*****NCAA Sweet 16 Day 1 Thread*****

2 Views | 100 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by blackgoldag11
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
6:09 PM CBS (7) Michigan vs. (3) Oregon

6:39 PM TBS (4) West Virginia v (1) Gonzaga

8:39 PM CBS (4) Purdue v (1) Kansas

9:09 PM TBS (11) Xavier v (2) Arizona
Bunk Moreland
My predictions:

Oregon
WVU
Kansas
Arizona
AggieSportsGuy
AG
Michigan is gonna murda murda Oregon

Gonzaga is going to humiliate WVU

Kansas ousts Purdue by 20

Xavier hangs close but misses a game winning shot against Zona
bobinator
AG
Yeah, today's games look like garbage compared to tomorrow. Of course that means we'll have all-time classics tonight and tomorrow's games will suck.
Mike Elko
AG
Gonzaga blows... As long as they don't win the tourney, I'm good.
benjamintito
AG
Michigan - Lack of Boucher finally catches up to Oregon facing a hot Wolverine team ala UConn
WV - Zags get worn down by that tenacious D and get exposed in the paint
Kansas by 10 - They just have that look this year with Mason on a mission and Jackson 1 and done
AZ by 5 - Xavier hangs around all game, but Cats prevail in the end
deadbq03
AG
For the sake of my office bracket, I hope it's all upsets tonight with the exception of Gonzaga.
Bassmaster
AG
Michigan
WV
Purdue
Zona
Pumpkinhead
AG
I see both Zona and Kansas winning.

Got a lot less *feel* for those Mich vs. Oregon or Gonzaga vs. WVU games. Michigan is playing really well right now and Oregon is a key man short which I think ultimately bites them.

And WVU pressure is a bit unique and I'll be curious how the Zags respond to that.

I agree with others that tomorrow's games are much more interesting to me though.
bobinator
AG
I can't decide if Gonzaga is perfectly designed to destroy WVU's press or if that press is perfectly designed to destroy Gonzaga, but whichever one it is I don't think that game will be close.
bobinator
AG
Oregon/Michigan should be pretty entertaining from a style standpoint anyway. Let it fly.
CapCityAg89
AG
bobinator said:

Oregon/Michigan should be pretty entertaining from a style standpoint anyway. Let it fly.

Michigan is 0-3 with at least 2 TOs inside the 3 point line and 2-2 outside it. Funny.
bobinator
AG
That's kind of what happened against Oklahoma State. OSU seemed to me to be playing better overall, but Michigan shot 60% from beyond the arc in the second half, it was insane.
PatAg
AG
That and Michigan has been playing some great defense down the stretch, counting their Big10 tourney.
Goose
AG
I'm already tired of the look of amazement/bewilderment on the faces of West Virginia players who are called for fouls. Every.single.foul...
NukeAg10
AG
People were worried today's games were gonna suck. I know there's two left, but so far so good.
bobinator
AG
They do both kind of suck, but they're close. Oregon/Michigan is heating up though
Goose
AG
Dumb last shot. At least go to the hole and maybe get a call.
wacarnolds
AG
Goose said:

Do you even Michigan bro?
OldArmy71
AG
Interesting decision to sit Wagner. They came back, but didn't have a rebounder.
wacarnolds
AG
Not sure what's more unbelievable...Beilein not using his last timeout to set up a play, or Oregon not using their last 2 fouls to run out the clock
bobinator
AG
The fouls to give thing is something you have to practice and it can go really wrong in the half court so I can actually get not doing it
PatAg
AG
OldArmy71 said:

Interesting decision to sit Wagner. They came back, but didn't have a rebounder.
He's not a great rebounder and it looked like he hurt his hand/wrist on that attempted charge he took.
PatAg
AG
Goose said:

Not sure if you were watching, but they were playing to prevent the drive to the hole, the pull up was actually open surprisingly.

They ended up losing because they gave up an offensive rebound on the front end of a one and one...and they had their big(that didnt play much this year, but did last year) sitting on the bench as it happened.
zooguy96
Davis needs to be watching Karnowski. Dude has some good footwork. Not that Davis doesn't, but Karnowski has an 18 foot shot that's deadly.
wacarnolds
AG
bobinator said:

The fouls to give thing is something you have to practice and it can go really wrong in the half court so I can actually get not doing it
1. Things can definitely go wrong, but the ball was at/behind midcourt for at least a second or two. Don't have the luxury of replay, but I don't think he got to shooting distance until 3-4 seconds were left.

2. I assume every team has practiced fouling up 3 with less than 10 seconds left, so the concept should not be foreign to them.

3. They had already fouled once, so it appears they just chose not to do it again. Might have been another one of those dumb fouls, ala Vanderbilt, though.
gougler08
AG
So. Many. Fouls in this WVU game
zooguy96
Carter playing well for WVU. Baller.
NukeAg10
AG
that block. webber sounds like he's about to jump onto the court.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, from the player's reaction I don't think that foul was on purpose.

I agree that I would have fouled, I'm just saying I've seen a lot of teams who their coach will say after the game they haven't even really practiced it because having fouls to give is so rare in college.
bobinator
AG
I hate watching WVU games because they game the officials and it ALWAYS works
gougler08
AG
bobinator said:

I hate watching WVU games because they game the officials and it ALWAYS works

I hate hearing Press Virginia 800 times
BBQ4Me
AG
4 fouls for the PG. WVU is gonna pull the upset
DannyDuberstein
AG
Another blown call
DannyDuberstein
AG
That wasn't even close. Wtf was the ref watching and why is this video taking so long?

Man up and fix your call, stupid.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.