Tyler Davis Free Throw Shooting

2,718 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ulrich
Craigy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I believe I could increase his free throw percentage to 85%. He is already has a great stroke but he needs adjustments on his release point plus other mechanical issues. This would add a couple of PPG to his stats. I hope he gets with someone that could spend some time with him to help him achieve this.
Method Man
He changed his shot up this season and it really messed it up for a little bit. So much arc.
Bondag
AG
wacarnolds
AG
If you could increase his FT shooting to 85%, you could probably make a lot of money.
greg.w.h
AG
http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/canyon-barry-player-stats
greg.w.h
AG
His dad is wrong. Not everyone can shoot 90% from the line.
Agnzona
Most anyone could shoot 80% with a little help and practice but athletes are to cool for free throws.
StanGundy
^ LOL
Ulrich
I would be willing to bet that even DeAndre shoots over 80% in practice.
GE
AG
Ulrich said:

I would probably be willing to take that bet
Ulrich
GE said:

Ulrich said:

I would probably be willing to take that bet

I watched him in shoot around a few times at A&M knocking down 15' no-jumpers like it was nothing.

My real point though is that lots of people think it's easy because they can knock down 16 out of 20 in an empty gym at resting heart rate without leaving the stripe. There's a pretty big difference in the difficulty level. Do a couple suicides, throw yourself into a wall, and take two shots. Now wait 15 minutes before repeating the entire exercise. That's a better approximation.
Agnzona
I think its easy because some old guy traveling around to malls can make 1000 in a row. Its technique and mental which can all be improved. If I coach college or NBA I'd have a policy that anyone shooting less than 75% has to shoot underhanded. Watch their percentage soar.
Ulrich
Agnzona said:

I think its easy because some old guy traveling around to malls can make 1000 in a row. Its technique and mental which can all be improved. If I coach college or NBA I'd have a policy that anyone shooting less than 75% has to shoot underhanded. Watch their percentage soar.

The only person on earth whose career consists of shooting free throws under perfect conditions is really good at shooting free throws under perfect conditions? Call the papers!

I doubt he's any better at practice free throws than 20-30 current NBA players, and the all-time career record is still only 90.4%
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.