This Mo Bamba (and brother) situation is weird

5,692 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bobinator
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone been following this story?

Kind of a weird and sad deal.
_lefraud_
AG
Um yea, what's the brother's angle here? Is he trying to be completely cut-off from his brother who will be a millionaire in less than a year?
GE
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Um yea, what's the brother's angle here? Is he trying to be completely cut-off from his brother who will be a millionaire in less than a year?
Hell hath no fury like a brother not chosen to be a handler and get paid by the University of Texas.
bobinator
AG
The Texas 247 site has a response from the handler and their article definitely frames this as a "the brother is troubled" angle. I have no idea what's true and what's not, although from everything I've read I definitely don't think the brother is exactly a reliable witness in this situation.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
Yawn....tu cheating with impunity is an age old story
Fightin Ag491
Our-turn-to-rule said:

Yawn....tu cheating with impunity is an age old story
I mean, I guess?

So far it doesn't seem like Texas was really involved with this guy at all. He said in a comment to his video that Texas wasn't involved, and Greer Love is a Michigan alumnus. Wouldn't he be pushing Bamba toward Michigan, who was in Bamba's top 4 teams?

The whole situation is weird. Maybe there's some deeper stuff we don't know, or maybe it's somebody that was spurned trying to get attention. I'm interested to see how it plays out

Regardless, sucks for Texas that accusations like this are out, groundless or not
Pumpkinhead
AG
bobinator said:

Anyone been following this story?

Kind of a weird and sad deal.
Honestly, not 'weird' to me because it seems like a story we've seen time and time again in sports, where you have family, 'handlers', and/or 'mentors' all trying to greedily grab a piece of the pie because some young high school kid looks like a winning lottery ticket.
bobinator
AG
It is sort of weird in that this case it at least seems like the 'mentor' is on the up and up and has helped a lot of other kids that weren't athletes. In fact from the 247 story it seems like Bamba is the only athlete he's really worked with.

Sounds like maybe he was trying to keep Mo from falling in with his destructive brother. Which has to be really tough but is sometimes for the best.

Anyway, there's a lot we don't know I'm sure, but it's a pretty bizarre story.
Hop
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

It is sort of weird in that this case it at least seems like the 'mentor' is on the up and up and has helped a lot of other kids that weren't athletes. In fact from the 247 story it seems like Bamba is the only athlete he's really worked with.

Sounds like maybe he was trying to keep Mo from falling in with his destructive brother. Which has to be really tough but is sometimes for the best.

Anyway, there's a lot we don't know I'm sure, but it's a pretty bizarre story.
Come on, Bobinator. There is no mentor on the up and up. None.
mdanyc03
AG
Looks like no big deal to me.
Max Power
AG
Can we at least find out what Durant got to go there before dealing with this?
AggieTFA06
AG
The family dinner involving these two is probably going to be very quiet.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Rock_Aggie
Family dinner won't be quiet at all. There had better be some serious security present. Even Mama may not control that one.
jml2621

Whorns gonna Whorn.
Logan Lee
Staff
AG
Max Power said:

Can we at least find out what Durant got to go there before dealing with this?

I have a friend who was on staff at Texas during the KD year and he refuses to even talk to me about KD's recruitment!!! I'm really interested to know what that deal was worth.
aggiebrad94
AG
Loved this from the peanut gallery comments:
Quote:

Stone Cold Locks
6 days ago
The NCAA will thoroughly investigate this matter, and 5 years from now will put UTEP on probaton.
monarch
S
As would be said on the streets, the bro at poolside "...is a punk-ass n!"

For tu's sake, I'm hoping this isn't true. Sounds like one brotha wants a pc of the other brothas wallet.
dallasiteinsa02
Ncca just ruled that no issue with his eligibility. If Texas is involved, they can review in 48 hours. We seem to have to have years of investigation of the littlest item.
Double Diamond
Have to play the game.
TXM Pride
Aggie bagmen need to back up the Brinks truck for Zion Williamson.
Double Diamond
Zion Williams the most overhyped overrated recruit in years. Kid can dunk I'll give you that.
Artimus Gordon
Could this "financial advisor" be a nike employee? Maybe mo's bro needs to talk to the FBI!
bobinator
AG
Of all the situations that could bring down Texas, I'm not sure this is one of them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.