Next Year's Schedule

6,838 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by bobinator
sincereag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Need to get Baylor back on the schedule for next year. That could be an incredibly big-time non-conf game.
BQ_90
AG
do we know who we're slated to play in the Big XII SEC hardwood throw down or wtf they call it.
miller0926
AG
I know we play West Virginia in Germany, Arizona in Phoenix, Oklahoma St. and Pitt/Penn St. in Brooklyn
bobinator
AG
Theoretically we should be at home in the challenge, so the Big 12 teams that were at home this year are:

West Virginia (obviously)
Oklahoma
Texas Tech
Oklahoma State
TCU

Assuming they don't give us West Virginia again, I guess we'd want TCU? Obviously there'd be a good media storyline there.

My second choice would be Texas Tech I guess.
LouisvilleAg
AG
With the SEC doing well this year in the tournament, we should have a favorable look upon us come tournament seeding instead of the conference being a downside to our seeding.
McInnis80
Don't we owe USC a home game?
Super Aggie 64
AG
Yes, we have a road game at USC.
txag72
AG
Quote:

With the SEC doing well this year in the tournament, we should have a favorable look upon us come tournament seeding instead of the conference being a downside to our seeding.
Yea, I said the same thing a couple of years ago when all the SEC teams won a few games including Tennessee who was in the play-in game, but the experts here said there is no carry-over from this success.
GrayMatter
AG
Schedule release date?
Sandman23
AG
bobinator said:

My marriage would suffer, but I would love this matchup.

Could we use it as Beard's coaching audition?
txag72
AG
Quote:

Need to get Baylor back on the schedule for next year. That could be an incredibly big-time non-conf game.
From what is already scheduled I'd say the schedule is plenty tough already.
TXAggie2011
AG
txag72 said:

Quote:

Meh. WVU and Arizona you think ought to be pretty good. Penn State and Pitt were very bad this season, and Oklahoma State was a middle of the road Big 12 squad that will be making a transition under a new coach.

I'm not all that knowledgeable about their recruiting and returning players, but it doesn't look like a particularlly difficult schedule to me.

The SEC might be getting better but it's still probably not going to provide us the kind of schedule that will impress folks.

And I think part of wanting Baylor is the intensity and excitement that would bring.
PatAg
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

txag72 said:

Quote:

Meh. WVU and Arizona you think ought to be pretty good. Penn State and Pitt were very bad this season, and Oklahoma State was a middle of the road Big 12 squad that will be making a transition under a new coach.

I'm not all that knowledgeable about their recruiting and returning players, but it doesn't look like a particularlly difficult schedule to me.

The SEC might be getting better but it's still probably not going to provide us the kind of schedule that will impress folks.

And I think part of wanting Baylor is the intensity and excitement that would bring.
truth
TXAggie2011
AG
That's random.

But thanks for the input. I'll put it in my feedback box for later consideration. It'd be more helpful if you'd let me know what's got you pissed off today.
Pumpkinhead
AG
miller0926 said:

I know we play West Virginia in Germany, Arizona in Phoenix, Oklahoma St. and Pitt/Penn St. in Brooklyn
Juwan Evans for Okie State just declared for the NBA draft. That plus having to go through yet another new coaching hire, could definitely be a down year for basketball in Stillwater next season.
sincereag
If Motley comes back to Baylor they will surely be a top 5 team and this would be a matchup of some of the nations best post players. It would also be a great test for our young PG's to go againt Lecomte and Lindsey. It would be very exciting to see.
TXAggie2011
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

miller0926 said:

Juwan Evans for Okie State just declared for the NBA draft. That plus having to go through yet another new coaching hire, could definitely be a down year for basketball in Stillwater next season.

Heck, their 9-9 finish this year in the Big 12 was their best since 2012-13 under Ford.

They've had some solid teams but even in their best form this hasn't been the program we all knew under Eddie Sutton.

Their best has been "good" and their worst has been "pretty bad" for about a decade now.
Mike Elko
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Their best has been "good" and their worst has been "pretty bad" for about a decade now.

Sooo, our spittin' image then.
bobinator
AG
sincereag said:

If Motley comes back to Baylor they will surely be a top 5 team and this would be a matchup of some of the nations best post players. It would also be a great test for our young PG's to go againt Lecomte and Lindsey. It would be very exciting to see.
Yeah, to be honest I'd even prefer to play at Baylor than to host OSU, OU, TCU or Tech. None of those teams really does anything for me.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Agree.

We should play Baylor and a Texas every year in baseball and basketball. Easy trip for each team and great for fans.
Ag13
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Agree.

