Some future NCAAT sites announced today

2,285 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bobinator
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2019:
Opening weekend: Columbia, Hartford, Columbus, Des Moines, Tulsa, Jacksonville, Salt Lake City, Seattle
Regionals: Washington DC, Kansas City, Louisville, Anaheim
Final Four: Minneapolis

2020:
Opening weekend: Alabany, Cleveland, St. Louis, Omaha, Greensboro, Tampa, Sacramento, Spokane
Regionals: NYC, Indianapolis, Houston, LA
Final Four: Atlanta

2021:
Opening weekend: Providence, Detroit, Wichita, Lexington, Dallas, Raleigh, San Jose, Boise
Regionals: Brooklyn, Minneapolis, Denver, Memphis
Final Four: Indianapolis

2022:
Opening weekend: Portland, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Fort Worth, Greenville, San Diego
Regionals: Philadelphia, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco
Final Four: New Orleans
bobinator
AG
The 2022 Ft. Worth -> San Antonio -> New Orleans path to the national championship will be awesome

2019's sites are garbage
GrayMatter
AG
The 2018 path to the Final Four isn't too shabby either.

Opening Weekend: Dallas, Dayton, Pittsburgh, Wichita, Boise, Charlotte, Detroit, Nashville, San Diego
Regionals: Los Angeles, Atlanta, Boston, Omaha
Final Four: San Antonio
bobinator
AG
Yeah, next year's tournament setup is nice for a Texas-based team which is probably why 2019's absolutely sucks.
miller0926
AG
The Houston regional will take place in Toyota Center instead of NRG. I went to the Baylor-Duke Elite 8 game back in 2010 and it was awful.
mikesyracuse1
I love it when the final four is either in New Orleans or San Antonio. Great city venue for the fans and not so spread out like Houston when they hosted in the past.

mikesyracuse1
bobinator
AG
A weird wild card in next year's seeding could be Wichita State if they're really good. Wichita is hosting first and second round games at Intrust Bank Arena which isn't Wichita State's arena but they play a game there every year and they're the host school, along with the MVC. Adding to the complication is that they aren't going to be in the MVC next season, but that's maybe a question for another day.

I wouldn't think that WSU would be eligible to play at Intrust Bank Arena for the NCAA's, but I don't know that for sure, but if they aren't, then there next closest site would be Dallas, which could potentially bump a Texas team out of there if Wichita is seeded higher.

Say Wichita is a 2 seed and TCU and us are 3 seeds, the lower ranked 3 seed would get bumped to Wichita because Wichita has to play in Dallas.
The Collective
AG
Where will they be playing in Fort Worth?
bobinator
AG
I'm sure it will be called something else before it's open, but for now it's the "Fort Worth Arena"

CactusThomas
AG
Wellborn, TX stiffed again.
_lefraud_
AG
Dickies Arena in Fort Worth
The Collective
AG
Oh yah, I forgot they were building an arena in the cultural district.
Hop
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

The 2022 Ft. Worth -> San Antonio -> New Orleans path to the national championship will be awesome

2019's sites are garbage
Are you kidding? I'd give up my obsession of Frank Martin if we could have a reunion tour in Jacksonville in 2019. That was a helluva road trip in 2006.
Tobias Funke
AG
Hop said:

bobinator said:

2019's sites are garbage
Are you kidding? I'd give up my obsession of Frank Martin if we could have a reunion tour in Jacksonville in 2019. That was a helluva road trip in 2006.

I made out with a dance team member
bobinator
AG
Yeah, I mean Jacksonville was fun, most of our group wasn't 21 yet so Tobias had to buy us all beer before he went out on the town to find that bar that we helped move a giant fish tank to earlier in the day. But we weren't smart enough to bring a cooler so the beer was just in a bathtub full of ice all day. It was a classy trip...

I just prefer sites closer to home. Obviously we'll make the most of any city.

Hop, I assume you've already saved the nearest Hooters to each arena in google maps?
Hop
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

Yeah, I mean Jacksonville was fun, most of our group wasn't 21 yet so Tobias had to buy us all beer before he went out on the town to find that bar that we helped move a giant fish tank to earlier in the day. But we weren't smart enough to bring a cooler so the beer was just in a bathtub full of ice all day. It was a classy trip...

I just prefer sites closer to home. Obviously we'll make the most of any city.

Hop, I assume you've already saved the nearest Hooters to each arena in google maps?

I've mapped out all Hooter's in the continental U.S., Hawaii, and Guam. Oh, and that new Bryan Hooter's by the Premiere Cinema that was just announced. Unfortunately being on the southwest part of town, that will be a 25 minute drive.
txag72
AG
4 sites total in Texas and 2 of those are in the last year. Sounds like the NCAA to me. California 6.
txag72
AG
sleepybeagle
AG
Of course all of this is predicated on none of these cities/states passing any legislation that the offends those in power.
mhayden
I can't really see how any group anywhere could object to a place called Dickies Arena.
Sandman23
AG
I'm planning on going to the opening rounds in Dallas next year, regardless of who is playing there. Will be my first tournament game experience. Pretty stoked.
bobinator
AG
If you go to Dallas and we're playing somewhere else I'll fight you
Sandman23
AG
bobinator said:

If you go to Dallas and we're playing somewhere else I'll fight you
Should have added that caveat...
Sandman23
AG
Brings up a good hypo though. What bizarre sequence of events would need to happen to get us in the Dallas site?

Edit: Let's assume, for the sake of argument, Baylor, SMU, and TCU make the dance.
bobinator
AG
We just need to be seeded higher than them. Sites go in seed order to the top 16 seeds. Though I pointed out the potentially bizarre deal with Wichita State earlier in the thread that could potentially muddy the waters a bit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.