Talked to Robert Williams today

4,381 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jml2621
aggiewhoop1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My drunk @ss went up to Williams at chilifest, he was with Tony and they looked like they were having a good time. Asked him why he stayed, he said he legitimately feels like he can win a natty next year. He said he sees So much potential in the guys we have and the guys we are getting. It's good to hear some positive news every once in awhile
claym711
Method Man
I will be on the committee to build Robert a statue if we make the elite 8.
sincereag
I'll drive down from Dallas once a week and polish the statue of RW if we can make the Final Four.
Serious Lee
me personally, wouldve been more curious why he stayed at chilifest but thanks for the scoop
Pumpkinhead
AG
aggiewhoop1 said:

My drunk @ss went up to Williams at chilifest, he was with Tony and they looked like they were having a good time. Asked him why he stayed, he said he legitimately feels like he can win a natty next year. He said he sees So much potential in the guys we have and the guys we are getting. It's good to hear some positive news every once in awhile

so after the literally hundreds of hours spent by TexAgs posters speculating that Williams and Trocha were almost certainly gone, because a) money and b) the A&M coaches suck so bad that spending another year in College Station would be a complete waste of time anyways, both those guys on April 1 are found hanging out together with 'confetti dreams' of winning a college national championship?

Raise your hand if you saw this moment coming a month ago.
Olsen
AG
Trevor Knight was at Chilifest too!
mazzag
AG
Method Man said:

Please use different statue makers than the ones used at KF.
Serious Lee
i mean, regardless of draft status, DJ and tyler said before their freshman year they werent gonna leave until we made the final four. Some kids enjoy the game more than the fame.
MidTnAg
AG
I just hope that all of the ones who want to play ball after college will get to. Either in the NBA or in a foreign country.
Paradise Ag
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

aggiewhoop1 said:

so after the literally hundreds of hours spent by TexAgs posters speculating that Williams and Trocha were almost certainly gone, because a) money and b) the A&M coaches suck so bad that spending another year in College Station would be a complete waste of time anyways, both those guys on April 1 are found hanging out together with 'confetti dreams' of winning a college national championship?

Raise your hand if you saw this moment coming a month ago.

Who knew Aggie Basketball was stocked with sunshine pumpers?
Method Man
mazzag said:

Method Man said:

What the 12 mud zombies statue doesn't do it for you?
TMartin
The two teams in the final this year feature big men.......who knows.
GE
AG
If we win a natty in basketball I'll personally devote the next ten years of my life to learning the craft and will sculpt fully anatomically accurate statues of every person associated with the program from Billy Kennedy to Chase Carlton
txag72
AG
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Method Man said:
mazzag said:

What the 12 mud zombies statue doesn't do it for you?
I'll demolish the existing one so you can put the new one there. Football can build one next to it when...........
Hop
Staff
AG
GE said:

If we win a natty in basketball I'll personally devote the next ten years of my life to learning the craft and will sculpt fully anatomically accurate statues of every person associated with the program from Billy Kennedy to Chase Carlton

Can you throw in a sculpture of Radar Ricke while you're at it?
GE
AG
You bet
TXAggie2011
AG
It's a weird image in my head of a drunk ass kid going up to someone and asking a serious question at Chilifest and that someone giving the answer above in the mushy sentimental way the OP paints it as.
sincereag
Apparently Robert doesn't think coaching is a problem with this team. I like his positive attitude about this team.
Pumpkinhead
AG
AggieTFA06 said:

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but does anyone remember who the coach is? I'm glad Robert Williams is back, but I would manage those expectations first.
Maybe they can arrange for you to talk to the basketball players, and you can take a shot at demoralizing them so that their goals & expectations are lower than winning a national championship.
USNAggie44
When I asked him if he was going to be top 5, he said top 3
bobinator
AG
What did Lynyrd Skynyrd say tho?
bero88
aggiewhoop1 said:

Was he drunk too?
Hop
Staff
AG
bobinator said:

What did Lynyrd Skynyrd say tho?

Gotta love it when a couple of surviving members that had nothing to do with writing or singing the band's songs can pretend to be Lynyrd Skynyrd and make a living for 40 years.
s13fenton
Personally saw him and Trocha slap the bag, most athletic slap the bag I've ever seen.
txjortsagent
AG
GE said:

Leave some molding material to erect one of me fully erect looking at said statues
Method Man
jml2621
aggiewhoop1 said:

DraftExpress and NBAdraft.net already have RW as 5th in the 2018 mock. His decision has the potential to pay off BIG TIME...
jml2621
sincereag said:

Apparently Robert doesn't think coaching is a problem with this team. I like his positive attitude about this team.

Watch for RW to be a Leader next year on the court. We saw glimpses in the 2nd half of the season.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.