Lavar Ball - UCLA lost to Kentucky bc they had too many white players

3,618 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FTAG 2000
Pumpkinhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This Ball guy telling it like it is!

Ironic though how a white former walk-on UNC player made the final shot to beat UK in the very next game...

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/04/06/lavar-ball-lonzo-ucla-kentucky-loss-slow-white-guys

Quote:

In an interview with the Orange County Register, Ball discussed the Bruins' tourney exit, heaping the blame on UCLA's white players for being unathletic and revealing Lonzo apparently had a hamstring injury.

"Realistically you can't win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow," Ball said.

Method Man
UNC and zags have some SUPER quick bigs. Meeks is a regular Shawn Kemp.
mikesyracuse1
Pumpkinhead said:

This Ball guy telling it like it is!

Ironic though how a white former walk-on UNC player made the final shot to beat UK in the very next game...

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/04/06/lavar-ball-lonzo-ucla-kentucky-loss-slow-white-guys
What an idiot. Two more years of this nonsense at UCLA.

As a head coach, he would drive me crazy having his boys on the team and I would have every assistant coach working to keep him away from me. I blame ESPN for continuing to give him the opportunity to say more stupid things every time they put a microphone in his face.

mikesyracuse1
Pumpkinhead
AG
Mike, I will be curious to see if his son gets extra abused in the NBA partly because his dad won't shut up.

College is one thing, but the NBA is full of grown men and LeBron James already publically told Lavar Ball to shut-up when Ball said his kids were better athletes than James' kids.

Then of course there was Steph Curry and Steve Kerr laughing off reporter's questions about what they thought of Lavar Ball's comment that Lonzo was a better player than Curry.

Lonzo seems like a legit NBA talent but how good an NBA player remains to be seen. And his helicopter dad is out there throwing out statement after statement potentially drawing targets on his kid's back.
wangus12
AG
Man, if someone said 3 black kids weren't good enough to win a National Championship, there would be riots in the streets
Know Your Enemy
AG
What an ass. I almost hope his kids all flop because of his diarrhea mouth.
bobinator
AG
Like 90% of me is sure that Lavar is an idiot, but 10% thinks he might be some kind of genius.
LouisvilleAg
AG
wangus12 said:

Man, if someone said 3 black kids weren't good enough to win a National Championship, there would be riots in the streets
White kids are the minority in basketball. It is definitely racism. It is just accepted racism.
StanGundy
The middle son LiAngelo, who will be attending UCLA this fall, is not even a Top 100 recruit. Likely wouldn't have even been offered by UCLA had he not been sandwiched between Lonzo and LaMelo. He doesn't possess even 1/3 of the game or athleticism that Lonzo has.

I'm sure we'll have to listen to Lavar next season talk about how Alford should be playing him more, while at the same time spouting off about Lonzo and how he is the best NBA rookie since MJ.
TMartin
Is that like going to work and having too many.....................
zmurda
absolutely despise First Take and everything it stands for, but did turn on this morning to see their take on this. Unfortunately...and can't believe I'm saying this....Stephen A was not on. However, I was shocked to see Max Kellerman basically defend Lavar's comments under the premise that he can say whatever he wants to about whites b/c of this country's history. I guess I honestly can't think of a dumber argument. So, when does you allowance for racial retaliation end....2027? 2567? 3118?
Nino Brown
Lavar is black? Maybe they lost because Lonzo's skin isn't dark enough? Guess you shouldn't of married a white woman bro.
bobinator
AG
Not for nothing, but he knows UCLA beat Kentucky earlier this season right?
GrayMatter
AG
Junkhead said:

What an ass. I almost hope his kids all flop because of his diarrhea mouth.
I don't think you have to hope too much. He's kind of setting up his kids to fail by putting unnecessary pressure on them. They can ball but there's a lot of different ingredients that makes an NBA player successful that I don't think they can match the hype that their dad is making them out to be. At best, I see them as role players, but not superstars.

I don't know enough about them to make a snap judgement whether they will be successful, but their dad isn't doing them any favors.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Quote:

"Realistically you can't win no championship with three white guys because the foot speed is too slow," Ball said.

Just take the L, Lavar.
Method Man
He's not. There are just a lot of *******s out there who love other *******s.
85AustinAg
AG
So jimmy the Greek was onto something?
Pumpkinhead
AG
Pumpkinhead
AG
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/basketball-boston-celtics-larry-bird-danny-ainge-kevin-mchale-and-picture-id619475302
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/basketball-boston-celtics-larry-bird-danny-ainge-kevin-mchale-and-picture-id619475302

What's that? A picture of the guys Lavar would embarass in 1-on-1 once he was done with Jordan?

pdaddy
AG
Lonzo is over rated and weak. The balls think they're the Kardashians of Basketball.
Basketball and Chain
AG
He's a racist.
TMartin
Crazy thing about the Celtics picture.....they're all wearing the same shoes.
PatAg
AG
Potentiallyrics an extremely racist remark if we were on theach politics board
CactusThomas
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

That was all Parish. He had killer footspeed.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Getting called out on $500 shoes!

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/shaq-calls-lavar-ball-price-lonzos-signature-shoe-232043570.html

And getting called out on the shoes logo!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/05/ohio-state-football-coach-zach-smith-zone-6-lonzo-logo-bbb-495-shoes-big-baller-brand
bobinator
AG
The logos aren't that similar, but this shoe bit is another genius move. Some people are going to buy them "ironically" and the Ball family will be laughing at the bank.

This is the kind of crap that happens these days because of this bizarro social media/news cycle we live in.

There's too much media (not too much journalism, but too much media) and we haven't learned the value of collectively ignoring these idiots yet. It's like that in politics, sports, and everything else these days. We have the power to just ignore this type of crap, but we don't use it enough.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
Those shoes are ugly af.
94chem
Quote:

The logos aren't that similar, but this shoe bit is another genius move. Some people are going to buy them "ironically" and the Ball family will be laughing at the bank.
Fool's gold is how I heard it described. Sure, they'll sell 10,000 of them and make a million dollars. So what? Nike pays WNBA players more than that.

Starbury 2.0
FTAG 2000
AG
zmurda said:

absolutely despise First Take and everything it stands for, but did turn on this morning to see their take on this. Unfortunately...and can't believe I'm saying this....Stephen A was not on. However, I was shocked to see Max Kellerman basically defend Lavar's comments under the premise that he can say whatever he wants to about whites b/c of this country's history. I guess I honestly can't think of a dumber argument. So, when does you allowance for racial retaliation end....2027? 2567? 3118?

ESPN advancing some sort of SJW take you say?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.