John Walker on campus yet?

4,673 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Method Man
BrandoC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mnuge
AG
Yes he is...
sincereag
John Walker lll
Pumpkinhead
AG
Everyone on the roster for next season is now on campus.
TyHolden
AG
He's always at my house

mdanyc03
AG
Skinny

GE
AG
mdanyc03 said:

Skinny

I love that we are at a point with the roster in which we can feel good about redshirting a guy like Walker.
billydean05
Don't speak so soon about redshirting people the inevitable 2-4 transfers before the end of the year has not yet occurred for 2017.
StanGundy
Yes they have. Smith, Eubanks (retired), Vila all gone. Keep up if you are going to be a smart a$$.
phorizt
Have we ever redshirted anyone since BK got here? Other than transfers.
Pumpkinhead
AG
phorizt said:

Have we ever redshirted anyone since BK got here? Other than transfers.
ummmm...Turgeon redshirted that Dan Alexander kid. That is maybe the last freshman recruit that I can remember offhand who was eligible to play but we redshirted.
Logan Lee
Staff
AG
The first workout he did was on a Friday morning at the sand pit. Tough introduction to say the least, but he made it through the entire workout.

REALLY SKINNY.

Oh, and likes to be called Trey.
Method Man
We tried to redshirt Alex R
GE
AG
Method Man said:

Which was REALLY dumb.
jml2621
GE said:

Method Man said:

Which was REALLY dumb.

Amen. ARob looked a LOT better in the scrummage game.
GE
AG
jml2621 said:

GE said:

Method Man said:

Which was REALLY dumb.
Amen. ARob looked a LOT better in the scrummage game.
Hell, he showed a bunch of potential as a fish too. Unless we were just 1000% convinced that Caldwell was going to be the guy last year and would play, then doing something to potentially run off Robinson didn't make sense.
BMOC86
AG
ARob + locker room = ???
Know Your Enemy
AG
Not this stupid ****ing argument again.
StanGundy
It is not stupid. It is a 100% fact. Ask anyone remotely close to program and you will get the truth and the same answer from all, all the way down to the freshmen student managers and academic support staff. I think it's funny that we are still talking about the football locker room being a better place now that Kyler's stench is gone, yet some people fail to see the same issue in the basketball locker room, where there are far less players and a much greater chance for one rotten banana to spoil the whole bunch. This was an issue for him in both HS and AAU, and anyone who follows DFW hoop scene closely knows this. It did not change when he arrived on the A&M campus.

I agree 1000% ARob was a talented player and the 16-17 team would have been much better with him (only because Caldwell ended up ineligible). I am happy to acknowledge that perhaps he's matured after sitting out a season and is getting the most out of his abilities. But I would not want to give up the Aggies first conference championship in 30 years just to have him on board last season.

Alex Robinson = Kyler Murray. Both had the same effects on the locker room. End of story.
Know Your Enemy
AG
You're not going to change anyone's mind. Just let it go already. He's long gone.
CactusThomas
AG
Junkhead said:

You're not going to change anyone's mind. Just let it go already. He's long gone.

Why does Stan have to let it go? Why don't you tell that to all the posters who love to criticize BK for getting rid of a locker room problem?

Everything Stan said about Alex is true - at least while he was at A&M - I don't know anything about how he was in hs or aau. Should have never recruited him, that was the mistake.
Know Your Enemy
AG
That is meant for everyone. There is no need to continue discussing the Alex Robinson situation here. It's been done to death ten times over and he hasn't been here in years. Whether he was a locker room cancer or Kennedy ****ed up the situation it doesn't ****ing matter anymore. No one's mind is being changed by anything that is posted on here. We have arguably the most talented roster in the history of the program right now so why should we continue to argue about a slightly above average PG that hasn't been an Aggie in years?
mallen
AG
Agree with Stan. Agree with Junkhead.
Method Man
I just brought it up as an example of the staff being willing to redshirt someone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.