UK

6,968 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wacarnolds
Legalize-It-Ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mikesyracuse1 said:

That gives U.K. 6 five star recruits for next year if Diallo pulls out of the draft. I expect him to stay in however.

Mikesyracuse1

So if Kentucky gets Mo Bamba and Diallo stays, we get beat by 40, maybe 50?... again. At least we got Savion Flagg
Pumpkinhead
AG
concon22 said:

mikesyracuse1 said:

That gives U.K. 6 five star recruits for next year if Diallo pulls out of the draft. I expect him to stay in however.

Mikesyracuse1

So if Kentucky gets Mo Bamba and Diallo stays, we get beat by 40, maybe 50?... again. At least we got Savion Flagg

If you look at A&M's games vs Kentucky the past several years during Calipari's era there, they have generally been competitive. We have beaten them twice, and three of the losses went in OT.

We pulled in a top-15 ish ranked recruiting class for 2017. It is pointless to bother comparing recruiting to Kentucky because nobody recruits like they do. Maybe only Duke and a couple of other schools even have the ways and means to try to belong in the conversation. But Calipari's NBA D-League recruiting model at Kentucky is unique and uncopyable by 99% of the other university programs,
GE
AG
I'll put Davis and Gilder as juniors and Williams as a sophomore up against any three freshmen in the country
Pumpkinhead
AG
mikesyracuse1 said:

Mikesyracuse1

But now no longer looks like that grad transfer will go there?

If they go into next year with a roster that has almost no college experience, will still be interesting to watch. As Cal's teams usually have been.

Legalize-It-Ags
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

mikesyracuse1 said:

Mikesyracuse1

If they go into next year with a roster that has almost no college experience, will still be interesting to watch. As Cal's teams usually have been.

Johnson is more concerned with what Diallo is going to do. I think uk still gets him and bamba but lose diallo to the draft.

I don't care what upperclassmen we have, we won't stand a chance against that in Lexington.
Aggies1322
AG
concon22 said:

Pumpkinhead said:

mikesyracuse1 said:

Mikesyracuse1

Johnson is more concerned with what Diallo is going to do. I think uk still gets him and bamba but lose diallo to the draft.

I don't care what upperclassmen we have, we won't stand a chance against that in Lexington.

Oh God... You're right. No one can compete with that. Geez, I guess that's why they win the natty every single year. Oh wait.
GE
AG
concon22 said:

Pumpkinhead said:

mikesyracuse1 said:

Mikesyracuse1

Legalize-It-Ags
AG
GE said:

concon22 said:

Pumpkinhead said:

mikesyracuse1 said:

Mikesyracuse1

I'm not typically concerned when Kentucky doesn't have a defensive post presence. However, if you look at years where they have had that and a complete team (12,14,15), they have played a level above everyone else. Not saying we can't beat them. Last I checked, we had a pretty good post presence too. But if Kentucky is able to create consistent offense off of their defense (which is how calipari likes to play) then it will be them and everyone else. Plus this years draft is pretty strong and a lot of really good talent is exiting the college level. I don't think this next year will be a great year for college basketball as a whole.

I still think our game with them will be fun though. Bamba (if they get him and lets face it, they probably will) against Williams and Green against J.J. will be fun. Flagg will also be able to defend multiple positions. I don't think our chances are great, but if Hogg shoots better and we can take care of the ball, we should make it very competitive. I still think we get slaughtered in Lexington.
GE
AG
concon22 said:

GE said:

concon22 said:

Pumpkinhead said:

mikesyracuse1 said:

Mikesyracuse1

I'm not typically concerned when Kentucky doesn't have a defensive post presence. However, if you look at years where they have had that and a complete team (12,14,15), they have played a level above everyone else. Not saying we can't beat them. Last I checked, we had a pretty good post presence too. But if Kentucky is able to create consistent offense off of their defense (which is how calipari likes to play) then it will be them and everyone else. Plus this years draft is pretty strong and a lot of really good talent is exiting the college level. I don't think this next year will be a great year for college basketball as a whole.

