight feet tall.
Pumpkinhead
AG
wacarnolds said:

Was trying to think of Williams' best dunks. Maybe one he pulled out of the air that only a handful of humans could even reach? Can't remember any notable dunks he did off the dribble.
Pretty much every one of Williams' scoring plays from last season is in the first highlight vid and the second DraftExpress vid shows some of his more ridiculously high jumps to dunk a lob pass.

GE
AG
After that first video I am super hyped for this season. Moreso than any in football or basketball since I've been an Aggie, with JFF's sophomore year running a distant second.
Jeff Patel
AG
And to think Williams didn't even start for nearly half of the season last year.

In a 40 point loss to Kentucky in January he plays like 15 minutes.

So we have a potential NBA first round pick sitting on the bench getting backup minutes and the young man has been practicing with you since at least September if not all summer.

There is a problem here.
bobinator
AG
Not really, he was good off the bench and still played plenty of minutes.

Who cares how much he played in a game where we got absolutely blasted.
jml2621
Pumpkinhead said:

Yes, while RW is still learning the game...he's a cerebral players. I see the gears turning out there. By the end of last season, he was starting to direct traffic. We expect his to be great...but RW is poised to blow up past expectations.
jml2621
Pumpkinhead said:

wacarnolds said:

Pretty much every one of Williams' scoring plays from last season is in the first highlight vid and the second DraftExpress vid shows some of his more ridiculously high jumps to dunk a lob pass.

Yeah - that's amazing stuff. The one-handed dunk at 4:45 is remarkable!

RW has a quickness in his elevation that is incredible RARE at the college level. Only a handful ever like him. Robert is under control with his leaps, and his hands are like velcro. Soft touch too. If he can develop a consistent midrange at the FT line - we can play hi-lo and triple threat all night long. When inside, RW's spin and post moves are slow...nothing like the 30 second Trocha backdowns. I hope I never see another one of those this year!!

Pray everyone stays healthy. Should be a fun year.
Jeff Patel
AG
bobinator said:

Not really, he was good off the bench and still played plenty of minutes.

Who cares how much he played in a game where we got absolutely blasted.

Coach Bobinator you have got the plan for this next season. We can start Williams on the bench and just let him play plenty of minutes.

Take a guy who was projected to be in the top 10 picks in the NBA draft and bring him off the bench for half the season.

And actually I do care how much he played in the Kentucky game and South Carolina game we lost by 2, and the Arizona game we lost by 4, and the UCLA game we lost by 7. Williams had backup minutes in all these games.
CapCityAg89
AG
Revisionist history. He wasn't in top 10 talks until the later quarter of the season. Your agenda is showing.
mpl35
AG
Can you not derail a good thread with this crap?
West Point Aggie
AG
He just looks "comfortable" doing his thing...like it comes sort of easy! Glad he's on our team!!
pattybrhg
Should we have started Deandre Jordan all year his year here too? He was projected higher and for longer.
GrayMatter
AG
Quote:

And actually I do care how much he played in the Kentucky game and South Carolina game we lost by 2, and the Arizona game we lost by 4, and the UCLA game we lost by 7. Williams had backup minutes in all these games.
We didn't lose those games because RW didn't play; we lost those games for other reasons.

What year were you watching? We lost to South Carolina by 11; a game where he started and played 31 minutes.

Kentucky: we know what didn't happen. The whole team didn't show up so it didn't matter whether he played or not, we still would have lost that game.

Arizona: Came off the bench and played 23 minutes with 4 personal fouls. I'm guessing that he didn't play more for fear of him picking up his 5th foul.

UCLA: came off the bench and played 23 minutes. It's kind of hard to win a game when you give up 12 3's while shooting 58% from the free throw line none of which really had anything to do with RW not being in the game.

Yep, your agenda is showing.

You're also projecting. Bob didn't suggest that we bring him off the bench regardless of minutes this year. He was stating the fact that it didn't matter whether he started or not (last year), he played significant minutes when it counted the most.
Pumpkinhead
AG
GE said:

After that first video I am super hyped for this season. Moreso than any in football or basketball since I've been an Aggie, with JFF's sophomore year running a distant second.
I feel pretty excited about this upcoming basketball season, probably about the same that I felt the summer of 2015 when the basketball roster just looked too loaded to fail.

But Manziel's sophomore season...that Alabama game in College Station...College Gameday, the entire college football world watching...all the hype and anticipation that had built and built over the summer to that one game...Saban vs. Johnny Football Round 2...the crowd at Midnight Yell that I think filled half the stadium...I literally was barely able to sleep that night. That may have been my #1 'most super hyped for an Aggie sporting event' moment.

GrayMatter
AG
Quote:

I feel pretty excited about this upcoming basketball season, probably about the same that I felt the summer of 2015 when the basketball roster just looked too loaded to fail.
Sounds like maybe you should make a hype video for the upcoming season.

Maybe we should ask Cold Chedda
jml2621
pattybrhg said:

Should we have started Deandre Jordan all year his year here too? He was projected higher and for longer.
Only if BCG remained.

RW's skills and mental maturity are far beyond Deandre's at that stage.
jml2621
Pumpkinhead said:

GE said:

But Manziel's sophomore season...that Alabama game in College Station...College Gameday, the entire college football world watching...all the hype and anticipation that had built and built over the summer to that one game...Saban vs. Johnny Football Round 2...the crowd at Midnight Yell that I think filled half the stadium...I literally was barely able to sleep that night. That may have been my #1 'most super hyped for an Aggie sporting event' moment.

If Hyman hadn't suspended our defenders just before the season started, and they had gotten game reps against Rice, etc. we would have won that Bama game.

Saban said the game took 10 years off his life! lol
jml2621
AggieBaller98 said:

Quote:

Sounds like maybe you should make a hype video for the upcoming season.

Maybe we should ask Cold Chedda

Pump(kin) sounds like that every year!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.