We should play Baylor and a Texas every year in baseball and basketball. Easy trip for each team and great for fans.
And softball and women's basketball and basically every sport besides football. Want a non conference sell out that means something? Don't play Northwestern Louisiana State in every home game.

Would be awesome to get home games with Baylor in year A and home games with the Horns in year B. Guarantees a great, easy trip, non conference road game every year and a highly competitive non conference home game every year. It's absurd to me that this has not happened in basketball and baseball.
czar_iv
AG
I think we are getting ourselves too hyped up too early ... I'll wait until November when I can see the team before I start guzzling the Maroon Kool-aide.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
TangoMike
txag72 said:

Quote:

Yea, I said the same thing a couple of years ago when all the SEC teams won a few games including Tennessee who was in the play-in game, but the experts here said there is no carry-over from this success.

You pout a lot for an old man

Each season has its own data. Tennessee getting lucky from a play-in game has literally zero carry over. The Missouri Valley and A-10 were 4/5-bid leagues a few years ago. Is the committee still hanging on to that? This is worse than when fans say "my team made the S16 last year, the committee will remember that and give us a bump if we're on the bubble"
jml2621
bobinator said:

Theoretically we should be at home in the challenge, so the Big 12 teams that were at home this year are:

West Virginia (obviously)
Oklahoma
Texas Tech
Oklahoma State
TCU

Assuming they don't give us West Virginia again, I guess we'd want TCU? Obviously there'd be a good media storyline there.

We need some quality wins outside conference play. Opportunity knocks.
jml2621
czar_iv said:

I think we are getting ourselves too hyped up too early ... I'll wait until November when I can see the team before I start guzzling the Maroon Kool-aide.

Yep - I agree. My GI tract is stained maroon though from guzzling the kook-aid today. I'll enjoy it for the next 24 hours...then I remember who is front of on the bench.

We will need leadership ON The COURT next season. Gilder and RW have to provide that. Tyler Davis is an anchor, but he's quiet. We need vocal leadership and communication. We'll be able to play more MTM, which will help us in getting STEALS. In BK's offense we need steals and AND 1 buckets, and some outside shooting to Win.

and Winning will be even tougher next year. The SEC is Rising.

jml2621
Aggie_Eric98 said:

I just hope the coaches don't railroad us again and vote us to win the conference just because they have it out for BK, just like the Big 12 did.

sarcasm?
jml2621
Aggie09Derek said:

Agree.

This.
EKG1996
AG
We should make our non conference schedule as tough as possible.
wacarnolds
AG
EKG1996 said:

We should make our non conference schedule as tough as possible.

Agree. Anything else that's on the table, we need to schedule.
GrayMatter
AG
Even if it isn't Big 12 opponents, it would be nice to schedule some good mid major teams like Wichita St, VCU and similar.
mdanyc03
AG
Arizona will be top five and a virtual road game.

West Virginia will be top 10 or 15 neutral site.

USC is the trendy PAC team next year. Will be a top 20 road game.

Plus two major conference thanksgiving tournament games and the big 12 challenge. Sounds plenty tough to me.
Hop
Staff
AG
mdanyc03 said:

Plus two major conference thanksgiving tournament games and the big 12 challenge. Sounds plenty tough to me.

Yeah, I don't know what is "meh" about two potential top 10 matchups(WVA, AZ), a top 25 matchup(USC), and at least one NCAA team(OSU) along w. a TBD against a Big 12 team that will be a Top 30-40. And the other game in Brooklyn against a P5 opponent.

That's a minimum of six quality non-conference games out of 12-13 possible...and likely three ranked teams....all away from home. That's pretty salty.
CypressAg09
AG
Hop said:

mdanyc03 said:

Yeah, I don't know what is "meh" about two potential top 10 matchups(WVA, AZ), a top 25 matchup(USC), and at least one NCAA team(OSU) along w. a TBD against a Big 12 team that will be a Top 30-40. And the other game in Brooklyn against a P5 opponent.

That's a minimum of six quality non-conference games out of 12-13 possible...and likely three ranked teams....all away from home. That's pretty salty.

So, what you're saying is our pre-conference home schedule is going to be real, real bad?
mhayden
As will our home conference schedule since no Kentucky.

Really the home schedule next season all the way around is likely to be one of the worst in a long time.
GE
AG
free_mhayden said:

As will our home conference schedule since no Kentucky.

Really the home schedule next season all the way around is likely to be one of the worst in a long time.
No Kentucky for sure? I still haven't figured out what the actual rotation is for SEC basketball other than who our permanent home and home opponents are.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.