One and Not Done

2,419 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jml2621
mikesyracuse1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ESPN is premiering a new 30 for30 on Thursday night on John Calipari called "One and Not Done". Those shows are usually entertaining and will be interesting to see how they frame Cals career.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/john-clay/article144032034.html

Mikesyracuse1
bobinator
AG
It's weird to me to try and frame a career that's ongoing, especially when it doesn't appear to be anywhere near the end.
mikesyracuse1
bobinator said:

It's weird to me to try and frame a career that's ongoing, especially when it doesn't appear to be anywhere near the end.

I agree
Method Man
Free advertising and not an interesting story imo.
bobinator
AG
Method Man said:

Yeah... the fact that the blowhards that cover UK all seem to think it's 'fair' probably means it's a giant fluff piece that writes off his troubles as "just a poor kid trying to make it" type stuff.
TXAggie2011
AG
bobinator said:

Method Man said:

Yeah... the fact that the blowhards that cover UK all seem to think it's 'fair' probably means it's a giant fluff piece that writes off his troubles as "just a poor kid trying to make it" type stuff.

Why didn't y'all watch it before passing judgement?
bobinator
AG
I mean, I'll probably watch it, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about it/predict what it's going to be about.
PatAg
AG
Hopefully they blast him for his shady recruiting tactics and what went down with Memphis
bobinator
AG
PatAg said:

Hopefully they blast him for his shady recruiting tactics and what went down with Memphis
That's sort of what I'm saying. I bet they do, but then under a veil of a "he just wanted to win so bad because of how he grew up..." kind of a thing.
greg.w.h
AG
Big Blue Nation brings eyeballs...
TexAg15
AG
The commercials didn't make it feel like a 30 for 30. It felt more like a documentary that Fox Sports Southwest would do on an affiliate team.
Method Man
TXAggie2011 said:

bobinator said:

Method Man said:

Why didn't y'all watch it before passing judgement?

Because it's not a story that interests me. I'll need at least 3-4 people I trust to tell me it's good to watch it.
Serious Lee
i forget, what exactly did go down at memphis? was he already in cahoots with world wide wes?
Basketball and Chain
AG
Uncle Gunnysack said:

i forget, what exactly did go down at memphis? was he already in cahoots with world wide wes?

he's been a cheat since his Marcus Camby UMASS days

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/03/26/sports/ncaabasketball/coach-caliparis-wonderful-life-begin-the-disclaimers.html

The NCAA has let him throw his hands up in shock twice. It's pathetic.
wacarnolds
AG
Uncle Gunnysack said:

The main thing was Derrick Rose's fake SAT
Biz Ag
AG
Based on the thread title, I thought the post was going to be about Robert Williams.
mikesyracuse1
That would have been a good guess.

mikesyracuse1
TheAggiesAreWe03
AG
Think Hop had a cameo when they showed the A&M vs Kentucky game from last year at Reed.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Really can't stand him, but I can't blame him or the players

Really hope waiting another year doesn't hurt Robert Williams

bobinator
AG
Anyone watch it?
DeangeloVickers
AG
I watched it...

Again a commercial for his one and done way......hell it made seem that he was a victim...refs dont give him calls...he is selfless in his pursuit for doing whats best for the kids....he destroys their scholarship so they cant come back..

In a sleazy business he's the the top sleaze ball

REALLY wish they would've did some journalism on the World Wide Wes side of the story

And Maybe Cal is better for these kids than other options.....Im honestly terrified for Robert Williams this coming year....I want him to get paid and see him take care of his family....if he gets injured or Aggie basketball sucks...Im going to be really depressed
bobinator
AG
I'm not that worried about Williams. Again, to me, if he didn't go it's because he got feedback that he wouldn't actually be a surefire lottery pick and could potentially fall quite a bit.

If he works this offseason to make that midrange shot more consistent he'll be a definite lottery pick. Heaven forbid he show that he can hit that three point shot even remotely consistently.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Ryno01 said:

Im honestly terrified for Robert Williams this coming year....
Michigan State fans don't look terrified about Bridges coming back...

mdanyc03
AG
Quote:

Again, to me, if he didn't go it's because he got feedback that he wouldn't actually be a surefire lottery pick and could potentially fall quite a bit.
I don't understand why it is impossible to believe that people could consider other factors besides where they will go in the draft.
bobinator
AG
Because it's just insanely rare.
GE
AG
If A&M can get to the point where we routinely can compete with UK by having experienced upperclassmen who are also very good players but not phenom's like Kentucky's one and done guys, I like our approach better. Gives the fans longer to follow the college careers of these players and see them develop which is something I find interesting and also builds a stronger connection between the player and the school/program.
wacarnolds
AG
GE said:

If A&M can get to the point where we routinely can compete with UK by having experienced upperclassmen who are also very good players but not phenom's like Kentucky's one and done guys, I like our approach better. Gives the fans longer to follow the college careers of these players and see them develop which is something I find interesting and also builds a stronger connection between the player and the school/program.
Yes, if we can become one of the best programs in the nation, a lot of A&M fans will like that.
GE
AG
wacarnolds said:

GE said:

Yes, if we can become one of the best programs in the nation, a lot of A&M fans will like that.
Well yeah, of course they would. I was just saying that I would enjoy having one of the best programs that was good the traditional way instead of the UK method of reloading one and done guys every season.
Double Diamond
Loved the Umass stuff. That was when Calipari really was good. More pure straight up coaching. He built that thing into a power.
jml2621
Will not watch or click.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.