I still think our game with them will be fun though. Bamba (if they get him and lets face it, they probably will) against Williams and Green against J.J. will be fun. Flagg will also be able to defend multiple positions. I don't think our chances are great, but if Hogg shoots better and we can take care of the ball, we should make it very competitive. I still think we get slaughtered in Lexington.
I've come to believe that teams with very good talent and a lot of experience are better than teams with elite talent that lack experience playing together. Both A&M and UK will be completely different teams this season than last season so it will be fun to watch.

I don't think they are coming to College Station though so we'll have to beat them at their place and/or Nashville. If we get them early in the conference season I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we walk away from Rupp with the W.
Craigy
John Calapari IS Kentucky basketball. His goal is to prepare his players to play professionally. That's his goal so that is UK basketball goal. He has said this numerous times.The SEC and tourney goals are made up in the fans heads as goals.
jml2621
Oilfield Aggie12 said:

Sometimes just seems unfair

http://www.espn.com/recruiting/basketball/story/_/id/19326360/kevin-knox-five-star-recruit-chooses-kentucky-florida-state-duke-north-carolina

Guess KY will start 5 F/Cs.
jml2621
GE said:

concon22 said:

Pumpkinhead said:

mikesyracuse1 said:

Mikesyracuse1

If our guards play well, we have a chance.
mikesyracuse1
GE said:

concon22 said:

GE said:

concon22 said:

Pumpkinhead said:

mikesyracuse1 said:

Mikesyracuse1

I don't think they are coming to College Station though so we'll have to beat them at their place and/or Nashville.

The SEC Tournament is in St Louis this year.

Mikesyracuse1
GE
AG
mikesyracuse1 said:

GE said:

concon22 said:

GE said:

concon22 said:

Pumpkinhead said:

mikesyracuse1 said:

Mikesyracuse1

I don't think they are coming to College Station though so we'll have to beat them at their place and/or Nashville.

The SEC Tournament is in St Louis this year.

Mikesyracuse1
Thanks that is good to know. Would rather it stay in Nashville but oh well.
mikesyracuse1
St. Louis will get the SEC tourney in 2018, and Tampa will have it in 2022.

The SEC tournament will be played in Nashville, Tennessee, in the other years between 2019and 2025.

Mikesyracuse1
Know Your Enemy
AG
St. Louis is a ****hole.
LawHall88
AG
concon22 said:

GE said:

concon22 said:

Pumpkinhead said:

mikesyracuse1 said:

Mikesyracuse1

Bamba just committed to Texas.
mikesyracuse1
I think he wants to be showcased and he saw how bam was used with all the other 5 stars at UK last season.

Mikesyracuse1
Pumpkinhead
AG
Kentucky message board fans now melting down. Losing out on Bamba and Diallo *probably* not coming back has the UK fan emotional roller coaster going straight from a 'We are going to go 40-0!' high to a 'I hate Calipari's one-and-done NBA-first model, going to just have another Elite Eight team again next year which makes me not want to even watch' depression.
Pumpkinhead
AG
mikesyracuse1 said:

I think he wants to be showcased and he saw how bam was used with all the other 5 stars at UK last season.

Mikesyracuse1
The horns had to be super desperate to get him after that horrible season last year and then losing all their bigs including Allen skating off to the draft.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Interesting news. UK is going to be playing all freshmen, none of which are sure thing lottery-type players.
mikesyracuse1
Reports that Diallo is withdrawing his name from the draft and returning to UK.

http://kentucky.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Hamidou-Diallo-returning-to-Kentucky-52873178

mikesyracuse1
wacarnolds
AG
mikesyracuse1 said:

Reports that Diallo is withdrawing his name from the draft and returning to UK.

http://kentucky.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Hamidou-Diallo-returning-to-Kentucky-52873178

mikesyracuse1

Yeah he back. Should be a fun season in conference
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.