Four of our five most athletic/explosive players will be freshmen next year

2,137 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by StarBurns
GE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flagg:

Chandler:

JJ Caldwell - quickest guy on the team day 1

TJ Starks

sleepybeagle
AG
That must be awesome to play like that!
mdanyc03
AG
I will give you four of six but wouldn't leave Admon or Robert off my top five.

I see where you could say that TJ and JJ are quicker than Admon and Jay Jay and Savion are faster/ better leapers, but overall and in the open floor Admon is still pretty explosive, imo.

DJ is pretty athletic too for a 6'9 guy in his own kinda unique way.
CypressAg09
AG
That Chandler one was pretty freaking impressive.
GE
AG
mdanyc03 said:

I will give you four of six but wouldn't leave Admon or Robert off my top five.

I see where you could say that TJ and JJ are quicker than Admon and Jay Jay and Savion are faster/ better leapers, but overall and in the open floor Admon is still pretty explosive, imo.

DJ is pretty athletic too for a 6'9 guy in his own kinda unique way.
Yep. Also I think Jay Jay is quicker than Admon as well. Not trying to diminish Admon in any way, I've been on his bandwagon since the very beginning.

bobinator
AG
"Athletic" these days basically means "fast" right? Because Tyler Davis is a hell of an athlete, he just isn't very fast and he's not a leaper. He could probably throw everyone else on the team around like tree branches in a tornado though.
GoodOldAgs
CypressAg09 said:

That Chandler one was pretty freaking impressive.
Dunks like MJ. Not quite at the free throw line but the form is almost a carbon copy
GE
AG
bobinator said:

"Athletic" these days basically means "fast" right? Because Tyler Davis is a hell of an athlete, he just isn't very fast and he's not a leaper. He could probably throw everyone else on the team around like tree branches in a tornado though.
I know what you are saying and yes, I meant in terms of speed, explosiveness and leaping ability. That's why it says athletic/explosive. I actually agree with your definition of athletic more, but here I meant it the other way. Obviously balance and hand eye coordination are part of athletucism and Davis has those two things in great quantities
GrayMatter
AG
After watching these vids, I see that Caldwell will start from Day 1 and it's his job to lose. Starks will get his minutes and it will be about him feeding the guys who are already here: Hogg, Gilder, Davis and Williams.

We don't need our starting PG to score, we're gonna need him to control the offense and feed our big men and every once in a while be in position to shoot a 3 when they double down on our bigs. But their main responsibility is to set up the team for scoring.

We really do need to go out and run with our 2nd unit. Savion, Starks, Chandler, Vila, Trocha, and Jasey.

Gonna go out on a limb and say that Caldwell will be in the top 3 in conference in assists per game next year.

Gentlemen, we finally have decent depth again!
deadbq03
AG
I've always considered "athletic" to simply mean track-and-field type things (running and jumping).

I've considered "powerful" or "dominant" better words to describe guys who are strong and impose their will, and "skilled" or "accurate" to describe guys with great coordination.
Keller6Ag91
AG
Caldwell and Starks can make this offense go. Only ? Is how productive in Year 1 of the SEC, which continues to be better than analysts expectations.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
Pumpkinhead
AG
As has been said on other threads, we will definitely be more talented and explosive athletically in the backcourt compared to last season. There is no question of whether we will be better overall in terms of guard play. The only question is how much better we will be.
StarBurns
AG
bobinator said:

HE SKRONG DEN
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.