Why would anyone by season tickets

2,395 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Hop
2nd Generation Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If there are no good home games other than league play. That's ridicules . At Arizona, at USC,at Kansas, West Virginia in Europe and home against St Francis. Just like two years ago we should have 2 or 3 good home games in Nov-Dec. what's the point of playing West Virgina in Europe? That makes no sense. Another thing is it wears out your team. Stupid
GE
BQ_90
AG
vast majority are buying them out of habit.

I got in on the mystery season tickets last year for like $80. I didn't know where my seat was, got it sent to me by flash 3 days before the game. Couldn't sell it. Most of the time they where in the downstairs corners.

I'd do it again at that price. But I'm not sure I'm buying full price season tickets.
GE
AG
I'm buying full season tickets again because this is going to be one of the most exciting Aggie teams in history to watch in person. I don't buy tickets to watch the opponents, I buy them to watch the Ags.
Madaman
not buying again (last season was my first)
I'll just buy flash seats as i have time to go to a game, it'll be wayyy cheaper that way, even on a per game basis.
bobinator
AG
The mystery season ticket was where it's at. Easy buy. 10/10, would buy again.

Also you play in Europe because it's going to be on ESPN on the first night of the season and it's a high profile game.

The last one there in 2012 was UCONN and Michigan State; those aren't exactly dumb programs.

But yes, our home non-con schedule is going to be brutal.
mdanyc03
AG
mengland said:

If there are no good home games other than league play. That's ridicules . At Arizona, at USC,at Kansas, West Virginia in Europe and home against St Francis. Just like two years ago we should have 2 or 3 good home games in Nov-Dec. what's the point of playing West Virgina in Europe? That makes no sense. Another thing is it wears out your team. Stupid
What is stupid exactly?

I buy season tickets because they are dirt cheap and I love going to basketball games. I have family/ work/ personal stuff that prevent me from going to about half of the games, so I sell those on flash seats and end up going to 8-10 home games for less than $5 a ticket net.

GE
AG
I don't know why this just popped into my head, but we're going to get to find out DAY 1 if JJ Caldwell is the real deal due to the opponent and stage.
2nd Generation Ag
Guys you are missing the point. Give your fans some games to get excited about
bobinator
AG
I think we get the point, but you take a matchup at Kansas and a guaranteed ESPN televised game on opening night 100 times out of 100.

That said, Texas is at home this year for the SEC/Big 12 so if our 2019 game isn't them at Reed I'm going to be pissed.
Expert Analysis
AG
a couple years ago we were spoiled with a schedule that we wont see very often. but damn, can we at least get a decent team or two at home every year.
bobinator
AG
I said this on another thread but I wish we'd have scheduled a home and home with Houston. They'd add a name to our home schedule but a team we should still beat, and then we could go there to open up their newly done arena next year.
GE
AG
bobinator said:

I said this on another thread but I wish we'd have scheduled a home and home with Houston. They'd add a name to our home schedule but a team we should still beat, and then we could go there to open up their newly done arena next year.
I think we need to make UH, Rice, TCU, and SMU semi-permanent opponents, for recruiting and fanbase building purposes.

Year 1: @ UH, @ SMU, home agains Rice and TCU
Year 2: home against UH and SMU, @Rice, @TCU
Year 3: @ UH, @ SMU, home agains Rice and TCU
Year 4: home against UH and SMU, @Rice, @TCU

and so on and so forth.

bobinator
AG
TCU is going to be hard because they're in the Big 12. Plus Rice is usually horrible, I don't know that they do anything for us.

I'm with you on SMU and UH though.

Ideally we'd also go home and home with Baylor and/or Texas every year also, but that doesn't seem to be feasible for some reason.
Aggie09Derek
AG
bobinator said:

It's not too late right?
bobinator
AG
True, our home schedule hasn't been released yet so I guess there's still hope
GE
AG
bobinator said:

TCU is going to be hard because they're in the Big 12. Plus Rice is usually horrible, I don't know that they do anything for us.

I'm with you on SMU and UH though.

