****NCAA Elite 8 Thread****

9,543 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Gil Renard
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As for Roy Williams, I don't think a coach can be really overrated because that coach has recruited so well that he "only" has 2 national titles and 9 final fours.
Mike Elko
AG
UNC. Didn't play well, but found a way to beat a great team. Two. More.
txag72
AG

"The Aggies (13-11, 5-7) led 42-41 midway through the second half and looked like they might get their first win in five tries against a ranked team this season."

The fouls were 21 to 12 against us. The refs gave them the game in the last 10 minutes after it was back and forth the first 30 minutes.
txag72
AG
Quote:

txag72 said:
Never forget......3 of 8 in the Elite 8. This conference under-rated? OK, yea the top 3, but hey, those guys lost some conference games and we could've/should've beaten Florida on the road.

Quote:

We were down at the half and lost by 9. That's not "should have" territory.
"The Aggies (13-11, 5-7) led 42-41 midway through the second half and looked like they might get their first win in five tries against a ranked team this season."

Fouls were 21 to 12 against us. It was back and forth for 30 minutes before the refs gave them the game.
TXAggie2011
AG
It wasn't back and forth. Florida had the Aggies at arms length most of the time. A&M challenged Florida for about 10 minutes of the game.
txag72
AG
Geez, it was a 3 point game at 10 minutes, it was a 2 point game at the half and we were ahead with 10 minutes to go.
Jimmie Dimmick
Does it matter?
txag72
AG
It matters that the facts are correct, yea.
BBQ4Me
AG
Yep. And he seems to more than teams that out recruit UNC (UK, Duke, UCLA, Arizona, KU)
Jimmie Dimmick
So you can look at the body of work by both teams and say we "should've" won? Fans that believe in facts like these are why we keep mediocre coaches for so long.
TXAggie2011
AG
txag72 said:

Geez, it was a 3 point game at 10 minutes, it was a 2 point game at the half and we were ahead with 10 minutes to go.

And in between Florida was 5, 6, 7+, at one point 11 points ahead.
Deputy Travis Junior
txag72 said:

We were up by 4 with ~12 minutes left, and then a great team playing at home took over and put us away.

Not "should have won" territory.
Gil Renard
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Gil Renard said:

Bocephus said:

Alabaster Jones said:

Does anyone do less with more than Self? He gets a number one seed every year and then usually doesn't do much

Hasn't he won 2 national titles?

1 and it's been a decade or so I think. I'm sure KU fans are about done with him. He needs to send chalmers a part of his check cause of the shot in SA that beat a better Memphis team that year imo

All the KU fans I know love him.

Agreed but fact of the matter is those fans would hate them more than they do now at the time and would have likely fired him by now.
Gil Renard
AG
Gil Renard said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Gil Renard said:

Bocephus said:

Alabaster Jones said:

Does anyone do less with more than Self? He gets a number one seed every year and then usually doesn't do much

Hasn't he won 2 national titles?

1 and it's been a decade or so I think. I'm sure KU fans are about done with him. He needs to send chalmers a part of his check cause of the shot in SA that beat a better Memphis team that year imo

All the KU fans I know love him.

Agreed but fact of the matter is those fans would hate them more than they do now at the time and would have likely fired him by now.

Lots of KU fans are divided when they'd lose early in the dance after that 08 year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.