Reed getting some new video boards

3,214 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Yell Practice
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

http://12thman.com/news/2017/4/26/mens-basketball-texas-am-brings-true-hd-video-experience-to-reed-arena.aspx

Although it's going to be sad to see the ol' litebrite go...
CactusThomas
AG
"The new atmosphere inside Reed Arena will be unparalleled in college basketball with true HD centerhung displays, a large end wall display and a 360-degree ribbon. It's going to be an awesome place to watch live events take place."
mdanyc03
AG
Quote:

"It also provides the opportunity to highlight sponsors throughout events"

CactusThomas
AG
Ricos
mdanyc03
AG
That picture is also like one of those "circle ten things wrong with this picture" in a kids' coloring book.

12:07 left in the second half but both teams are on the floor warming up and we are sawing 'em off. And we appear to be playing a&m cc but Reed is packed with students.
CactusThomas
AG
Looks more like they are showing past game highlights while the team warms up against Vandy and the fans saw varsity's horns off.
Yell Practice
Sounds Exciting !
agfan1030
Quote:

Texas A&M Athletics has partnered with Daktronics to bring the first true 1080 HD video displays in a college basketball venue with new centerhung videoboards. The two true HD displays are part of a four-display centerhung configuration and accompanied by a large end wall video display as well as a 360-degree ribbon display circling the arena's interior.

Quote:

Two true HD displays, which are slated to be installed for the fall semester, will face the sides of the arena and measure roughly 24 feet high by 42 feet wide. The two end displays on the rectangular centerhung system will measure approximately 12.5 feet high by 21 feet wide. All four displays will feature full black package LEDs on a tight 6-millimeter line spacing to bring crisp, clear imagery to fans throughout Reed Arena
greg.w.h
AG
If this fixes the embarrassing scoring system to broadcaster interface, I'm all in. I wrote to Bill Byrne about it and he claimed it was going to be addressed in 2011 but it keeps happening. Also has happened in other sports though I presume the cause in other cases might have been different than in the Reed situation (the scoreboard vendor was reported to have well known issues with that kind of integration.)
75AG
AG
I want beer in Section 106. Now that we have a nice scoreboard, I want beer
bobinator
AG
Beer would help a lot.

I can't believe the whole conference doesn't start allowing alcohol sales at basketball games.
BQ_90
AG
bobinator said:

Beer would help a lot.

I can't believe the whole conference doesn't start allowing alcohol sales at basketball games.
It sure would have helped me a lot at the Tenn game this year.
Olsen
AG
This is awesome! Now Reed is a college version of an NBA arena!
Olsen
AG

Goose
AG
bobinator said:

Beer would help a lot.

SEC Basketball caters to Kentucky, and they don't need alcohol vendors at the games; most of them are already lit up on moonshine well before, during, and after the game anyways.
redd38
AG
Dibs on the old video board! That'll look sweet hanging in my living room.
TXAggie2011
AG
mdanyc03 said:

That picture is also like one of those "circle ten things wrong with this picture" in a kids' coloring book.

12:07 left in the second half but both teams are on the floor warming up and we are sawing 'em off. And we appear to be playing a&m cc but Reed is packed with students.

New Orleans and Vanderbilt
Method Man
mdanyc03 said:

POTBANGER!!!
Legal Custodian
AG
I wish they would replace the siding they have on that second level. Put up some brick or something. It looks pretty bad
Bunk Moreland
Legal Custodian said:

I wish they would replace the siding they have on that second level. Put up some brick or something. It looks pretty bad

Agree. Makes Reed look like an expo center when you walk inside and see it. Paint it maroon and put an awesome image on the wall...maybe a silhouette of The Shot.
Expert Analysis
AG
we dont waste time going through video boards...not sure how this imporves the atmosphere
tierrajfoster
hello
Leander - Ag
AG
Legal Custodian said:

This
75AG
AG
Leander - Ag said:

Legal Custodian said:

This
Nah, that siding gives Reed a "G. Rollie White" feel.
greg.w.h
AG
75AG said:

Leander - Ag said:

Legal Custodian said:

This
Nah, that siding gives Reed a "G. Rollie White" feel.

Absolutely nothing wrong with looking cheap and multi-purpose...
Topher17
AG
bobinator said:

Beer would help a lot.

I know it's not the point of the thread, but I 100% agree. It's a struggle to get friends to go to games with me unless we're really good. I can guarantee if beer was sold, it'd be much easier to convince them to tag along.
Yell Practice
mullokmotx
AG
I'm sure Pat Henry is happy to see Reed Arena getting upgrades before he gets an outdoor track. After all, he only has 8 outdoor national titles here.
Tobias Funke
AG
mullokmotx said:

I'm sure Pat Henry is happy to see Reed Arena getting upgrades before he gets an outdoor track. After all, he only has 8 outdoor national titles here.

While I agree with your main point that we need to be getting Pat what he wants, it really has nothing to do with this.
EliteZags
AG
Is that from like 04 when we were wearing 2 shirts to games
Method Man
mullokmotx said:

He probably should've coached a sport that doesn't hemorrhage money.
Expert Analysis
AG
They are currently building an outdoor track....
jml2621
Goose said:

bobinator said:

Beer would help a lot.

SEC Basketball caters to Kentucky, and they don't need alcohol vendors at the games; most of them are already lit up on moonshine well before, during, and after the game anyways.
jml2621
Expert Analysis said:

They are currently building an outdoor track....

TG
jml2621
Method Man said:

mullokmotx said:

He probably should've coached a sport that doesn't hemorrhage money.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.