A&M ranked headed into next season?

11,281 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wacarnolds
mdanyc03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hickory High said:

CactusThomas said:

Can we see your bracket?
Stop being obtuse. Think rationally. Are you telling me that there's NOTHING Duke could have done to beat South Carolina? Or even Mercer? That once you get in the tournament, there's absolutely nothing you can do to control how you play?

What in the world point are you trying to make?

(Shout out to thon maker)
Hickory High
AG
That the good teams show up when it's time to show up. We will have a good team. The question is whether or not the coach will get the team to play to that potential when it counts.
chipotle
ha...no
mdanyc03
AG
So was Villanova not a good team this year or was Jay Wright a bad coach?
Hickory High
AG
Well they clearly weren't as good as advertised. Good players show up when it's time to show up.
mdanyc03
AG
Hickory High said:

Well they clearly weren't as good as advertised. Good players show up when it's time to show up.
This is called logical determinism. It is basically the way that stupid people think. I hope you develop better reasoning skills before you graduate. Good luck.
Hickory High
AG
mdanyc03 said:

Hickory High said:

This is called logical determinism. It is basically the way that stupid people think. I hope you develop better reasoning skills before you graduate. Good luck.

You're so smart, can I meet you?

Also, this is called ad hominem. It's what people do when they run out of reasonable responses to give.
TangoMike
Hickory High said:

So you're arguing that there is no such thing as an upset? You're arguing that Mercer was a better basketball team than Duke was, across the board? I just want to make sure we're all understanding this.

Btw, is Thon Maker going to be MVP this year?
Hickory High
AG
Tribe2013 said:

Hickory High said:

So you're arguing that there is no such thing as an upset? You're arguing that Mercer was a better basketball team than Duke was, across the board? I just want to make sure we're all understanding this.

Btw, is Thon Maker going to be MVP this year?
sigh...no, I just don't feel like listing out ALL the qualifiers with what I say. There's always exceptions to the rule. That would be one of them.
Mike Elko
AG
jml2621 said:

EliteZags said:

so was Duke lacking the talent or coaching portion this year?

Coach K was out of half the season. Same for Giles, Bolden. Tatum was injured. As was Jefferson. Allen lost his mind for awhile.

One of their problems was that they could not play Allen and Kennard together, Neither can play defense.

So this would be a "Dumpster Fire" season for Duke...with more injuries than BK had to deal with in year 1. Yet, they were ACC Champs.

So much exaggeration in this post. Too bad your team ran out of excuses against South Carolina.
GrayMatter
AG
not to derail the pissing contest, but I doubt we will be ranked.

We will be named "one of the underrated teams" or "teams to look out for" but that's about it.
Tobias Funke
AG
Good grief I hate everything that Hickory High posts. Insufferable.
Hickory High
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Good grief I hate everything that Hickory High posts. Insufferable.

Likewise, chief
bobinator
AG
AggieBaller98 said:

not to derail the pissing contest, but I doubt we will be ranked.

We will be named "one of the underrated teams" or "teams to look out for" but that's about it.
I'd bet we're ranked.
wacarnolds
AG
bobinator said:

I'd bet we're ranked.
Some guys will have us in the top 20, based on the hype of Williams returning and a roster that looks solid on paper. And some will leave us out of the polls, based on our poor performance this year.

In the end, I assume we will start between #21-24
bobinator
AG
Yeah, plus the recruiting class is ranked pretty high. For most people that do preseason rankings they just look at who you're bringing back and what does your recruiting class look like. It's not like they do a deep dive into the program. I'd guess about 20-21 yeah
Yell Practice
Start at #25 Maybe.
JJxvi
AG
We'll certainly start the season ranked, and I don't think its out of the question that the coaches pick us to win the league assuming no other changes to the roster. We are going to have 2 players selected onto the preseason first team, one will possibly be picked as the preseason player of the year as well, and I'm not sure that UK will be looked on as favorably, while Florida, Arkansas, South Carolina et al all lose senior starpower, etc, etc.
Pumpkinhead
AG
If they decide not to rank the Texas Longhorns, then somebody will have to take their spot in the pre-season top-25. Why not us?

On second thought, the horns will still probably be ranked cause....longhorns....

Speaking of the horns, noticed that their 5-star freshman center Jarrett Allen declared for the draft a couple of days ago (though is not signing with an agent so he could withdraw after going through the process).

Shaka also fired one of his assistant coaches as part of the fallout from a bad season.
wacarnolds
AG
JJxvi said:

We'll certainly start the season ranked, and I don't think its out of the question that the coaches pick us to win the league assuming no other changes to the roster. We are going to have 2 players selected onto the preseason first team, one will possibly be picked as the preseason player of the year as well, and I'm not sure that UK will be looked on as favorably, while Florida, Arkansas, South Carolina et al all lose senior starpower, etc, etc.
SEC should be a 3 team race between Kentucky, Florida and A&M. Need to see how Florida and Kentucky look post-draft declarations before establishing a pecking order, but right now I'd say
1a. Kentucky
1b. A&M
2. Florida

Ultimately, it will likely come down to who gets the most favorable schedule.
GE
AG
wacarnolds said:

JJxvi said:

SEC should be a 3 team race between Kentucky, Florida and A&M. Need to see how Florida and Kentucky look post-draft declarations before establishing a pecking order, but right now I'd say
1a. Kentucky
1b. A&M
2. Florida

Ultimately, it will likely come down to who gets the most favorable schedule.
Couple other teams in the conference that will have young talent
Serious Lee
kentucky might be in for a rough year. their fans are already whining about williams coming back and all the other teams that are expected to make a jump next year, while they are breaking in their youngest and probably least talented team cal has had yet.
wacarnolds
AG
Uncle Gunnysack said:

kentucky might be in for a rough year. their fans are already whining about williams coming back and all the other teams that are expected to make a jump next year, while they are breaking in their youngest and probably least talented team cal has had yet.

Giving them the benefit of doubt for now, but yeah I won't be surprised if/when we end up with a much better roster.
JJxvi
AG
https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/news/way-too-early-top-25-for-the-2017-18-college-basketball-season-043001438.html
DeangeloVickers
AG
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/19047845/college-basketball-way-too-early-top-25-rankings-2017-18?sf67749027=1

We didn't make NIT and everyone wants to be Top 25?!!
bobinator
AG
I still think by the time the offseason dust clears we'll be ranked by most folks. I'd predict about #22.
GrayMatter
AG
Yeah I can see us being ranked in the right-before-the-season-starts-preseason-poll.

The way too early poll is kind of the what have you done for me lately poll.

The last thing we need is for us to be picked to win the conference. Man talk about a huge X on our backs for next season. I'd prefer that we fly under the radar, but with Williams and most of our core players back I kind of doubt that will happen.
bobinator
AG
I imagine Kentucky will be picked to win the league, and Florida will almost definitely be second.
Pumpkinhead
AG
I would prefer that we not be ranked when the season starts, but won't be surprising if we are given the roster.

Ag Eng 92
AG
Zoo- you've become so bitter over the last year.... let it go, bud.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Hickory High said:

CactusThomas said:

Hickory High said:

I'm expecting an Elite Eight showing. Nothing less.

Why do y'all do this to yourselves? They call it March madness for a reason
You're almost always in control of your own destiny in basketball. There's no supernatural force that decides which teams will inevitably be upset.

No 'supernatural' forces dictating last night's game, but there was a group of guys wearing zebra shirts who were heavily influencing what was taking place.
Leander - Ag
AG
Top 15
jvanbeek
AG
Yes
Yell Practice
Maybe start at #25 ??
Double Diamond
Yes

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.