A&M Schedule 2017-2018

8,431 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jja79
AirlineAg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have dates of when we play non-conference games and who we will play? I know the schedule hasn't been released yet, but I am anxious to hear!!
Basketball and Chain
AG
Texas A&M's basketball team will face West Virginia on Nov. 10, 2017, at the Ramstein Air Base in Germany for the 2017 State Farm Armed Forces Classic, the school announced Friday.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/texasamaggies/2016/11/11/aggies-germany-texas-am-basketball-play-ramstein-air-base-west-virginia-2017
Basketball and Chain
AG
Kentucky will travel to West Virginia and Kansas will host Texas A&M in the Big 12/SEC Challenge.

The field for the annual event was announced Thursday, with all 10 games played on Jan. 27.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2017/05/25/big-12-sec-challenge-matchups-revealed
Basketball and Chain
AG
Penn State, Oklahoma State, Pittsburgh and Texas A&M highlight the field for the Legends Classic to be played in Brooklyn's Barclays Center in November.

The four schools will each host two regional round games on campus. The finals will be Nov. 20-21.

Joining Penn State, Oklahoma State, Pittsburgh and Texas A&M in the field are Pepperdine, Montana, Oral Roberts and UC-Santa Barbara.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/new-york/articles/2017-03-06/oklahoma-state-texas-a-m-highlight-2017-legends-classic
Serious Lee
the game against arizona is supposed to be part of a doubleheader on the first tuesday of december, IIRC
GrayMatter
AG
Also somewhere in November we owe a game to USC in California.
Serious Lee
i think that USC game will be december probly last game of semester, we're doing too much travelling already in november
Pumpkinhead
AG
West Virginia, Oklahoma State (probably), Arizona, @USC Trojans (true road game), @Kansas (true road game)....

Potentially the toughest non-conference schedule that Aggie Men's basketball has ever had?
Super Aggie 64
AG
http://www.gazellegroup.com/main/legends/legends-classic-preliminary-round-schedule-announced/

We get UCSB and Pepperdine for the Regional Round of the Legends Classic.

College Station Regional Rounds
Reed Arena College Station, Texas
November 17
UCSB at Texas A&M
November 24
Pepperdine at Texas A&M

2017-2018 Non-Conference Schedule
Nov 10 - vs. West Virginia (Ramstein Air Base, Germany)
Nov 17 - UCSB
Nov 20 - Legends Classic (Oklahoma State, Penn State, or Pittsburgh)
Nov 21 - Legends Classic (Oklahoma State, Penn State, or Pittsburgh)
Nov 24 - Pepperdine
Nov 26 - @Southern Cal
Dec 5 - vs. Arizona (Phoenix)
Jan 28 - @Kansas (Big12-SEC Challenge)
4 or 5 additional home games vs. mid-majors
jml2621
Basketball and Chain said:

Penn State, Oklahoma State, Pittsburgh and Texas A&M highlight the field for the Legends Classic to be played in Brooklyn's Barclays Center in November.

The four schools will each host two regional round games on campus. The finals will be Nov. 20-21.

Joining Penn State, Oklahoma State, Pittsburgh and Texas A&M in the field are Pepperdine, Montana, Oral Roberts and UC-Santa Barbara.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/new-york/articles/2017-03-06/oklahoma-state-texas-a-m-highlight-2017-legends-classic

We *should* win this. We'll see. Good trip, though and more airtime for the Ags and RW.
jml2621
jackbedz said:

Anyone have dates of when we play non-conference games and who we will play? I know the schedule hasn't been released yet, but I am anxious to hear!!

Schedule Release Date.
Serious Lee
@ USC - sunday november 26
West Point Aggie
AG
Yay I can watch Aggie basketball in the city!!!
Madaman
12th Man dot com

Nov. 3 TARLETON STATE (EXH) College Station, Texas
Nov. 10 vs. West Virginia Ramstein Air Base (Germany)
Nov. 17 UCSB College Station, Texas
Nov. 20 vs. Penn State / Pitt / Oklahoma State Brooklyn, N.Y. (Barclays Center)
Nov. 21 vs. Penn State / Pitt / Oklahoma State Brooklyn, N.Y. (Barclays Center)
Nov. 24 PEPPERDINE College Station, Texas
Nov. 26 at USC Los Angeles, Calif.
Nov. 30 UTRGV College Station, Texas
Dec. 5 vs. Arizona Phoenix, Ariz. (Talking Stick Resort Arena)
Dec. 9 PRAIRIE VIEW A&M College Station, Texas
Dec. 13 SAVANNAH STATE College Station, Texas
Dec. 19 NORTHERN KENTUCKY College Station, Texas
Dec. 21 BUFFALO College Station, Texas
Jan. 27 at Kansas ! Lawrence, Kan.

Pretty awful home slate
bankshot11
AG
That's a god awful home slate. Can't wait to hear the Kennedy apologists defend why we can't have more than 2k people in attendance for Savannah State on a Wednesday night.

I see easy losses to WVU, USC, Arizona, and Kansas. We might actually win that Brooklyn tournament though. Penn State is mediocre at best, Pitt is terrible since they lost Jamie Dixon, and Oklahoma State lost their coach to Illinois and their AD is even less committed to basketball than ours.
viper14
AG
9-5 to start the year is what I predict.
bingram1230
AG
I'm going to say 11-3 in non-conference. I will say we win one of those 4 road/neutral games, but I'm not sure which one.