Ideally we'd also go home and home with Baylor and/or Texas every year also, but that doesn't seem to be feasible for some reason.
There are always a few games we play in the noncon that don't really do anything for us. I'd just like to have one game each year in both Houston and Dallas for recruiting purposes and so fans that won't travel to watch a game but will if they're in town will come.
mhayden
No more neutral site games in any sport. It basically craps on season ticket holders.
Chuck Gay
AG
The neutral site games and away games in Dallas/Houston sound good but usually get lost in all the other things going on in those cities. Keep them at home.
miller0926
AG
free_mhayden said:

No more neutral site games in any sport. It basically craps on season ticket holders.

For RPI purposes, I don't know why we wouldn't just play a true road game against Zona. Only thing I can think of is getting paid to play in Phoenix.
bobinator
AG
I don't thinkvplaying games in those cities really matters for recruiting. That's an extremely overrated thing.
bobinator
AG
miller0926 said:

free_mhayden said:

For RPI purposes, I don't know why we wouldn't just play a true road game against Zona. Only thing I can think of is getting paid to play in Phoenix.

They didn't come to our home arena, why would we go to theirs?

I don't love the neutral site games but we wouldn't get a crowd the weekend before Christmas at home no matter who we were playing. We had freaking Baylor two years ago and there were like 8,000 people there tops.
miller0926
AG
bobinator said:

miller0926 said:

free_mhayden said:

They didn't come to our home arena, why would we go to theirs?

I don't love the neutral site games but we wouldn't get a crowd the weekend before Christmas at home no matter who we were playing. We had freaking Baylor two years ago and there were like 8,000 people there tops.

Do you think our chances of winning in Phoenix are that much better than in Tucson? If not, then why not play in Tucson and pick up a nice road win/loss instead of a neutral win/loss? That's all there really is to my argument.
bobinator
AG
I agree with the principle, but I don't like the idea of signing home-and-neutral deals
Tobias Funke
AG
I kind of agree with you, and I think you should use the money you would have spent on season tickets to take an English composition class.
TXAGBQ76
AG
1. Loyal fans
2. Pretty good roster
3. Don't want to risk letting a potentially good season pass them buy
monkeyaround
I buy season tickets to watch the Aggies, not the other team.
2nd Generation Ag
Monkey around if that's the case go watch practice
_lefraud_
AG
In addition to "buying" five or so wins, only schedule home & home with schools from Big10, Big12, Pac12, ACC and maybe the AAC. No neutral games outside of tournaments.

The Aggies should have a home and home with 2 of the following schools EVERY SINGLE year:

Texas
Tech
Baylor
Tcu
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
miller0926
AG
_lefraud_ said:

In addition to "buying" five or so wins, only schedule home & home with schools from Big10, Big12, Pac12, ACC and maybe the AAC. No neutral games outside of tournaments.

The Aggies should have a home and home with 2 of the following schools EVERY SINGLE year:

Texas
Tech
Baylor
Tcu
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State

Does anyone know if maybe we've been told not to schedule Baylor or Texas because of the possibility we were supposed to play one of them in the challenge?

Because there should definitely have been a deal in place by now.
bobinator
AG
We obviously haven't because we got a home and home with Baylor, it's just finding the balls to sign those deals into forever. We should absolutely play one of them every year. It benefits everyone.
Method Man
We should play UTx, Tech and Baylor every year. This isn't football.
_lefraud_
AG
I know of at least one big12 school that told all of their sports to not schedule a&m for anything when the move to the SEC initially happened, and I assume that directive came from the league office. That's been over five years now though...
CactusThomas
AG
Am I the only one who likes to see RW guarded by 6'6" guys that can't jump? We are going to have a very athletic team this season even apart from 44. Don't get me wrong, I love that we got Kentucky at home, what, 3 or 4 years in a row? But I still like seeing us up against the likes of Our Lady of the Lake Veracruz Junior College and Boarding School.
GE
AG
CactusThomas said:

Am I the only one who likes to see RW guarded by 6'6" guys that can't jump? We are going to have a very athletic team this season even apart from 44. Don't get me wrong, I love that we got Kentucky at home, what, 3 or 4 years in a row? But I still like seeing us up against the likes of Our Lady of the Lake Veracruz Junior College and Boarding School.
Same, especially in person
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.