Josh Nebo (PF/St. Francis) - Another Transfer?

6,466 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PaRappa
Hop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Method Man said:

Would he have a job if he had Sumlin's personality?
Well, Sumlin has a job with his personality. There's no doubt that A&M has a sticky trigger finger over the years and I'm not sure why.
Method Man
Different circumstances 100%, but yeah.
mdanyc03
AG
Saying he would get fired if he were a jerk, cheat or scoundrel (I am not calling Sumlin those things just FTR) and saying that the number one argument to keep him is "he is a nice guy" are 100% different things.

Surely everybody understands that.
Method Man
How about saying the he's good buddies with some really important people who all think he's a nice guy and it's why he kept a job after year four and got a ridiculous new contract isn't based on accomplishment isn't a stretch either.

Sumlin isn't a scoundrel either. He just isn't a shmoozer. You made the jump from not nice to awful which wasn't the same thing.
Double Diamond
Players can't " go off scholarship."
GE
AG
Method Man said:

How about saying the he's good buddies with some really important people who all think he's a nice guy and it's why he kept a job after year four and got a ridiculous new contract isn't based on accomplishment isn't a stretch either.

Sumlin isn't a scoundrel either. He just isn't a shmoozer. You made the jump from not nice to awful which wasn't the same thing.
Sumlin comes off as a dick.
GE
AG
Double Diamond said:

Why not? Are all scholarships by rule for the remainder of each player's college career?
Method Man
Yes, he does.
JJxvi
AG
Double Diamond said:

Absolutely can. Stansbury even had his best player be a walk on for his senior year once, which I'm still not sure how that was legal. You can't go off of scholarship if you were recruited with official visits and signed a scholarship LOI and those things but it's no issue with a former walk on.
GoodOldAgs
Double Diamond said:

TheHaus81
AG
...00:58 of Hop's video on Josh. Looks familiar..
GE
AG
TheHaus81 said:

...00:58 of Hop's video on Josh. Looks familiar..
Damn good catch. No clue how you saw that. DJ in the background to top it off
TheHaus81
AG
Ha, it was a double take because the video is screaming through the highlights. Caught my eye, so I went back to double check. Did he play with De'Aaron Fox?
Hop
Staff
AG
That was a good catch. I had to replay it twice to see it and I was looking for it.
numetalbizkitaggie
AG
I wonder if Kennedy isn't seeing what other transfer options are available. It's kind of odd that nothing has moved on this in awhile.
jml2621
JJxvi said:

Double Diamond said:

Absolutely can. Stansbury even had his best player be a walk on for his senior year once, which I'm still not sure how that was legal. You can't go off of scholarship if you were recruited with official visits and signed a scholarship LOI and those things but it's no issue with a former walk on.
Correct.
jml2621

We're going to be a legit 10 deep + Collins towel waving...

Top 15 team on paper. We'll see.
jml2621
Hop said:

A Tavario Miller role off the bench with more length/wingspan and better Hops and D.

Excellent addition. Props to slot filling during the offseason. We should be able to play a LOT more MTM, get in the passing lane, get the semi-break going. Kick out for open 3s...especially if RW is drawing defenders (not that it's going to do much good on some plays. Far less risk of garbage rotations. Solid up and down the positions now.
jml2621
Hop said:

Method Man said:

Would he have a job if he had Sumlin's personality?
Well, Sumlin has a job with his personality. There's no doubt that A&M has a sticky trigger finger over the years and I'm not sure why.

Besides recruiting and connections (allegedly) I wonder if part of the reason no move on BK's status was attempted... was that Sumlin's position is hanging in the balance. I'm a LOT more optimistic about MBB than football next year.

Two big payouts in less than a year would be too much.

PaRappa
Sumlin is far better at his job than Kennedy is at his (which is pretty damn sad when you think about it).

That is why he can get away with being dick (though maybe not much longer). If he sucked up to the BMAs like Kennedy did, we would never get rid of him.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.