If we don't win that Brooklyn tournament I'll be pissed, but just because I don't think we win 2 of those road games doesn't mean I don't think this team will be better. I like what we have on paper.
Know Your Enemy
AG
bankshot11 said:

Can't wait to hear the Kennedy apologists defend why we can't have more than 2k people in attendance for Savannah State on a Wednesday night.
Wearamaskaggie
AG
Easy loses? I don't see how you can say that when even with last years roster they weren't easy loses. In fact just from that statement I can already discredit the rest of your post because you're just a plain old headass.
bobinator
AG
YOU KNOW AS WELL AS I DO THAT THIS PLACE IS A HIVE OF KENNEDY APOLOGISTS
EKG1996
AG
The good news about our home Dec schedule is that we should be able to get our freshmen a lot of minutes.
greg.w.h
AG
bobinator said:

YOU KNOW AS WELL AS I DO THAT THIS PLACE IS A HIVE OF KENNEDY APOLOGISTS

I think we all agree no one needs to apologize for Billy Kennedy's coaching. That's Scott's job...
Pumpkinhead
AG
Dad's 45 year class reunion is weekend of Ole Miss game (Nov. 18th). Which is an away game but they typically all watch the game in the Alumni Center (or something along those lines).

I was planning to come up to the states and visit him in C.S. for that weekend anyways. Looks like I might come in Thursday night and then catch that Friday night Men's hoops game vs. UCSB as an extra.

Fun Ag sports memory regarding my dad's class reunions. Bunch of us all came to C.S. for his 40th renunion in November 2012. It was the @Alabama game when Johnny Football essentially won his Heisman. Gov. Rick Perry was there because he graduated same class as my dad. Few hundred people watching inside Alumni Center. When we won the game, obviously everybody super excited. Perry jumped on top of a table and started leading a yell practice. Good times.
mhayden
That is an absolutely embarrassing non-conference home schedule.

Good thing ticket prices went up.
bankshot11
AG
Ajm1115 said:

Easy loses? I don't see how you can say that when even with last years roster they weren't easy loses. In fact just from that statement I can already discredit the rest of your post because you're just a plain old headass.
Losses are still losses, and a lot of those games were nowhere near as close as the final score indicates
Serious Lee
ill give you the road games and zona cause they should be a preseason top 3 team, but west virginia? that game was lost when we put collins at point and he couldnt get the ball past midcourt. i dont expect them to be any better this year than last and we didnt have hogg for that game either.
bobinator
AG
Like... I know it's dumb to say we should beat West Virginia, USC, Arizona or Kansas, but I'm going to be a little disappointed if we don't snag one of those wins.

I'm not saying we should win any one specific game, but we should be able to get one of the four somehow if we're really as good as we think we should be.
GE
AG
Yes, definitely. If we don't snag at least one of those four, I will be pretty disappointed.
wacarnolds
AG
bobinator said:

Like... I know it's dumb to say we should beat West Virginia, USC, Arizona or Kansas, but I'm going to be a little disappointed if we don't snag one of those wins.

I'm not saying we should win any one specific game, but we should be able to get one of the four somehow if we're really as good as we think we should be.
statistically speaking, we should be expected to win at least one game. Just throwing out a 10% chance of winning either road game (@ Kansas and @ USC) and 25% chance of winning either neutral site game (WVU, Zona), the odds of losing all 4 would be less than 50-50 (45.6% to be exact). And I'd expect those %s to be a little bit higher come tip off, but even the most conservative expectations should still net a 1-3 result.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, I didn't want to do the math, but that's what I meant. Like, yeah we should probably lose each game individually, but when grouped as a whole we should win one.
Pumpkinhead
AG
bobinator said:

Yeah, I didn't want to do the math, but that's what I meant. Like, yeah we should probably lose each game individually, but when grouped as a whole we should win one.

That game vs West Virginia is a bit of an odd duck. Not only due to being the very first game of the season for both teams (West Virginia does not appear to even have an exhibition game scheduled beforehand like A&M does)...but also due to being played on a military base over in Germany.

A&M has a bunch of Aggie active service guys, so I'm thinking there may be quite a few guys rooting for Ags in the crowd...Now, the last time the Armed Forces Classic basketball game was played at Ramstein Air Base in Germany, they had an Attendance of 3,288.

So a bit fuzzy on what the court setup and venue atmosphere is going to actually be like.The Armed Forces Classic game in 2015 over at a Marine Corps Base in Japan was actually cancelled at halftime due to 'dangerous court conditions'. Pittsburgh was leading Gonzaga 37-35. And the game ending up not counting toward either team's record. So...just saying...

Anyways kind of difficult IMO putting a percentage on that game because of the unusual circumstances. The overseas travel. The military base venue. Very first game of season for both squads. Beats me.
Pumpkinhead
AG
bobinator said:

Adding another math example to the one that wac gave us, if hypothetically you had A&M with something like these percent chances to win:

West Virginia (in Germany) - 40%
Arizona (in Phoenix) - 20%
@USC - 20%
@Kansas - 10%

Then the chances of losing all 4 games would be:

(.6)X(.8)X(.8)X(.9) = 34.5%

So would only be about a 1 in 3 chance of losing all 4 of those games.

So, yeah, most likely Texas A&M will win at least one of those four. I'm really skeptical it will be @Kansas. I'll go with guessing we'll put an L on either WVU in Germany or get some payback @USC for a game that we choked away last year.
Chuck Gay
AG
Kansas has 10 home losses in Bill Self's 14 years there. They lost an OT game there in February last season that ended a 54 game home winning streak.

Feb 3 , 2007 against Texas A&M is one of those 10 losses over 14 seasons.
wacarnolds
AG
Chuck Gay said:

Kansas has 10 home losses in Bill Self's 14 years there. They lost an OT game there in February last season that ended a 54 game home winning streak.

Feb 3 , 2007 against Texas A&M is one of those 10 losses over 14 seasons.

Yeah a road game in Lawrence may be the hardest W in college basketball
Wearamaskaggie
AG
So what you're telling me is that A&M is due again?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.