Transfer candidate visiting this weekend

4,046 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DTP02
Method Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hope we land him.
mdanyc03
GE
AG
Method Man said:

Hope we land him.
Who it is?
LawHall88
AG
Don't know about this weekend, but consider Josh Nebo:

Quote:

Josh Nebo needed just two seasons to become one of the most impactful players Saint Francis has had in two decades, but those two seasons are all the Red Flash are going to get out of him.

Nebo, a sophomore from Houston, has decided to transfer, SFU coach Rob Krimmel confirmed Thursday. There's no word yet on where Nebo is heading, but he wants to get back closer to home, Krimmel said.

http://www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/1261858?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
USNAggie44
LawHall88 said:

Quote:

Josh Nebo needed just two seasons to become one of the most impactful players Saint Francis has had in two decades, but those two seasons are all the Red Flash are going to get out of him.

Nebo, a sophomore from Houston, has decided to transfer, SFU coach Rob Krimmel confirmed Thursday. There's no word yet on where Nebo is heading, but he wants to get back closer to home, Krimmel said.

http://www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/1261858?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Pass
mdanyc03
AG
Conference defensive player of the year as a sophomore. School record for block shots. Sits a year and then joins the big man rotation after Robert and tonny are gone. Works perfectly. Tell me more about why we should pass.
LawHall88
AG
GE said:

Method Man said:

Hope we land him.
Who it is?
I can't post his tweet for some reason, but it appears to be Duane Wilson, a combo guard from Marquette:

https://twitter.com/Sw****Du1/status/844959027725570049
mdanyc03
AG
Random story- as you might recall, he played at Reed last game before Christmas. We stuck around for the kids to shoot on the court afterward and ended up walking out right behind Nebo and his family. He left with his family rather than on the team bus. I guess they probably had a break for a few days for the holiday so they let him drive back to Houston and then fly back up to catch up with the team after the break. Anyway didn't think much of it until I saw this.
GE
AG
USNAggie44 said:

LawHall88 said:

Quote:

Pass
Competition level is obviously different but he is 11th nationally in blocks per game whereas Rob Williams was 18th. Definite take (aside from any potential off-court concerns) considering we have schollies to burn and desperately need depth on the inside in the '18/'19 season.

Also like that he would have two years to play.
GE
AG
mdanyc03 said:

Random story- as you might recall, he played at Reed last game before Christmas. We stuck around for the kids to shoot on the court afterward and ended up walking out right behind Nebo and his family. He left with his family rather than on the team bus. I guess they probably had a break for a few days for the holiday so they let him drive back to Houston and then fly back up to catch up with the team after the break. Anyway didn't think much of it until I saw this.
Forgot we played them this year. He went for 11 and 7 against us.
DTP02
AG
Wilson would be a good pickup as a veteran hand who can back up both backcourt positions. While we all hope Caldwell can hit the ground running and Starks can be a contributor right away as well, they are still fish and I'd rest easier with another veteran in the backcourt.

I envisioned Gilder being the solution in the event our young PGs are struggling (freshman insurance) but Wilson could allow Gilder just to focus in at the 2. How amenable Wilson would be to likely getting pushed aside for starter minutes at the point, even if he was the early season starter, is another question.

Obviously Chew painted an attractive enough picture to get him to give us his first visit, so that says something. Doesn't do anything extremely well, but he's played a lot of minutes for a major program. Could be a significant pickup.

GE
AG
DTP02 said:

Wilson would be a good pickup as a veteran hand who can back up both backcourt positions. While we all hope Caldwell can hit the ground running and Starks can be a contributor right away as well, they are still fish and I'd rest easier with another veteran in the backcourt.

I kinda envisioned Gilder being the solution in the event our young PGs are struggling, but Wilson would allow Gilder just to focus in at the 2. How amenable Wilson would be to likely getting pushed aside for starter minutes at the point, even if he was the early season starter, is another question.

Obviously Chew painted an attractive enough picture to get him to give us his first visit, so that says something. Could be a significant pickup.
Would he be a grad transfer or just a transfer that has to sit out a season?
LawHall88
AG
Wilson would be a grad transfer.
mdanyc03
AG
Grad transfer
DTP02
AG
Graduating in May with one year of eligibility left.
GE
AG
Looking at his stat line from this season I would say no way. Looking at his stat line from his previous two seasons I would say fine, take him as insurance.
Method Man
I just think we need another two guard.
GE
AG
If it's someone immediately available that guarantees attrition of at least one. We know DJ, Admon, Tyler, Tonmy, and Robert aren't going anywhere so it would have to be one of the other guys. Really hope it isn't Vila.
Serious Lee
Method Man said:

I just think we need another two guard.
are we not even pursuing mike browns son?
CypressAg09
AG
GE said:

If it's someone immediately available that guarantees attrition of at least one. We know DJ, Admon, Tyler, Tonmy, and Robert aren't going anywhere so it would have to be one of the other guys. Really hope it isn't Vila.
Could just be a guy like Collins going back to walk on status.
bobinator
AG
I'd imagine you'd expect at least some attrition.
DTP02
AG
There are 2-3 obvious attrition candidates. Just look at the roster.

I am much more comfortable relying on a fish like Flagg, Chandler, or even Starks as a combo being relied on at the 2 than I am the 1.

I think a veteran point is a bigger need for freshman insurance, and in this case you'd get a guy who can play some off the ball as well.
Aggie09Derek
AG
GE said:

Eubanks
mdanyc03
AG
CypressAg09 said:

GE said:

Could just be a guy like Collins going back to walk on status.

We are at 13 not counting Collins
mdanyc03
AG
I could see Eubanks be a medical retirement
GE
AG
I don't think we need a one year player unless he is a one and done superstar or a proven player who has done well against major conference competition. Just a personal preference. Every minute this person plays (if a guard) takes away from the opportunity for our young freshmen to gain experience.
txag72
AG
Quote:

Hope we land him.
Seems maybe you know something as you are usually pretty "reserved" about most things new. And later you say you'd like a 2 guard? Got info?
Aggie09Derek
AG
Why medical? If he thinks he can play at any level and maybe wants to go back closer to home he will be transferring out.

He's simply not good enough to play at this level and would get practically no minutes this year - end of game type minutes only.
Method Man
I know nuhseen
mdanyc03
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Why medical? If he thinks he can play at any level and maybe wants to go back closer to home he will be transferring out.

He's simply not good enough to play at this level and would get practically no minutes this year - end of game type minutes only.

Because he has two rods in his shins which is why he was throwing down windmill 360 dunks in high school and now looks like he can barely jump.
txag72
AG
And??
LawHall88
AG
mdanyc03
AG
With transfers, everybody has one or two spots and will bring is 5-6 guys. Everybody kinda slowly figures out who fits best where and then the pieces start to fall into place. I wouldn't expect to hear anything any time real soon on this. And honestly, I don't expect it to happen.
zooguy96
Duane Wilson's statistics from last year sucked. He shot 29% from three and 40% overall. He only average five points per game.

Freshman and sophomore year stats were much better. I'm not sure of why his stats decreased, but I'd pass.
Hop
Staff
AG
Because he's a natural point guard/combo guard, and they needed him to move to wing last year.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.