summer 2017 / Beast of the Week

8,234 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GrayMatter
agfan1030
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Week 1
steffekc
mdanyc03
AG
gordo97
AG
Dude looks depressed
GE
AG
So Tyler and Mark it is...I can't wait until they announce the other 3 starters
EliteZags
AG
Mark looks like the EA Sports recruit gamers modeled after themselves with juiced up stats that never misses from 3
Method Man
They shouldn't allow non basketball players to win the award unless it's just to motivate the real players.
Texashoops2020
Perhaps you should talk with Darby Rich about his decision to select Mr. French the winner ; as a former college and pro athlete I've trained this kid on numerous occasions and watched him play in some big games in HS - he came to A&m relatively unknown - was overlooked due to his size 5'9 and an injury suffered while playing for Team Texas ( EYBL) between his junior and senior year ; don't let his small stature fool you - this kid is tough as nails , can absolutely fly. ( 4.5 speed) , has incredible work ethic , D1 skill level and outstanding leadership ability ; led his high school teams to over 100 wins and 4 state final fours ; played for 3 top AAU programs - Team Penny ( NIKE ) - Memphis , Mike Miller ( Addidas ) and Team Texas ( Dallas ) - ; this kid is an absolute winner - on and off the court - before his career is over my bet is that he will help wins some games for this program ; to win championships a program has to have kids like this - high character/ leadership , second to none work ethic , gym rat types --- That are fanatically focused on winning and elevating everybody around them - ; your lowly comments about this kid hit a cord with me because of something I learned in playing this game for so long - you can't just assemble a bunch of selfish elite top 50 players , put them on the court and expect championships - it takes a combination of elite players and great role players combined - focused not on themselves but on the " Process and commitment " of becoming great and winning together - it's not about the pieces - it's about the puzzle !
GE
AG
Sometimes I think MM either tried to walk on in his day and didn't make it or had his girlfriend stolen by a walk on.
BBDP
AG

Impressive.
bobinator
AG
GE said:

Sometimes I think MM either tried to walk on in his day and didn't make it or had his girlfriend stolen by a walk on.
Or it's just his bit. He's been curating it for years.

The offseason is way too long
Aggiefan550
No matter what his reason, I find his comments about Texas A&M students who are representing us on our basketball team disgusting. Method Man is not a real Aggie. He doesn't live up to what we are about. To just be on the team, walk on or not is a huge achievement and something to be proud of, not torn down over. And then the amount of work these guys put in is unbelievable and would test even the strongest among us.
bobinator
AG
Yeah I'm not saying it's a good bit, it's just his bit.

I think most of us appreciate the hard work that walk-ons put into the program.
Method Man
GE said:

No. Just don't understand why we talk about them so much. If they're good it's a great story.
mdanyc03
AG
Method Man
Whoop! Good job Admon!
mdanyc03
AG
GE
AG
mdanyc03 said:

Who all is in that video? I saw Flagg for sure but there were a couple guys I didn't recognize immediately.
Pumpkinhead
AG
GE said:

mdanyc03 said:

Who all is in that video? I saw Flagg for sure but there were a couple guys I didn't recognize immediately.
I recognized at least the following players in this video:

D.J. Hogg
Savion Flagg
Robert Williams
J.J. Caldwell
Admon Gilder
Isiah Jasey
Tonny Trocha
GE
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

GE said:

mdanyc03 said:

D.J. Hogg
Savion Flagg
Robert Williams
J.J. Caldwell
Admon Gilder
Isiah Jasey
Tonny Trocha

I believe that is Nebo standing on Kyle field at the very end looking jacked with the afro.
Pumpkinhead
AG

Incoming freshman Jay Jay Chandler (push up position), Savion Flagg (black shirt behind Chandler), and T.J. Starks (far right).
Pumpkinhead
AG
Our freshman PG duo for next season. T.J. Starks (left) and J.J. Caldwell (right)

Hop
Staff
AG
GE said:

Pumpkinhead said:

GE said:

mdanyc03 said:

D.J. Hogg
Savion Flagg
Robert Williams
J.J. Caldwell
Admon Gilder
Isiah Jasey
Tonny Trocha

I believe that is Nebo standing on Kyle field at the very end looking jacked with the afro.
Yes, I saw Nebo. I didn't see Walker or Wilson. Wilson is still taking classes at Marquette to graduate. Walker may be there, but I didn't see him in the videos.
Inca
AG
Can't help but laugh at the guy on the left. I think a diet and some sit ups are in order.
GE
AG
Inca said:

Can't help but laugh at the guy on the left. I think a diet and some sit ups are in order.
It's the perspective combined with his skin tone, and kind of makes you either a hypocrite or an ******* for laughing
Wearamaskaggie
AG
That white dude is Mark French, definitely not a fat dude by any means lol simply an unflattering picture
Inca
AG
Lighten up. In that picture, he looks in not so great shape.
Method Man
He's the beast of a week!
PatAg
AG
No ***** If you saw that picture and didn't immediately think he looked like your avg Joe six pack you have issues. It's one thing to appreciate the hard work the walkons put in, and another to act like they are legit college bball players.

And method man is right, it's a bit silly to give them the award over someone that will contribute in a game. I understand why you do it.

Some of you sound like you are related to them at times.
mdanyc03
AG
AggieTFA06
AG
Am I foolish for calling this a gadget?
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
GE
AG
No, but it's probably foolish to be upset or concerned by that.
agfan1030
GE
AG
Crop that picture to the bottom of the belt and it starts looking kind of creepy.
mdanyc03
AG
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.