Corprew to Texas Tech

3,474 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jml2621
BMOC86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
committed earlier this week.
bobinator
AG
Weird for a junior college player to transfer to another junior college but whatever
CactusThomas
AG
I believe it's spelled "Corpse" on this board.
rg4atm01
Did we try not to get into the picture again?
Method Man
YEs
GE
AG
Oh well. I was excited for him last year. This year, meh. We have four incoming guys I'm looking forward to just as much.
aggiejohn
AG
This is an interesting move. I wonder why he redshirted?

He RS'ed this last season and will play his first season this next year, so Tech will get him for three seasons starting in the fall of 2018.

On a semi-related topic, R. Mitchell (also at South Plains College) signed with Colorado State. You may remember him as a former Aggie commit.
Aggie87
AG
I was hoping he'd end up at A&M Corprew Christi.
Serious Lee
derrick roland type of player. slasher, not a shooter. not what we need
Pumpkinhead
AG
I think Corprew was not even an option yet to transfer from a JUCO to any of the SEC schools, because my understanding is that the SEC has some tougher restrictions on JUCO transfers compared to other conferences (see link below). Restrictions that apparently all of the SEC basketball coaches hate but it is what it is. So even if A&M had still been interested in Corprew, he hadn't done what he needed to do at a JUCO yet for them to try to grab him.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/sec-official-explains-origin-of-rare-rule-that-restricts-juco-recruiting/
Quote:

little-known rule that prevents SEC progams from recruiting a certain type of prospect -- specifically an academic non-qualifier who subsequently graduates from a junior college without spending at least three semesters at the junior college from which the prospect ultimately earns an associate degree.

txjortsagent
AG
I feel like he's going to be really good
jml2621
Uncle Gunnysack said:

derrick roland type of player. slasher, not a shooter. not what we need

We need gunners to stop double teams.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.